CSNbbs
OT: Be Careful With What You Wish For Universities - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: OT: Be Careful With What You Wish For Universities (/thread-774199.html)

OT: Be Careful With What You Wish For Universities - sfink16 - 03-14-2016 06:44 PM

University of Missouri to suffer with enrollment this fall dues to many controversies and competition from other universities such as Alabama and Illinois.

The university enrolled 6,191 freshmen in the fall, and the campus plans for at least 900 fewer first-time students for the fall. Total campus enrollment is expected to drop by as much as 1,500.

Other factors including moving to SEC is not perhaps the best move. The football strong arming the president to resign may have backfired as well.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/education/turmoil_at_mu/university-of-missouri-enrollment-and-budget-picture-grim-for-fall/article_b1641e8c-d285-5118-9d0d-347ca50a413b.html

RE: OT: Be Careful With What You Wish For Universities - UofMstateU - 03-14-2016 07:05 PM

The school is a cluster and a joke. They didnt fire the carrot top impersonator professor who was violating the rights of students until the alumni withheld millions of dollars.

And they found out where they were in the pecking order for football coaches. They should be thankful they had an alumni coach on staff already who would take it over, cause they whiffed on everyone else.

Re: RE: OT: Be Careful With What You Wish For Universities - shere khan - 03-14-2016 10:00 PM

(03-14-2016 06:44 PM)sfink16 Wrote:  University of Missouri to suffer with enrollment this fall dues to many controversies and competition from other universities such as Alabama and Illinois.

The university enrolled 6,191 freshmen in the fall, and the campus plans for at least 900 fewer first-time students for the fall. Total campus enrollment is expected to drop by as much as 1,500.

Other factors including moving to SEC is not perhaps the best move. The football strong arming the president to resign may have backfired as well.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/education/turmoil_at_mu/university-of-missouri-enrollment-and-budget-picture-grim-for-fall/article_b1641e8c-d285-5118-9d0d-347ca50a413b.html

Haha blaming it on the SEC is like blaming the deck chairs for the titanic sinking. Asinine at best

RE: OT: Be Careful With What You Wish For Universities - Bathtub Gin - 03-14-2016 10:28 PM

The SEC enhanced their athletics overall

RE: OT: Be Careful With What You Wish For Universities - TOPPERSonTOP - 03-15-2016 12:26 AM

The SEC had little to nothing to do with this. It was the massive mishandling of sociopolitical issues, and a sweeping rush to judgment from the media.

RE: OT: Be Careful With What You Wish For Universities - TUBballJunkie - 03-15-2016 07:38 AM

There isn't anything in that article that even implies moving to the SEC is a factor.

RE: OT: Be Careful With What You Wish For Universities - upstater1 - 03-15-2016 07:50 AM

(03-14-2016 07:05 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  The school is a cluster and a joke. They didnt fire the carrot top impersonator professor who was violating the rights of students until the alumni withheld millions of dollars.

And they found out where they were in the pecking order for football coaches. They should be thankful they had an alumni coach on staff already who would take it over, cause they whiffed on everyone else.

Firing that professor is going to hurt them bigtime.

I read they were sanctioned for it by national organizations because they didn't go through proper procedures. She may or may not have been fired in the end, but firing someone through extraordinary measures due to political and ideological pressure has resulted in sanctions from national bodies. That hits them in reputation when it comes to the rankings. Watch out.

RE: OT: Be Careful With What You Wish For Universities - sfink16 - 03-15-2016 08:05 AM

(03-15-2016 12:26 AM)TOPPERSonTOP Wrote:  The SEC had little to nothing to do with this. It was the massive mishandling of sociopolitical issues, and a sweeping rush to judgment from the media.

There was another article with a quote that mentioned the move to the SEC. I lost/can't find that article and therefore didn't include it in the post.

I'm not sure agree with your assessment of the rush of judgement however. It depends on your point of view. I've seen judgement rushing, and this was anything but that. Calling for "muscle" to remove a "student journalist" is an example of that and against the law. Trying to silence the media is huge.

I'm not sending my kid to a school that looks the other way of law breakers. I'm not sending my kid to a school whose environment that does not provide the safest place to learn.

Re: RE: OT: Be Careful With What You Wish For Universities - shere khan - 03-15-2016 09:40 AM

(03-15-2016 07:50 AM)upstater1 Wrote:  
(03-14-2016 07:05 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  The school is a cluster and a joke. They didnt fire the carrot top impersonator professor who was violating the rights of students until the alumni withheld millions of dollars.

Firing that professor is going to hurt them bigtime.

I read they were sanctioned for it by national organizations because they didn't go through proper procedures. She may or may not have been fired in the end, but firing someone through extraordinary measures due to political and ideological pressure has resulted in sanctions from national bodies. That hits them in reputation when it comes to the rankings. Watch out.

Allowing idiots to run roughshod is what is hurting mizzou. Nothing else. It will get worse if they dont get the message.