CSNbbs
Latest on Daniel Brown - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: Latest on Daniel Brown (/thread-773400.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Latest on Daniel Brown - Smokey 1 - 03-09-2016 11:21 AM

Quote:The Ravens also made offers to their extended-rights free agents, a group that includes running back Terrance West (Northwestern High, Towson University), wide receiver Daniel Brown and corner back Sheldon Price.

This was in todays print edition of the Capital (Annapolis).

Also a good article from a Ravens site about him from January 30, 2016.

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2016/1/30/10755310/free-agents-declassified-daniel-brown-is-deserving-of-a-ravens-roster

RE: Latest on Daniel Brown - Bawlmer Duke - 03-09-2016 02:06 PM

Still dating that JMU hottie?

RE: Latest on Daniel Brown - NJDuke97 - 07-02-2016 11:56 AM

Word is Brown has added 30 pounds of muscle in the off season so that he can compete as a TE/Slot Receiver on the Ravens this season.

RE: Latest on Daniel Brown - Dukes2Space - 07-02-2016 01:52 PM

Adding 30lbs of muscle in one offseason on a frame of a guy who is already very muscular is impossible. There isn't a drug or lifting regimen that can do that.

Latest on Daniel Brown - JMU85 - 07-02-2016 09:06 PM

(07-02-2016 01:52 PM)Dukes2Space Wrote:  Adding 30lbs of muscle in one offseason on a frame of a guy who is already very muscular is impossible. There isn't a drug or lifting regimen that can do that.

Agreed. He may had put on 30lbs. but impossible to put on 30lbs. of muscle naturally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Latest on Daniel Brown - NJDuke97 - 07-03-2016 06:59 AM

I don't disagree but here's the article.

http://cover32.com/2016/07/01/daniel-brown-changing-positions/

I thought that Brown based on his prior size could be successful in the NFL causing some matchup problems. He proved that he can get down field not sure why they had to try to turn him into the Incredible Hulk.

RE: Latest on Daniel Brown - Dadgum - 07-03-2016 10:05 AM

Anyone that thinks players in the NFL are bulking up "naturally" are just kidding themselves.

RE: Latest on Daniel Brown - Longhorn - 07-03-2016 12:50 PM

Looking at the Ravens current roster it's interesting that there are 6 or 7 former CAA players, including one from Hofstra when they played FB.

RE: Latest on Daniel Brown - Dukes2Space - 07-03-2016 01:27 PM

(07-03-2016 10:05 AM)Dadgum Wrote:  Anyone that thinks players in the NFL are bulking up "naturally" are just kidding themselves.

Nobody is gaining 30lbs of muscle naturally or unnaturally. It's not possible. If you gain 30lbs in that time span your body fat is going up a lot. I think that guy is a hack. Just look at him. He looks like a clown.

RE: Latest on Daniel Brown - Longhorn - 07-03-2016 02:17 PM

(07-03-2016 01:27 PM)Dukes2Space Wrote:  
(07-03-2016 10:05 AM)Dadgum Wrote:  Anyone that thinks players in the NFL are bulking up "naturally" are just kidding themselves.

Nobody is gaining 30lbs of muscle naturally or unnaturally. It's not possible. If you gain 30lbs in that time span your body fat is going up a lot. I think that guy is a hack. Just look at him. He looks like a clown.

So, let me understand this correctly; you're basing your opinion of the veracity of his claims based on his "looks'?

Admittedly, gaining "about 30 pounds" (the word "about" is important) in the off-season challenges credulity, but you're the same guy who thinks UD's FB stadium is good to go.

Me, I just hope Daniel makes the team, and gets to play often.

RE: Latest on Daniel Brown - Dukes2Space - 07-03-2016 03:00 PM

(07-03-2016 02:17 PM)Longhorn Wrote:  

So, let me understand this correctly; you're basing your opinion of the veracity of his claims based on his "looks'?

Admittedly, gaining "about 30 pounds" (the word "about" is important) in the off-season challenges credulity, but you're the same guy who thinks UD's FB stadium is good to go.

The whole article is a hack. I'm just calling BS. It's physically impossible. We're talking a couple months. There's hardly any offseason in the NFL.

And UD's football stadium is fine and I qualified that for where they are now. It'd be fine for the MAC or CUSA of SBC also. Have you actually been there or are you just drooling to crap on UD?

