CSNbbs
Scheduling alliance for the independent schools - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: Scheduling alliance for the independent schools (/thread-775452.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Scheduling alliance for the independent schools - MJG - 03-25-2016 05:31 AM

The three orphans not BYU or ARMY they don't need one.

Have all three play four MAC teams in the middle of the season.
The MAC can schedule the four H&H games.
This would be the equivalent of adding one and a half teams to the conference.
Without sharing any revenue or adding Olympic sports.
Have ESPN add a second contract with all of the three schools football game payouts going to the MAC.
The bottom number would be 600k each MAC school gets 700k now.
Work it out where each road MAC school gets 100k that year.
Increase the footprint of the MAC and get paid for one G5 road game every other year.

Obviously the independent schools get four games a year.
Play each other and then your scheduling six which is probably better schedule wise than their previous conference situation.

RE: Scheduling alliance for the independent schools - MJG - 03-25-2016 06:11 AM

(03-25-2016 05:31 AM)MJG Wrote:  The three orphans not BYU or ARMY they don't need one.

Have ESPN add a second contract with all of the three schools football game payouts going to the MAC.
Increase the footprint of the MAC and get paid for one G5 road game every other year.

Play each other and then your scheduling six which is probably better schedule wise than their previous conference situation.

Start out with four years starting in 2018 and go from there.

RE: Scheduling alliance for the independent schools - PA-GAMECOCK - 03-25-2016 08:32 AM

(03-25-2016 06:11 AM)MJG Wrote:  
(03-25-2016 05:31 AM)MJG Wrote:  The three orphans not BYU or ARMY they don't need one.

Start out with four years starting in 2018 and go from there.

BYU has holes in their schedule going forward. They can fill them with Idaho and NMST. I believe they have some scheduling with UMASS already. Your right about Army though. They are pretty much booked through 2020 or 2022 with some games schedule with UMASS also.

RE: Scheduling alliance for the independent schools - HeartOfDixie - 03-25-2016 12:18 PM

I believe we call scheduling alliances conferences these days.

RE: Scheduling alliance for the independent schools - MJG - 03-25-2016 12:18 PM

The three could work out some rotating basketball tournament between each other at the holidays.
Like in Albuquerque then Boise at Century link then Boston Maybe involve MAC teams.
Include tier three rights basketball games for ESPN3 like .
Idaho vs WSU the oldest continual series West of the Mississippi.
UNM vs NMSU
When they are home games .

RE: Scheduling alliance for the independent schools - indianasniff - 03-25-2016 12:42 PM

Why the MAC. The schools are all out west. MWC sounds like a better fit...Oh wait they don't want them....Go ask the sunbelt

RE: Scheduling alliance for the independent schools - NuMexAg - 03-25-2016 01:17 PM

Probably wouldn't need formal scheduling agreements - though I'm sure if a conference was willing NMSU and Idaho would be interested. But there are plenty of G5 schools that periodically need H&H series. MAC, CUSA, MWC, Sun Belt, even AAC schools are all decent possibilities.

If you assume 3 money games (ouch, but maybe necessary), one FCS, and then Idaho and NMSU playing each other each year that leaves 7 games to schedule. NMSU is fortunate to have UNM and UTEP each year, so now down to 5. If NMSU and Idaho need to play H&H each year, then that leaves only 4 more games to schedule. That is doable.
May have many years with only 5 home games, but still doable.

RE: Scheduling alliance for the independent schools - EmeryZach - 03-25-2016 02:32 PM

UMass is lucky that we have Gillette available. It has made Indy a lot easier to schedule.

RE: Scheduling alliance for the independent schools - MJG - 03-25-2016 05:52 PM

The MAC makes sense because it has a small footprint.
The MAC has twelve teams so it fits one game for each member.
The better matchups can be scheduled with the six remaining games.
MAC revenue matches up well .

The SBC makes about a 100k Per team so ESPN won't double their money.

