CSNbbs
Which Men's Tourney Seed #7 - #13 has the best chance to go the furthest? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Which Men's Tourney Seed #7 - #13 has the best chance to go the furthest? (/thread-773088.html)

Pages: 1 2

Which Men's Tourney Seed #7 - #13 has the best chance to go the furthest? - MU ATO - 03-07-2016 09:54 AM

#13 UTSA vs #12 FAU
They will face #5 ODU then #4 LT, then #1UAB or #8 WKU, or #9 North Tex

#11 FIU vs #6 UTEP
FIU will face #3 Marshall then #2 MTSU, or #7 Charlotte, or #10 Rice

#10 Rice vs #7 Charlotte
They would face #2 MTSU then #3 Marshall, or #6 UTEP, or #11 FIU

#9 North Texas vs #8 WKU
They would face #1 UAB then #4 LT, or #5 ODU, or #12 FAU, or #13 UTSA

Obviously UTSA & FAU have the toughest road due to the extra game. My pick would be #7 Charlotte possibly making it all the way to the Final game. POSSIBLY but unlikely. I think Marshall will beat them in the semis do I'm predicting #7 Charlotte to semifinals.

RE: Which Men's Tourney Seed #7 - #13 has the best chance to go the furthest? - JCMiner - 03-07-2016 10:04 AM

First you have to beat us to make the semis. 04-cheers

I'm not overlooking FIU either.

RE: Which Men's Tourney Seed #7 - #13 has the best chance to go the furthest? - BeliefBlazer - 03-07-2016 10:07 AM

Added a poll for you.

RE: Which Men's Tourney Seed #7 - #13 has the best chance to go the furthest? - MonarchManiac - 03-07-2016 10:08 AM

I like rice or charlotte.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RE: Which Men's Tourney Seed #7 - #13 has the best chance to go the furthest? - galojah - 03-07-2016 10:09 AM

WKU is arguably playing as good as anyone. I honestly wish we had gotten the 11-seed. Our path is a tough road.

RE: Which Men's Tourney Seed #7 - #13 has the best chance to go the furthest? - Surbadger - 03-07-2016 11:38 AM

WKU is playing some high caliber basketball right now beating LA Tech to secure their spot. Beating UAB will be tough but stranger things have happened.

Which Men's Tourney Seed #7 - #13 has the best chance to go the furthest? - owl at the moon - 03-07-2016 03:24 PM

(03-07-2016 10:08 AM)MonarchManiac Wrote:  I like rice or charlotte.

Agree. Both teams have been able to play at a high level at times this year.

Teams like Rice and Marshall skidded somewhat over the last few games, can they "flip the switch" and find peak form again?

RE: Which Men's Tourney Seed #7 - #13 has the best chance to go the furthest? - Tintin - 03-07-2016 03:30 PM

I edge Charlotte due to the two double digit wins.
I think we all think that Middle might be vulnerable.

RE: Which Men's Tourney Seed #7 - #13 has the best chance to go the furthest? - MUther - 03-07-2016 04:19 PM

(03-07-2016 03:24 PM)owl at the moon Wrote:  

Agree. Both teams have been able to play at a high level at times this year.

Teams like Rice and Marshall skidded somewhat over the last few games, can they "flip the switch" and find peak form again?

I wouldn't say we skidded as much as played the other top 4 teams all in a row. UAB, Middle, and Tech back to back to back with two on the road. We were in all of those games but Middle and we got them at our place. I'd still say the top is wide open.

Which Men's Tourney Seed #7 - #13 has the best chance to go the furthest? - owl at the moon - 03-07-2016 09:07 PM

(03-07-2016 03:30 PM)Tintin Wrote:  

I edge Charlotte due to the two double digit wins.
I think we all think that Middle might be vulnerable.

Agree with this too.
Will Charlotte stay disciplined enough to take Rice seriously after the two convincing regular season wins? Probably.
But if not, expect the pendulum to swing big the other way for Rice. The last thing I expect is a close game...

RE: Which Men's Tourney Seed #7 - #13 has the best chance to go the furthest? - 9erken - 03-07-2016 10:11 PM

I expect the Niners to beat Rice, we seem to match up well against them and it will be first game in the tournament, so everyone's rested. We'll see, Rice is capable of playing well enough to beat Charlotte, and Charlotte is certainly capable of playing bad enough to lose either way. The problem for Charlotte is a complete lack of depth, so we have to play our pg and only post player with size (and hobbled knees) big minutes. That's ok for one game, but making a multi-game run will probably be tougher. I imagine MTSU will try to take advantage of tired legs.

