CSNbbs
Southern Miss slamed by SportingNews - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+----- Forum: CUSA Smack Talk (/forum-450.html)
+----- Thread: Southern Miss slamed by SportingNews (/thread-77411.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- MaroonDawg - 06-25-2005 04:53 PM

For the past decade, programs such as Southern Mississippi, Tulane and Houston clung to major status by keeping company with Louisville, Cincinnati and Marquette, the way an overextended businessman might keep up appearances by hanging on to his country club membership.

<a href='http://mstatefans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=101' target='_blank'>Link</a>

- msudawg57 - 06-25-2005 05:36 PM

:rofl: :own3d:

- The Knight Time - 06-25-2005 07:47 PM

Nugget's Ghost Wrote:[Image: 35156.jpeg]
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Maine celebrates its victory over Mississippi State at midfield
</span>
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:roflup: :roflup: :roflup: :roflup: :roflup: :roflup: :roflup: :roflup: :roflup: :roflup: :roflup:
:own3d: :own3d: :own3d: :own3d: :own3d: :own3d: :own3d: :own3d: :own3d: :own3d:
I'd rather go 0-11 than lost to Maine.

- hbriteup - 06-25-2005 08:47 PM

MaroonDawg Wrote:For the past decade, programs such as Southern Mississippi, Tulane and Houston clung to major status by keeping company with Louisville, Cincinnati and Marquette, the way an overextended businessman might keep up appearances by hanging on to his country club membership.

<a href='http://mstatefans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=101' target='_blank'>Link</a>
I would agree that we have been subpar in basketball,which the article was talking about,but FOOTBALL, come on.did not know marquette had a team......We also have won 12 out of the last 16 against the Puppy's :own3d: :own3d: :own3d: :own3d:

Go back and play in the :john: bowl with old piss. :rofl: :rofl: 04-cheers GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- msudawg57 - 06-25-2005 09:09 PM

hbriteup Wrote:
MaroonDawg Wrote:For the past decade, programs such as Southern Mississippi, Tulane and Houston clung to major status by keeping company with Louisville, Cincinnati and Marquette, the way an overextended businessman might keep up appearances by hanging on to his country club membership.

I would agree that we have been subpar in basketball,which the article was talking about,but FOOTBALL, come on.did not know marquette had a team......We also have won 12 out of the last 16 against the Puppy's :own3d: :own3d: :own3d: :own3d:

Go back and play in the :john: bowl with old piss. :rofl: :rofl: 04-cheers GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go play against an actual top 10 game. Hell, even a damn ranked team. State could get 8 wins against Tulane and Memphis

- Nugget's Ghost - 06-25-2005 09:25 PM

msudawg57 Wrote:
hbriteup Wrote:

Go play against an actual top 10 game. Hell, even a damn ranked team. State could get 8 wins against Tulane and Memphis
State could get 8 wins against Tulane and Memphis???? Yea right mutt.

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>2001... MisTake 3 wins 8 losses....Loses homecoming to mighty Troy State.

2002...MisTake 3 wins 9 losses

2003...MisTake 2 wins 10 losses....Loses to Tulane and Houston of CUSA

2004...MisTake 3 wins 8 losses...Loses to powerhouse Maine at home and loses to UAB of CUSA.

Yes sir, that is a damn fine football program you got there mutt. Just scares the helll out of your opponents.
No wonder you flea bit has beens hide and cower at the thought of playing USM.</span>

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :own3d:

- hbriteup - 06-25-2005 09:34 PM

Don't forget LA. Monroe in 1995 and LA. Tech in 1996

[Image: 51do.jpg]

[Image: 115ys.jpg]

and LOOK at all the trophy's we have 04-bow 04-bow 04-cheers 04-cheers :own3d: :own3d:

- MaroonDawg - 06-25-2005 10:39 PM

Trophy's from CUSA. :snore:

The Buzzards would not win a game in the SEC.

- Nugget's Ghost - 06-25-2005 10:57 PM

MaroonDawg Wrote:Trophy's from CUSA. :snore:

Problem is the MisTake mutts can't win a game in Maine's league.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :own3d:

- Observer - 06-26-2005 08:55 AM

There's a reason why MSU, Ole Miss and LSU won't play USM. Check the record and you will learn the answer. I believe it would be closer to the truth that MSU would not fair any better in CUSA than they do in the SEC.

