CSNbbs
For UAB BOT Trustee meeting today - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: For UAB BOT Trustee meeting today (/thread-776823.html)

Pages: 1 2

For UAB BOT Trustee meeting today - WesternBlazer - 04-07-2016 03:06 PM

Follow https://twitter.com/EdEnoch

RE: For UAB BOT Trustee meeting today - hooverblazer - 04-07-2016 03:37 PM

Agenda:

http://uasystem.ua.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Agenda-040816.pdf

Only notable new item I noticed was a renovation and expansion to the Commons dining facility.

Also, notable gifts from:

$2.3M from Rob Burton (Hoar Construction CEO) for two endowments
$1M from former trustee Angus Cooper for the Med School
$25k from current trustee Vanessa Leonard to establish a minority scholarship
$1.25M from Regions for two endowments
$100k from Paul Scokel for the endowment of an athletics scholarship

RE: For UAB BOT Trustee meeting today - hooverblazer - 04-07-2016 04:32 PM

Ehsan was introduced to the BOT by Ingram at the meeting today.

RE: For UAB BOT Trustee meeting today - UABslant - 04-07-2016 04:42 PM

The Collat School of Business building and the UAB Police Dept building designs were both approved.

Anyone seen the final designs yet?

RE: For UAB BOT Trustee meeting today - KevMo4UAB - 04-07-2016 06:30 PM

(04-07-2016 04:32 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  Ehsan was introduced to the BOT by Ingram at the meeting today.

Is this standard, or is this another leaf turned over by the BOT?

RE: For UAB BOT Trustee meeting today - mixduptransistor - 04-07-2016 10:16 PM

(04-07-2016 06:30 PM)KevMo4UAB Wrote:  
(04-07-2016 04:32 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  Ehsan was introduced to the BOT by Ingram at the meeting today.

Is this standard, or is this another leaf turned over by the BOT?

usually these hires don't line up with meetings and intros/approvals are done by telephone conference call

RE: For UAB BOT Trustee meeting today - mixduptransistor - 04-07-2016 10:21 PM

So, I didn't realize today was a meeting and I'm just now reading the agenda. Did anyone notice that the Board hired Protective as financial advisers to UAB and UAB Health System?

RE: For UAB BOT Trustee meeting today - hooverblazer - 04-07-2016 10:41 PM

[attachment=7899]

[attachment=7900]

RE: For UAB BOT Trustee meeting today - hooverblazer - 04-07-2016 10:46 PM

Twitter recap of the meetings today from Enoch:

Ahead of UAB construction agenda, AD Mark Ingram introduces new head basket ball coach Rob Ehsan to board. "We are happy to say the best one for UAB was right here ins Birmingham," Ingram said.

Ehsan opens with joke he may look young enough to be a player, but he is a coach.

"I am just so elated and excited for the opportunity to lead our young men, I love Birmingham and and I love UAB," Ehsan said.

Trustees approved design for new $37.5M academic building for the Collat School of Business.

Approved the design of a new $10.5-million UAB Police headquarters building

Authorized negotiation of an architectural contract with the top ranked firm for a $2M renovation project for the student dental clinic.

Authorized negotiation of an architectural agreement for a $3M renovation of the second and third floors of the Henry B. Peters Building.

Approved the preliminary plan for $5M, 15,400 gsf xenotransplantation cleanroom and vivarium off campus for a new research program. The facility will support graduate and medical students interested in organ transplantation science, according to packet. It would include include vivarium space, procedure spaces, isolation spaces, locker rooms, and office and administrative spaces.

Approved a $7.1M budget for a renovation part of the Buris R. Boshell building for use as administrative space for the Dept. of Surgery.

Approved a $4M budget for a 4,000 gsf addition to the UAB dining facility.

Approved purchasing 6petabytes of storage for $1.5M from Dell to expand the shared research storage array.

RE: For UAB BOT Trustee meeting today - WesternBlazer - 04-07-2016 10:56 PM

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7899]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7900]

RE: For UAB BOT Trustee meeting today - hooverblazer - 04-07-2016 11:23 PM

All in all, the BOT approved $69.1M in UAB construction projects today.

RE: For UAB BOT Trustee meeting today - UAB Band Dad - 04-08-2016 09:58 AM

Going over the agenda I can't help but note the wording: "The University of Alabama School of Medicine at UAB" versus "The University of Alabama at
Birmingham School of Health Professions".

RE: For UAB BOT Trustee meeting today - demiveeman - 04-08-2016 10:07 AM

(04-08-2016 09:58 AM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  Going over the agenda I can't help but note the wording: "The University of Alabama School of Medicine at UAB" versus "The University of Alabama at

Those are both the correct names, no matter how much we might hate it.

RE: For UAB BOT Trustee meeting today - mixduptransistor - 04-08-2016 12:30 PM

Actually, they are being generous by putting "at UAB". The legal name for the School of Medicine as defined by state law (not just decree of the Board) is simply the University of Alabama School of Medicine.

RE: For UAB BOT Trustee meeting today - Blazer_pidelta517 - 04-08-2016 01:19 PM

Does anyone else think the business building looks kind of ugly? I mean it's definitely a step up from the BEC, but it just sort of looks...clunky.

RE: For UAB BOT Trustee meeting today - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 04-08-2016 01:40 PM

(04-08-2016 09:58 AM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  Going over the agenda I can't help but note the wording: "The University of Alabama School of Medicine at UAB" versus "The University of Alabama at

The ownership of the SOM has been discussed many times over the years. It should come as no surprise that the system BOT considers all health professional schools to belong to their Crimson campus where they were located until the 1940s.

IF the #Free UAB movement should ever come to be, it is likely the BOT would only release the undergraduate part of UAB while retaining claim of ownership for all health professional schools. Any challenge would be settled in their favor by "their" State Supreme Court.

RE: For UAB BOT Trustee meeting today - UABFRENCHY - 04-08-2016 02:06 PM

(04-08-2016 01:40 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  

The ownership of the SOM has been discussed many times over the years. It should come as no surprise that the system BOT considers all health professional schools to belong to their Crimson campus where they were located until the 1940s.

IF the #Free UAB movement should ever come to be, it is likely the BOT would only release the undergraduate part of UAB while retaining claim of ownership for all health professional schools. Any challenge would be settled in their favor by "their" State Supreme Court.

dont worry when federal investigation show that most of the salary of the governor special lobbyist was paid by the member of the bot ,,,,the composition of the bot will change and UAB will take of business ,,,,,

RE: For UAB BOT Trustee meeting today - jthrashr - 04-08-2016 03:42 PM

(04-08-2016 01:19 PM)Blazer_pidelta517 Wrote:  Does anyone else think the business building looks kind of ugly? I mean it's definitely a step up from the BEC, but it just sort of looks...clunky.

I think almost all of UAB's buildings look ugly, so kudos to the architecture firm for nailing the aesthetic.

RE: For UAB BOT Trustee meeting today - BlazerPhil - 04-09-2016 11:02 AM

(04-08-2016 01:40 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  

dont worry when federal investigation show that most of the salary of the governor special lobbyist was paid by the member of the bot ,,,,the composition of the bot will change and UAB will take of business ,,,,,

I really want to believe you.

I think if the Feds show up and start investigating, a reasonable course of action would be :

Nuke Montgomery & Tuscaloosa from orbit. It is the only way to be sure.

RE: For UAB BOT Trustee meeting today - UAB Band Dad - 04-09-2016 11:59 AM

The FBI is already conducting interviews. The dark money PAC is subject to subpoena. If the donors, amounts, and expenditures are revealed things might get pretty interesting.