I think WKU is a little more likely to make a run, though I don't expect them to due in part to their seeding.

RE: Which Men's Tourney Seed #7 - #13 has the best chance to go the furthest? - itsbraille49 - 03-07-2016 10:54 PM

(03-07-2016 10:11 PM)9erken Wrote:  I expect the Niners to beat Rice, we seem to match up well against them and it will be first game in the tournament, so everyone's rested. We'll see, Rice is capable of playing well enough to beat Charlotte, and Charlotte is certainly capable of playing bad enough to lose either way. The problem for Charlotte is a complete lack of depth, so we have to play our pg and only post player with size (and hobbled knees) big minutes. That's ok for one game, but making a multi-game run will probably be tougher. I imagine MTSU will try to take advantage of tired legs.

I think WKU is a little more likely to make a run, though I don't expect them to due in part to their seeding.

Luckily for us MT is one of the slowest tempo'd teams in the conference. We also played them close in Charlotte without a key rotation player (Vanhook), and if they have Potts (went an ungodly 7/8 from 3 in Halton) he'll be coming off a concussion

RE: Which Men's Tourney Seed #7 - #13 has the best chance to go the furthest? - 9erken - 03-07-2016 11:45 PM

(03-07-2016 10:54 PM)itsbraille49 Wrote:  
(03-07-2016 10:11 PM)9erken Wrote:  I expect the Niners to beat Rice, we seem to match up well against them and it will be first game in the tournament, so everyone's rested. We'll see, Rice is capable of playing well enough to beat Charlotte, and Charlotte is certainly capable of playing bad enough to lose either way. The problem for Charlotte is a complete lack of depth, so we have to play our pg and only post player with size (and hobbled knees) big minutes. That's ok for one game, but making a multi-game run will probably be tougher. I imagine MTSU will try to take advantage of tired legs.

Luckily for us MT is one of the slowest tempo'd teams in the conference. We also played them close in Charlotte without a key rotation player (Vanhook), and if they have Potts (went an ungodly 7/8 from 3 in Halton) he'll be coming off a concussion
All good points. Ok, maybe the Niners can pull off an upset here given MTSU's difficulties with personnel. I don't like our history against them, but I think Price and co. can come up with a game plan to give us a good chance. Vanhook has been key for us lately, adding him is a big deal.

I just wish the Niners went more than 6 or 7 players deep. Tournament runs are tough with so few viable bench players.

RE: Which Men's Tourney Seed #7 - #13 has the best chance to go the furthest? - BlazintheATL - 03-07-2016 11:54 PM

I'd have to say WKU. They have a tough road but they are playing their best of the season right now. They've also beaten 3 of the top 4 seeds and played Marshall close. If they beat UAB Thurs I like their chances of going to the finals.

RE: Which Men's Tourney Seed #7 - #13 has the best chance to go the furthest? - MU ATO - 03-08-2016 08:35 PM

Whomever added the poll.. THANKS! I had meant to make it a poll but realized I forgot. 04-cheers

RE: Which Men's Tourney Seed #7 - #13 has the best chance to go the furthest? - MU ATO - 03-08-2016 08:36 PM

(03-07-2016 10:07 AM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  Added a poll for you.

Boom! THANKS!!!

RE: Which Men's Tourney Seed #7 - #13 has the best chance to go the furthest? - Smaug - 03-08-2016 08:51 PM

I hope like hell they don't get far, but WKU strikes me as the best team, which, I understand wasn't the question.

RE: Which Men's Tourney Seed #7 - #13 has the best chance to go the furthest? - CincyDave - 03-09-2016 07:23 AM

Somebody voted for UTSA. Oops.

RE: Which Men's Tourney Seed #7 - #13 has the best chance to go the furthest? - Greenroom - 03-09-2016 10:29 AM

(03-09-2016 07:23 AM)CincyDave Wrote:  Somebody voted for UTSA. Oops.

That should be a banning offense. Until UTSA gets serious about their BBall Programs they will be a joke in CUSA. They still act like they are in the Southland on how they run the program. IMO

RE: Which Men's Tourney Seed #7 - #13 has the best chance to go the furthest? - BlazerGold09 - 03-09-2016 10:42 AM

I voted Charlotte because Mark Price knows witchcraft.