CSNbbs
OT: Sun Belt kicks out Idaho & New Mexico State. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: OT: Sun Belt kicks out Idaho & New Mexico State. (/thread-772323.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

OT: Sun Belt kicks out Idaho & New Mexico State. - MU ATO - 03-01-2016 07:37 PM

AND STAY OUT!01-lauramac2

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/idaho-new-mexico-state-sun-belt-2017-football-season-030116

Sun Belt kicks out Idaho & New Mexico State. - Pony94 - 03-01-2016 07:45 PM

Must be fun kicking people while they are down

RE: Sun Belt kicks out Idaho & New Mexico State. - MU42 - 03-01-2016 07:47 PM

Can we take a vote on some of our bottomfeeders that bring nothing?

RE: Sun Belt kicks out Idaho & New Mexico State. - 49RFootballNow - 03-01-2016 07:48 PM

(03-01-2016 07:47 PM)MU42 Wrote:  Can we take a vote on some of our bottomfeeders that bring nothing?

Our bottom feeding posters on this board? I'm all for that!

RE: Sun Belt kicks out Idaho & New Mexico State. - MeanGreenFan123 - 03-01-2016 08:26 PM

(03-01-2016 07:47 PM)MU42 Wrote:  Can we take a vote on some of our bottomfeeders that bring nothing?

Like Marshall with academics?

RE: Sun Belt kicks out Idaho & New Mexico State. - winston70 - 03-01-2016 08:33 PM

I feel bad for both schools and we shared a conference with them in the WAC.

Sun Belt kicks out Idaho & New Mexico State. - TheOriginalBigApp - 03-01-2016 09:14 PM

They aren't being kicked out, their contracts aren't being renewed.

RE: Sun Belt kicks out Idaho & New Mexico State. - banker - 03-01-2016 09:17 PM

Just for fun we should invite two sunbelt schools so the remaining ones would have to crawl back to these schools and ask them to rejoin.

RE: Sun Belt kicks out Idaho & New Mexico State. - ODUMONARCHZ1 - 03-01-2016 09:18 PM

(03-01-2016 09:14 PM)TheOriginalBigApp Wrote:  They aren't being kicked out, their contracts aren't being renewed.

Just a more formal, polite, way of saying don't let the door hit you on the way out.. lol

RE: Sun Belt kicks out Idaho & New Mexico State. - Dracorex - 03-01-2016 09:33 PM

It geographically makes no sense for them to be in the SBC. that is all

RE: Sun Belt kicks out Idaho & New Mexico State. - MU42 - 03-01-2016 10:20 PM

(03-01-2016 08:26 PM)MeanGreenFan123 Wrote:  

Like Marshall with academics?

Do they have a C-USA quiz bowl championship? Do you have more Jeopardy participants than us?

All I know is that this conference is bad. We are now competing with the Sun Belt to stay off the bottom and it's because of most of the former Sun Belt and FCS schools.

RE: Sun Belt kicks out Idaho & New Mexico State. - GSU Eagles - 03-01-2016 10:37 PM

Pretty obvious why Banowsky suddenly resigned to take a lesser job. It now appears 10 schools is the ideal number based on payouts so he went waaaaaay overboard. Then he went after tv markets which yielded nothing in the contract negotiations. And lastly he let the SBC take the historically strong performing teams with solid fan support.

I don't think you can make that many major mistakes if you tried. With Idaho and NMSU no longer dragging the SBC down, the SBC will finish ahead of CUSA every year moving forward. Just a total disaster with so many unproven startups.

RE: Sun Belt kicks out Idaho & New Mexico State. - surlycanon - 03-01-2016 10:47 PM

(03-01-2016 10:37 PM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  Pretty obvious why Banowsky suddenly resigned to take a lesser job. It now appears 10 schools is the ideal number based on payouts so he went waaaaaay overboard. Then he went after tv markets which yielded nothing in the contract negotiations. And lastly he let the SBC take the historically strong performing teams with solid fan support.

I don't think you can make that many major mistakes if you tried. With Idaho and NMSU no longer dragging the SBC down, the SBC will finish ahead of CUSA every year moving forward. Just a total disaster with so many unproven startups.

If he hadn't gone way "overboard" as you put it... You'd still be slumming it in FCS there bud, so maybe you should crawl to wherever he is and kiss his feet. 05-stirthepot

RE: Sun Belt kicks out Idaho & New Mexico State. - BamaScorpio69 - 03-01-2016 10:58 PM

(03-01-2016 10:37 PM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  Pretty obvious why Banowsky suddenly resigned to take a lesser job. It now appears 10 schools is the ideal number based on payouts so he went waaaaaay overboard. Then he went after tv markets which yielded nothing in the contract negotiations. And lastly he let the SBC take the historically strong performing teams with solid fan support.

Then I say CUSA should just kill off the SBC by inviting 4 teams and freeing up that 12 mil the Sun Belt gets currently.

RE: Sun Belt kicks out Idaho & New Mexico State. - GSU Eagles - 03-01-2016 11:04 PM

(03-01-2016 10:58 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  

Then I say CUSA should just kill off the SBC by inviting 4 teams and freeing up that 12 mil the Sun Belt gets currently.

They would immediately give NMSU full membership and invite two fcs schools.

RE: Sun Belt kicks out Idaho & New Mexico State. - Dawgxas - 03-01-2016 11:48 PM

Cant get any worse than getting kick out of the Sunbelt. Do they go the Independet route or drop to FCS?

RE: Sun Belt kicks out Idaho & New Mexico State. - Dawgxas - 03-01-2016 11:57 PM

Ark State (the best team), App State, and Georgia State. The rest would fold or just go back to FCS.

RE: Sun Belt kicks out Idaho & New Mexico State. - MTPiKapp - 03-02-2016 12:26 AM

Just as a reminder, this is the second time NMSU and Idaho are going to be ex-Sun Belters and last time it was the conference that was put in a tough spot.

RE: Sun Belt kicks out Idaho & New Mexico State. - MTPiKapp - 03-02-2016 12:27 AM

(03-01-2016 11:57 PM)Dawgxas Wrote:  

Ark State (the best team), App State, and Georgia State. The rest would fold or just go back to FCS.

No thanks on Arkansas State.

RE: Sun Belt kicks out Idaho & New Mexico State. - Dawgxas - 03-02-2016 12:40 AM

(03-02-2016 12:27 AM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  
(03-01-2016 11:57 PM)Dawgxas Wrote:  

No thanks on Arkansas State.

I was joking