RE: Scheduling alliance for the independent schools - C2__ - 03-25-2016 09:35 PM

(03-25-2016 12:18 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I believe we call scheduling alliances conferences these days.

[Image: image004.gif]

I say the same thing anytime someone mentions a "scheduling alliance." 04-cheers

RE: Scheduling alliance for the independent schools - Sultan of Euphonistan - 03-25-2016 09:48 PM

Just note that Army already does schedule games with MAC schools very often.

RE: Scheduling alliance for the independent schools - kreed5120 - 03-25-2016 09:53 PM

No offense to UMass or their fans, but I'd prefer it if MAC teams let them fend for themselves. They had their chance to join, but they choose not to. The MAC shouldn't go out of their way to do them any favors.

RE: Scheduling alliance for the independent schools - HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine - 03-25-2016 10:59 PM

Army shouldn't schedule Idaho and New Mexico State. We are better than that.

RE: Scheduling alliance for the independent schools - C2__ - 03-25-2016 11:16 PM

So much better you lose to, let alone schedule, Ivy schools and on the road to boot.

RE: Scheduling alliance for the independent schools - HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine - 03-25-2016 11:27 PM

(03-25-2016 11:16 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  So much better you lose to, let alone schedule, Ivy schools and on the road to boot.

Adorable and I would rather lose to an Ivy League school. At least, they have history unlike the pathetic, outcast pair of Vandals and Aggies.

Speaking of history, how is the G5 life treating Houston? Missing the SWC? And that trophy case empty of National Titles.

RE: Scheduling alliance for the independent schools - C2__ - 03-26-2016 01:07 AM

UH is the reigning Peach Bowl champs and finished in top 10 last year. Life is great. Houston has turned as many heads as half the teams they were left behind by.

RE: Scheduling alliance for the independent schools - LatahCounty - 03-26-2016 01:16 AM

(03-25-2016 11:27 PM)HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Wrote:  
(03-25-2016 11:16 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  So much better you lose to, let alone schedule, Ivy schools and on the road to boot.

Adorable and I would rather lose to an Ivy League school. At least, they have history unlike the pathetic, outcast pair of Vandals and Aggies.

Speaking of history, how is the G5 life treating Houston? Missing the SWC? And that trophy case empty of National Titles.

HEY! We have history! I'll accept pathetic, and I'll accept outcast, but Idaho football has a long tradition of existence to its members and to the community at large.

RE: Scheduling alliance for the independent schools - LatahCounty - 03-26-2016 01:30 AM

Also, I think our fans should stop trying to talk up things like scheduling alliances, at least for now. We need to accept that our football reputation is in the toilet and that there's nothing in it for a conference to align with us at this time. There's also nothing in it for Idaho fans to keep throwing these ideas out on message boards when all that's going to happen is that the usual suspects will laugh them off.

Our football team needs to win some games. I believe it's finally been rebuilt enough to have a reasonable shot at bowling this year. If that happens we can poke our heads back out of the foxhole. Until then, we should stop talking about scheduling alliances and joining the Mountain West and other fantasies. To other fans we just look like people looking for a handout when we do that. Let's go earn it.

RE: Scheduling alliance for the independent schools - C2__ - 03-26-2016 03:24 AM

Idaho would be in the Pac today if its administration cared. I know college athletics was different 70-100 years ago and Idaho and Montana struggled to get home games during their relative scheduling alliance with the other Pac schools but my point is they had their chance to be in the club, recruiting scandal or not.

RE: Scheduling alliance for the independent schools - HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine - 03-26-2016 06:36 AM

(03-26-2016 01:16 AM)LatahCounty Wrote:  
(03-25-2016 11:27 PM)HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Wrote:  

HEY! We have history! I'll accept pathetic, and I'll accept outcast, but Idaho football has a long tradition of existence to its members and to the community at large.

A history of losing. Name an Idaho player, that the nation knew and history will remember. The community must really support the Vandals, explains the big, iconic stadium.