CSNbbs
Ohio's Polytechnic University - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - East Team Talk (/forum-463.html)
+----- Forum: Kent State (/forum-474.html)
+----- Thread: Ohio's Polytechnic University (/thread-772753.html)

Ohio's Polytechnic University - Lambert58 - 03-04-2016 06:38 PM

I have a LOT of friends that are grads and fans of Ohio's Polytechnic University and they HATE their new identity. I'd like to formally request that we no longer use "Akron" on this board just to irritate them, several of whom venture over here to spy on what we are talking about. If Ohio's Polytechnic University is too wordy, I'm perfectly ok with oPU. Zits is also acceptable and there's certainly nothing wrong with the oPU Zits either. Without baseball or wrestling, what's the point of them even being in the MAC? They should go back to the Ohio Vally Conference!

Screw the Roo!

RE: Ohio's Polytechnic University - Lambert58 - 03-04-2016 06:39 PM

PU is acceptable as well.

RE: Ohio's Polytechnic University - Sultan of Euphonistan - 03-07-2016 01:52 AM

The Polyps perhaps?

RE: Ohio's Polytechnic University - bball4me - 03-07-2016 07:40 AM

04-rock

RE: Ohio's Polytechnic University - Slinkin Street Flash - 03-07-2016 10:42 AM

I think they should follow the example of that other school -

THE Ohio Polytechnical University.

RE: Ohio's Polytechnic University - JimJoyce - 03-07-2016 12:10 PM

I don't care what we call them so long as it's not "2016 MAC Tournament Champions."

RE: Ohio's Polytechnic University - GoFlashes7 - 06-10-2016 08:48 PM

Saw this old post and couldn't help myself, "University of Akron", "Akron U (what I knew it as growing up in the area), and "Ohio's Polytechnic University"....Getting rid of the Akron U Baseball team was definitely worth it. Should be interesting to see what happens the next few years, with enrollment down and lots of debt coming due.

RE: Ohio's Polytechnic University - ksujobber - 06-11-2016 08:01 AM

#opitilidie

RE: Ohio's Polytechnic University - joepa66 - 06-11-2016 01:18 PM

Does this mean that current Opie students are opiates and a graduate is an opium?

RE: Ohio's Polytechnic University - Lambert58 - 06-21-2016 02:32 PM

I was glad to see the Cavs win but I fear that THE oPU will attempt to associate itself even more with LeBron now. I understand that Travis and Joyce played there, and James is friends with Dambrot, but even with the scholarships it seems like a stretch. When I see their dance team with "23" on their shirts, I can't help but roll my eyes.

RE: Ohio's Polytechnic University - bopol - 06-21-2016 08:31 PM

(06-21-2016 02:32 PM)Lambert58 Wrote:  I was glad to see the Cavs win but I fear that THE oPU will attempt to associate itself even more with LeBron now. I understand that Travis and Joyce played there, and James is friends with Dambrot, but even with the scholarships it seems like a stretch. When I see their dance team with "23" on their shirts, I can't help but roll my eyes.

I don't wish ill on the University of Akron, but it's pretty bad that the best thing they've got going for it is the guy who almost went there.

RE: Ohio's Polytechnic University - ilovegymnast - 06-21-2016 11:51 PM

I don't think he ever even considered going there. If I remember right he said that if he had to go to college it would've been Ohio State.