CSNbbs
Hate to admit this but - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: "Big Dave" Memorial Smack Forum (/forum-500.html)
+------ Thread: Hate to admit this but (/thread-769305.html)

Pages: 1 2

Hate to admit this but - GoeTygers - 02-04-2016 03:38 PM

After what Josh said in his podcast, I really hope for the sake of our program that he loses every game from here on out. I want his career to unravel in the worst way possible. I want the results to bring 100% assurance that he will be gone next year, because I think that remains to be seen.
Those of you that think thats harsh… hey, its life's discipline. Call it karma. Got to have both feet in. To say that Memphis should expect the downtimes is an excuse indicative of not having both feet in. Doesnt sound like a passenger on the positive energy bus. He deserves to take a career blow for the seeds he attempted to plant in that disgusting podcast

As a control freak, Josh holds players accountable to his personal standards. What if Kedren told Josh last year while he was 25 pounds overweight "Josh, I think Ive done a really good job. I think Im in good enough shape"?

Should Kedren be held accountable to his coaches fitness standards? Of course! Point is, Josh should be held accountable to our standards. For him to tell us that he thinks he's done a good job based on his own standards is BS!!! He answers to us, the fans. No Josh, youve done a s*** job. Not good enough

RE: Hate to admit this but - Bathtub Gin - 02-04-2016 03:40 PM

Golly, what a negative Nelly

RE: Hate to admit this but - M1T4 - 02-04-2016 03:46 PM

Bad fan

RE: Hate to admit this but - JTS - 02-04-2016 03:59 PM

Where's the like button?

RE: Hate to admit this but - RCM1029 - 02-04-2016 04:02 PM

“The true hero is one who conquers his own anger and hatred.” ~ Dalai Lama XIV

RE: Hate to admit this but - roundhouse74 - 02-04-2016 04:04 PM

You hate to admit it, but you go on the internet and start a thread on it. Seems odd.

RE: Hate to admit this but - oldmangrizz - 02-04-2016 04:05 PM

I just wish it was all over.....some how, some way.

RE: Hate to admit this but - ksigtigerdood - 02-04-2016 04:11 PM

[Image: JustGotBackFromOuterSpace__01843.1447206...88.gif?c=2]

Hate to admit this but - tigers311 - 02-04-2016 04:17 PM

What if he's here for another year or two?

RE: Hate to admit this but - Unbreakable04 - 02-04-2016 04:19 PM

I agree, the podcast did nothing but reaffirm the elephant in the room (Josh Pastner) isn't aware that he's the elephant in the room.

RE: Hate to admit this but - GoeTygers - 02-04-2016 04:21 PM

(02-04-2016 04:17 PM)tigers311 Wrote:  What if he's here for another year or two?

If that happens, then Tiger basketball has been sold out completely, and the blame will partially go to the ignorant mass of happy clappers who think Josh is doing a good job.

I have already begun to wonder if the money guys are profiting from the demise, and are keeping Pastner on purpose in order to shift players or power to other schools. I can't think of any positive reason an intelligent person would keep Josh as coach, so there must be some sort of conspiracy behind it. If he stays coach for another couple of years, I think we can conclude that this is 100% true

RE: Hate to admit this but - Rob - 02-04-2016 04:22 PM

Good grief. This place has lost it's mind.

RE: Hate to admit this but - oldmangrizz - 02-04-2016 04:22 PM

(02-04-2016 04:17 PM)tigers311 Wrote:  What if he's here for another year or two?

Then I'll be depressed for another year or two.

RE: Hate to admit this but - cscottl1981 - 02-04-2016 04:29 PM

I'm over it. This team won't make the tourney (barring a miracle), but they are somewhat entertaining. Josh will at least be here the rest of the season (probably longer) so I've lowered my expectations.

What can you do?! I guess look forward to Tiger football.
Things seem to be trending up there. 02-13-banana

RE: Hate to admit this but - RCM1029 - 02-04-2016 04:29 PM

"...money guys...shift players...to other schools..."

Interesting theory.

RE: Hate to admit this but - HiTiger - 02-04-2016 04:29 PM

Complete opposite, would rather make NCAA's and avoid paying buyout which would be largest in history, and get another team interested enough to sniff around and part on good terms.

RE: Hate to admit this but - New Breid - 02-04-2016 04:33 PM

I hope that it doesn't matter what happens from here on out. I hope the jury has already decided. I think it is going to come down to the University burning the money. I am completely indifferent now. Win, lose, whatever. I already know we aren't going to the NCAA and probably not the NIT. It will be another melancholy Selection Sunday without the Tigers. I applaud the fans that hope we can win out, or win the AAC Tourney. I am realist, it ain't happening.

I have mentally prepared for worse case scenario, which is Josh is here one more bad year. On the bright side, maybe we have better luck with available coaches at that time.

RE: Hate to admit this but - croppi33 - 02-04-2016 04:43 PM

(02-04-2016 03:38 PM)GoeTygers Wrote:  After what Josh said in his podcast, I really hope for the sake of our program that he loses every game from here on out. I want his career to unravel in the worst way possible. I want the results to bring 100% assurance that he will be gone next year, because I think that remains to be seen.
Those of you that think thats harsh… hey, its life's discipline. Call it karma. Got to have both feet in. To say that Memphis should expect the downtimes is an excuse indicative of not having both feet in. Doesnt sound like a passenger on the positive energy bus. He deserves to take a career blow for the seeds he attempted to plant in that disgusting podcast

As a control freak, Josh holds players accountable to his personal standards. What if Kedren told Josh last year while he was 25 pounds overweight "Josh, I think Ive done a really good job. I think Im in good enough shape"?

Should Kedren be held accountable to his coaches fitness standards? Of course! Point is, Josh should be held accountable to our standards. For him to tell us that he thinks he's done a good job based on his own standards is BS!!! He answers to us, the fans. No Josh, youve done a s*** job. Not good enough

This is the first step to solving your problem. Trust me, like many others here, we also had to admit our fault.

Sign former sunshine pumper

RE: Hate to admit this but - tigerinstlouis - 02-04-2016 04:54 PM

(02-04-2016 03:38 PM)GoeTygers Wrote:  After what Josh said in his podcast, I really hope for the sake of our program that he loses every game from here on out. I want his career to unravel in the worst way possible. I want the results to bring 100% assurance that he will be gone next year, because I think that remains to be seen.

I was not happy with most of the podcast either but put your energy into rooting for the kids that are busting their butts representing the city we all love. They are playing hard which is why I personally still have hope for the season. As for Coach, some of the things he said especially about our history and success cut deep and made me sick to my stomach. Cant let that stop me from getting pumped up every game day. GO TIGERS GO!!!

RE: Hate to admit this but - Hoots - 02-04-2016 05:15 PM

(02-04-2016 03:38 PM)GoeTygers Wrote:  After what Josh said in his podcast, I really hope for the sake of our program that he loses every game from here on out...

God, I love the "fans" of the Memphis Tigers. With any luck at all, the Huskies will kick our ass tonight. Go Brimah!

Jesus.