CSNbbs
Renderings:The new football building at Miami will be sleek and modern - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Renderings:The new football building at Miami will be sleek and modern (/thread-774322.html)

Renderings:The new football building at Miami will be sleek and modern - SylvaniaRocket - 03-15-2016 04:05 PM

http://footballscoop.com/news/renderings-the-new-football-building-at-miami-oh-will-be-sleek-and-modern/

RE: Renderings:The new football building at Miami will be sleek and modern - inductchuck16 - 03-15-2016 05:48 PM

Wow, I'm jealous. I really wish they would have made the Larimer Building renovation much bigger. This one Miami is about to build dwarfs ours.

RE: Renderings:The new football building at Miami will be sleek and modern - eastisbest - 03-15-2016 07:13 PM

No one apparently was listening to us. We had great ideas on the board. Do it when the money is available to do it something special or don't do it. For every Savage and Field House I guess there's a karmic requirement for a Snyder and a Larimer.

RE: Renderings:The new football building at Miami will be sleek and modern - indianasniff - 03-15-2016 07:19 PM

Miami has a beautiful campus. Football team sucks. Not sure this will help. Not sure this is really that much better than Larimer

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

RE: Renderings:The new football building at Miami will be sleek and modern - FMRocket - 03-15-2016 08:30 PM

(03-15-2016 07:19 PM)indianasniff Wrote:  Miami has a beautiful campus. Football team sucks. Not sure this will help. Not sure this is really that much better than Larimer

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

It has a classier look than the Larimer. Also I think their IPF is larger and nicer than ours . Don't know if that will equate to a winning program for Miami.

RE: Renderings:The new football building at Miami will be sleek and modern - Boca Rocket - 03-15-2016 11:00 PM

A resurgence in UCinn FB has hurt Miami U's program.
Doubt very much the new FB building will impact the revenue side of
things for the Red Hawks.

RE: Renderings:The new football building at Miami will be sleek and modern - Toledo Football 1st - 03-16-2016 12:28 AM

And by sleek and modern they mean stodgy and traditional. Can I stop in there before the game and make a payment on my life insurance policy?

What's with all the columns? Are they hoping to give their opponent's FG kickers vertigo?

And what's with that 2nd story deck? Is that the Bridge of Sighs?

RE: Renderings:The new football building at Miami will be sleek and modern - Springboromark - 03-16-2016 04:59 AM

Under Martin, Miami will win again. But will those damn fans start showing up in numbers again?

RE: Renderings:The new football building at Miami will be sleek and modern - RangerRocket - 03-16-2016 06:39 AM

(03-16-2016 12:28 AM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  And by sleek and modern they mean stodgy and traditional. Can I stop in there before the game and make a payment on my life insurance policy?

What's with all the columns? Are they hoping to give their opponent's FG kickers vertigo?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridge_of_Sighs

RE: Renderings:The new football building at Miami will be sleek and modern - H2Oville Rocket - 03-16-2016 06:45 AM

Anyone recall the original drawings for a Centennial? Really nice. Final product? A warehouse with a basketball court. Or for that matter our IPF, which was to include an indoor track, a feature dropped after I ponied up enough cash to paint almost an entire lane marker based on the promise of the track being built. Final product: a couple sprint lanes they tried to tell me was a track, just not the one they planned. We'll see how Miami's turns out.

Renderings:The new football building at Miami will be sleek and modern - indianasniff - 03-16-2016 09:55 AM

(03-16-2016 06:39 AM)RangerRocket Wrote:  
(03-16-2016 12:28 AM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  And by sleek and modern they mean stodgy and traditional. Can I stop in there before the game and make a payment on my life insurance policy?

WTG ranger. I was just going to go there. I had a King Biscuit Flower Hour recording of Trower that I played all the time back in the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Renderings:The new football building at Miami will be sleek and modern - FrickerRon - 03-16-2016 10:12 AM

If you haven't toured the Larimer Center do. The University did a great job, when it built that facility. Championships are won on the football field not in a building. Miami still has a very bad football team.

RE: Renderings:The new football building at Miami will be sleek and modern - Toledo Football 1st - 03-16-2016 07:49 PM

(03-16-2016 06:39 AM)RangerRocket Wrote:  

Thanks for that. I've actually walked across it and couldn't help but think of the song. Venice is amazing to visit. Fortunately we happened to be there when it was not flooded.