RE: Latest on Daniel Brown - jmutoml757 - 07-03-2016 05:22 PM

Saw DB last week at a funeral of all places. He said he has added 25 lbs, and it shows in the chest, shoulders, neck. Claims his speed has not been impacted but that the weight impacts stamina , which makes sense. I got an education on the life and schedule of someone in his situation. Like everyone else, He shows up for work every day. Except his office is Ravens facility.

RE: Latest on Daniel Brown - Longhorn - 07-03-2016 05:45 PM

(07-03-2016 03:00 PM)Dukes2Space Wrote:  
(07-03-2016 02:17 PM)Longhorn Wrote:  

The whole article is a hack. I'm just calling BS. It's physically impossible. We're talking a couple months. There's hardly any offseason in the NFL.

And UD's football stadium is fine and I qualified that for where they are now. It'd be fine for the MAC or CUSA of SBC also. Have you actually been there or are you just drooling to crap on UD?

When did the Ravens season end? I think it's been a little more than two months...more like 7 or 8...which (depending on when DB started his regimen) makes the gain of "about" 4 lbs. of muscle a month...or 1 lb. a week on average...a possibility. Unusual I'll agree, but if you're motivated, who knows? Again, I just hope he makes the team and plays often.

And I've been in UD's "stadium" many times over the last 2+ decades. Nothing has changed...except it's older and more out of date than ever.

RE: Latest on Daniel Brown - Dukes2Space - 07-03-2016 06:32 PM

UD's end zone stadium has been completely replaced, but the reason not much has changed is because there was no reason to. Why would you tear down and replace a perfectly fine stadium? JMU had to do it because what we had couldn't accommodate demand and we had a track and basically had a 1980s stadium. There's no point in UD doing anything to their stadium right now.

RE: Latest on Daniel Brown - JMUNation - 07-03-2016 11:27 PM

I sit on the visitor said at games there. It is a long steep walk up those stairs for an older person. The steep steps could be a contributing factor to why attendance is declining.

RE: Latest on Daniel Brown - Longhorn - 07-04-2016 12:04 AM

(07-03-2016 11:27 PM)JMUNation Wrote:  I sit on the visitor said at games there. It is a long steep walk up those stairs for an older person. The steep steps could be a contributing factor to why attendance is declining.

Just one of many aspects of the stadium being non-ADA compliant.

RE: Latest on Daniel Brown - JMUNation - 07-04-2016 06:32 AM

When I first visited the stadium in 1991 or 1992, I thought it was 1A caliber. It does have good site lines and a big program feel to it. With the modern day amenities available at new stadiums, it has lost its charm. No way to bring it up to code without taking it down and starting new.

RE: Latest on Daniel Brown - JMUTEKE - 07-04-2016 08:08 AM

Are you guys sure the last 4 posts belong on the Daniel Brown thread ??? Delete 'em, and put them on the GoHens thread ...

RE: Latest on Daniel Brown - 2Buck - 07-04-2016 10:28 AM

(07-03-2016 05:22 PM)jmutoml757 Wrote:  Saw DB last week at a funeral of all places. He said he has added 25 lbs, and it shows in the chest, shoulders, neck. Claims his speed has not been impacted but that the weight impacts stamina , which makes sense. I got an education on the life and schedule of someone in his situation. Like everyone else, He shows up for work every day. Except his office is Ravens facility.

Some are taking the whole "all muscle" thing a bit too far. If Daniel was keeping his mass down in order to keep his speed, and he was genetically predisposed, he could absolutely gain 25-30 pounds of mostly muscle. I think what they mean by "all muscle" that is he relatively maintained his muscle/fat composition. So if he was at 8% body fat, he put on the weight and kept a similar body fat percentage vs gaining 30 pounds and being at 14% body fat or whatever.

Makes total sense that as a receiver he would be focusing on lean fast-twitch muscle vs beefing up with high weight/low reps. I pointed out last year that he'd make a great receiving tight-end due to his frame, work ethic, hands, and blocking potential. I think he'd be much more successful trying to be a Gary Barnidge than a Calvin Johnson. I'd love to see him, Dean, and Mr. Moats just wreak havoc on the league.

RE: Latest on Daniel Brown - DBJMU2006 - 08-12-2016 08:21 AM

2 receptions for 9 yards in the first preseason game. Not sure if he lined up at WR or TE.