CSNbbs
If CUSA had to replace one or two schools who - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: If CUSA had to replace one or two schools who (/thread-771989.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

If CUSA had to replace one or two schools who - SMUfan - 02-27-2016 11:10 PM

If CUSA had to replace one or two schools who would you prefer as #1 and then #2?

RE: If CUSA had to replace one or two schools who - Thegoldstandard - 02-27-2016 11:13 PM

No one

RE: If CUSA had to replace one or two schools who - AdoptedMonarch - 02-27-2016 11:24 PM

I'd invite back Tulane -- just so we can kick them back out again.

RE: If CUSA had to replace one or two schools who - MTPiKapp - 02-28-2016 12:59 AM

SMU and anyone other than JSU.

RE: If CUSA had to replace one or two schools who - Dracorex - 02-28-2016 01:01 AM

drop to 12

RE: If CUSA had to replace one or two schools who - banker - 02-28-2016 01:38 AM

I would be for 12. I don't know anyone we could realistically add that would bring value.

RE: If CUSA had to replace one or two schools who - BlazintheATL - 02-28-2016 01:53 AM

Id be for dropping 2. I also agree there's no one we could add that would bring a lot of value.

RE: If CUSA had to replace one or two schools who - stinkfist - 02-28-2016 05:17 AM

an easy ditto to all the above....I'd rather gouge my eyes out....

RE: If CUSA had to replace one or two schools who - BRtransplant - 02-28-2016 05:22 AM

1) Georgia Southern
2) Ark St

Would give CUSA a presence in those two states, plus it would severely weaken the SBC.

If CUSA had to replace one or two schools who - owl at the moon - 02-28-2016 07:16 AM

1) Georgia
2) Arkansas

Would give CUSA a presence in those two states, plus it would severely weaken the SEC.

RE: If CUSA had to replace one or two schools who - Fort Bend Owl - 02-28-2016 07:37 AM

Wichita State (especially if they add football). No preference for a #2 but if others say Georgia State, then I guess they have some potential.

RE: If CUSA had to replace one or two schools who - MU42 - 02-28-2016 07:43 AM

(02-27-2016 11:10 PM)SMUfan Wrote:  If CUSA had to replace one or two schools who would you prefer as #1 and then #2?

It makes me laugh when I see posts like this. When I first joined 10 years ago realignment was about to kick it up a notch and many of us were excited, obsessed, scared, etc. I would post stuff like this on different boards just hoping one person would say they thought the Herd would be a good candidate for the Big East. Then I realized when it moved to more of a market based decision instead of success based I knew we were in trouble. Every so often I will still bring up a question but it's usually when I feel optimistic that we will get out of this dumpster fire than Britton Bankwsky created and then ran off. Realistically the fun realignment days are over, unless the Big 12 falls apart which I don't see happening.

RE: If CUSA had to replace one or two schools who - Cnelson203 - 02-28-2016 08:55 AM

I'm probably in the minority, but I just hope it doesn't happen. I happen to like the conference as it is, although I do wish there was less of a gap between the upper tier and lower tiers in football. (but think that will happen over time...in fact it MUST happen to be relevant.) If we were a stronger conference in all respects (which is within our capabilities) no one would want to leave unless it was for the gold ring of a P5. Sadly, we aren't close now.

There are teams that could immediately -- and substantially -- improve our conference's football profile, but not sure what the incentive would be to come aboard unless we perform at a higher level as a G5 conference than we did this year. To be frank, we've got to put a better top to bottom conference product on the field before we become attractive to anyone.

Basketball this year -- in conference -- has been an interesting, very competitive year, although we surely didn't garner much respect outside of the league. I don't see anyone we could add that would solve that issue.

RE: If CUSA had to replace one or two schools who - CoachMaclid - 02-28-2016 09:22 AM

If we expand, Coastal Carolina actually is an interesting one for me. South Carolina is a new contiguous state, would give us Myrtle Beach in addition to South Beach, West Palm Beach, and Virginia Beach.

However, I think CUSA would have to lose 5 schools before I'd really want to see it expand with the new rules in play.

RE: If CUSA had to replace one or two schools who - LR Eagle - 02-28-2016 09:26 AM

No one, stay at twelve to maximize the CFP payout on a per school basis. There's really no one else who has any real value.

RE: If CUSA had to replace one or two schools who - galojah - 02-28-2016 09:44 AM

I agree with everyone else, stay at 12. Then, if we drop below 12, we know we always have some Sun Belt schools ready and willing. Why go back to 14 when you don't have to right away. Cut the pie into some slightly bigger pieces. Again, you always have someone willing. We aren't losing out by holding out.

RE: If CUSA had to replace one or two schools who - nastybunch - 02-28-2016 10:08 AM

None

RE: If CUSA had to replace one or two schools who - MU ATO - 02-28-2016 10:08 AM

(02-27-2016 11:10 PM)SMUfan Wrote:  If CUSA had to replace one or two schools who would you prefer as #1 and then #2?

2 baby kittens, an endangered seal and a unicorn just died.
Thanks.

RE: If CUSA had to replace one or two schools who - MU ATO - 02-28-2016 10:10 AM

(02-28-2016 01:53 AM)BlazintheATL Wrote:  Id be for dropping 2. I also agree there's no one we could add that would bring a lot of value.

Id say Alabama or Duke

RE: If CUSA had to replace one or two schools who - Smaug - 02-28-2016 10:14 AM

(02-28-2016 10:10 AM)MU ATO Wrote:  Id say Alabama

No.