- msudawg57 - 06-27-2005 08:46 AM

Observer Wrote:
MaroonDawg Wrote:Trophy's from CUSA.&nbsp; :snore:

There's a reason why MSU, Ole Miss and LSU won't play USM. Check the record and you will learn the answer. I believe it would be closer to the truth that MSU would not fair any better in CUSA than they do in the SEC.
We beat Memphis in our worse years in the 2000's. We didn't play them last year but Memphis was still in their"glory" years. Ya'll couldn't even beat them last year. You Mustard Buzzerd fans wanna talk Basketball or Baseball. HaHa I think not. MSU wasn't the only team to lose to MAine in the past year.

- Eaglebutt - 06-27-2005 10:22 AM

We beat you again... 15 forfeits in a row... :python:
:kneel:

- Sophandros - 06-27-2005 11:07 AM

Your dogs have fewer SEC championships than Tulane...

And we left thirty years ago.

- ExtremePanic - 06-27-2005 11:44 AM

msudawg57 Wrote:
Observer Wrote:
MaroonDawg Wrote:Trophy's from CUSA.  :snore:

We beat Memphis in our worse years in the 2000's. We didn't play them last year but Memphis was still in their"glory" years. Ya'll couldn't even beat them last year. You Mustard Buzzerd fans wanna talk Basketball or Baseball. HaHa I think not. MSU wasn't the only team to lose to MAine in the past year.
Too bad that Maine has been to the postseason in baseball more than State has. Your arguments never do any good. At least you didn't use the usual, "We might not ever win a game but we are in the SEC and have more fans" which is the high school equivalent of saying I would rather be 0-11 in 5A than win a 4A State Championship.

- Rebel - 06-27-2005 12:06 PM

The Knight Time Wrote:I'd rather go 0-11 than lost to Maine.
I'd rather cut off my left nut with a rusty butter knife than lose to, of all people, BUFFALO.

Reminder:

9-4-04 at Wisconsin LOST 6-34
9-11-04 WEST VIRGINIA LOST 20-45
9-18-04 at Penn State LOST 13-37
10-2-04 at Buffalo LOST 20-48
10-9-04 NORTHERN ILLINOIS LOST 28-30
10-16-04 AKRON LOST 21-26
10-23-04 at Miami OH LOST 7-43
10-30-04 at Marshall LOST 3-20
11-6-04 OHIO LOST 16-17 (OT)
11-13-04 at Ball State LOST 17-21
11-23-04 KENT STATE (Tue.) LOST 24-41

- southernmiss4ever - 06-27-2005 12:07 PM

msudawg57 Wrote:
Observer Wrote:
MaroonDawg Wrote:Trophy's from CUSA.&nbsp; :snore:

What does MSU have to brag about in basketball in the last few years? I haven't seen them in the final 4. Even the Elite 8. Sweet 16 anyone?

- Rebel - 06-27-2005 12:08 PM

Eaglebutt Wrote:We beat you again... 15 forfeits in a row... :python:
:kneel:
Using that logic, Miami has forfeited to us since 1951. Wait, just what the hell IS your logic? :rolleyes:

- southernmiss4ever - 06-27-2005 12:12 PM

msudawg57 Wrote:
hbriteup Wrote:

Your telling us to play a Top 10 team? Sh!t, how many has MSU played in the last 5 years and came close to beating? The sad thing is, MSU and OM fans expect US to play top 10 teams and make fun of us when we lose to them, yet they play the same teams, (most are in their SAME conference, which equals same money, everything) and they still get beat by them, but yet they won't tell you that. That's what is sad.

Oh yeah, when it comes to football, I don't think you will see USM get slammed, I think it would be more like this:

<a href='http://www.wvgazette.com/section/Sports/2005062622' target='_blank'>Looks like more respect for USM</a>

- Eaglebutt - 06-27-2005 01:21 PM

RebelKev Wrote:.. 15 forfeits in a row...&nbsp; :python:&nbsp;

Using that logic, Miami has forfeited to us since 1951. Wait, just what the hell IS your logic?&nbsp; :rolleyes:
Sorry, didn't know you were there... I meant 21 forfeits in a row!!!
:howsad: :crying:

PS: Everyone else knows what I mean... go back to your plantation and beat a slave or something.

- Rebel - 06-27-2005 01:27 PM

Eaglebutt Wrote:
RebelKev Wrote:.. 15 forfeits in a row...&nbsp; :python:&nbsp;

Using that logic, Miami has forfeited to us since 1951. Wait, just what the hell IS your logic?&nbsp; :rolleyes:
Sorry, didn't know you were there... I meant 21 forfeits in a row!!!
:howsad: :crying:

PS: Everyone else knows what I mean... go back to your plantation and beat a slave or something.
Hmm, I must be still under the impression that USM is also, in fact, in Mississippi. :rolleyes: