CSNbbs
Stadium and Convocation Center Naming Rights Update? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Stadium and Convocation Center Naming Rights Update? (/thread-771853.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Stadium and Convocation Center Naming Rights Update? - HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN - 02-26-2016 05:24 PM

Just checking if anyone has heard any updates?

RE: Stadium and Convocation Center Naming Rights Update? - HuskieJohn - 02-26-2016 05:26 PM

http://www.niuhuskies.com/genrel/022516aab.html

How has the state budget impasse affected progress on different projects, including the Facility Master Plan?

The quick answer is: Significantly. The state budget impasse has affected our ability to move forward with our master planning process and identification of our next project. However, we know that we have great interest and donor support to make our goals and objectives a reality. We will move our agenda forward once the state budget issues are resolved.

RE: Stadium and Convocation Center Naming Rights Update? - huskie1stdown - 04-16-2016 07:52 PM

How long can they wait?

RE: Stadium and Convocation Center Naming Rights Update? - Stay Cool - 04-16-2016 11:12 PM

(04-16-2016 07:52 PM)huskie1stdown Wrote:  How long can they wait?
Until the budget impasse gets settled, i can't imagine we'll hear anything significant...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

RE: Stadium and Convocation Center Naming Rights Update? - The Frisky Biscuit - 04-16-2016 11:57 PM

I assume the US Gov't will do it's best to sell/trade Illinois before too long.

RE: Stadium and Convocation Center Naming Rights Update? - Stay Cool - 04-17-2016 12:30 AM

(04-16-2016 11:57 PM)The Frisky Biscuit Wrote:  

We bought louisiana in a swindle, it's not fair we con someone again and dump illinois on them

RE: Stadium and Convocation Center Naming Rights Update? - huskie1stdown - 04-17-2016 12:31 AM

Boston College game in jeopardy?

RE: Stadium and Convocation Center Naming Rights Update? - HuskieJohn - 04-17-2016 07:47 AM

(04-17-2016 12:31 AM)huskie1stdown Wrote:  Boston College game in jeopardy?

Maybe in jeopardy of no TD being scored...

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/4/16/11444258/boston-college-football-spring-game-the-offense-is-bad-folks

RE: Stadium and Convocation Center Naming Rights Update? - The Frisky Biscuit - 04-17-2016 11:30 AM

(04-17-2016 12:30 AM)Stay Cool Wrote:  
(04-16-2016 11:57 PM)The Frisky Biscuit Wrote:  

We bought louisiana in a swindle, it's not fair we con someone again and dump illinois on them

I'll call Napoleon. Russia sold us Alaska like suckers, I'll call them too.

RE: Stadium and Convocation Center Naming Rights Update? - DogTracks - 04-18-2016 09:46 AM

(02-26-2016 05:26 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  http://www.niuhuskies.com/genrel/022516aab.html

How has the state budget impasse affected progress on different projects, including the Facility Master Plan?

The quick answer is: Significantly. The state budget impasse has affected our ability to move forward with our master planning process and identification of our next project. However, we know that we have great interest and donor support to make our goals and objectives a reality. We will move our agenda forward once the state budget issues are resolved.

How would a revenue contract be held up by state funding issues?

I can see why building projects tied to state funds would be held up. The idea would be to maximize money anyway, so anxiety about the amount the university would be able to subsidize athletics (and needing to wring every dollar dedicated to athletics possible) wouldn't be a factor.

RE: Stadium and Convocation Center Naming Rights Update? - HuskieJohn - 04-18-2016 11:44 AM

(04-18-2016 09:46 AM)DogTracks Wrote:  
(02-26-2016 05:26 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  http://www.niuhuskies.com/genrel/022516aab.html

How would a revenue contract be held up by state funding issues?

I can see why building projects tied to state funds would be held up. The idea would be to maximize money anyway, so anxiety about the amount the university would be able to subsidize athletics (and needing to wring every dollar dedicated to athletics possible) wouldn't be a factor.

Athletics is not going to announce a large new income stream when cutting the budget is front and center.

Then the politicians in Springfield will have this mindset...NIU Athletics received a 1mil increase in cash flow per year for the next 20 years ...well lets just cut 1mil more from the University since athletics will be able to run without it.

RE: Stadium and Convocation Center Naming Rights Update? - HeadoftheHuskie - 04-18-2016 12:26 PM

State Comptroller is now going to hold pay for elected officials. Maybe this will get the State budget done.

Pocketbook Political Pressure

RE: Stadium and Convocation Center Naming Rights Update? - Dog Fan - 04-18-2016 12:40 PM

(04-18-2016 12:26 PM)HeadoftheHuskie Wrote:  State Comptroller is now going to hold pay for elected officials. Maybe this will get the State budget done.

I doubt it. They have dipped their hands in the state trough so much that their pockets are overflowing. They have money coming out of every orifice.

I don't think scumbags Rauner, Madigan, and Cullerton rely on their paychecks, which is merely coffee money to them.

RE: Stadium and Convocation Center Naming Rights Update? - NIUfilmmaker - 04-18-2016 12:46 PM

Sounds like there is some form of positive news once the budget issue is settled, excited to hear it. Certainly makes sense not bragging about $ coming in while crying poor to the state.

Hope the higher education budget cuts are dialed back a tiny bit when he dust settles. Either way they need to move fast before all of our possible applicants move on to Iowa and Ball State ;(

RE: Stadium and Convocation Center Naming Rights Update? - thxjoenovak - 04-18-2016 01:05 PM

(04-18-2016 12:40 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(04-18-2016 12:26 PM)HeadoftheHuskie Wrote:  State Comptroller is now going to hold pay for elected officials. Maybe this will get the State budget done.

I doubt it. They have dipped their hands in the state trough so much that their pockets are overflowing. They have money coming out of every orifice.

I don't think scumbags Rauner, Madigan, and Cullerton rely on their paychecks, which is merely coffee money to them.

Sorry DF...To make an analogy.

Madigan=Ricardo Patton

Rauner= Mark Montgomery (in his first year.)

RE: Stadium and Convocation Center Naming Rights Update? - huskie1stdown - 04-18-2016 01:48 PM

If you don't have a budget at the 1 year mark, do you have to have a budget for that year or can the clock start over?

RE: Stadium and Convocation Center Naming Rights Update? - zdsmith - 04-18-2016 02:59 PM

(04-18-2016 01:48 PM)huskie1stdown Wrote:  If you don't have a budget at the 1 year mark, do you have to have a budget for that year or can the clock start over?

No clue. You'd think that they wouldn't want a year gap in their budget for tax/bookkeeping/other things I don't understand but I feel like anything is fair game now.

RE: Stadium and Convocation Center Naming Rights Update? - DogPoundNorth - 04-18-2016 03:10 PM

What a mess. I know we've talked about it before...but geez, get it together IL.

RE: Stadium and Convocation Center Naming Rights Update? - klake87 - 04-18-2016 03:16 PM

Probably no budget till April. Until Madigan decides to start the process, it is dead in the water.

RE: Stadium and Convocation Center Naming Rights Update? - golf4501 - 04-18-2016 03:21 PM

(04-18-2016 03:16 PM)klake87 Wrote:  Probably no budget till April. Until Madigan decides to start the process, it is dead in the water.

MMM, It's April right now....