CSNbbs
Freshman Impact Players - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Freshman Impact Players (/thread-769267.html)

Freshman Impact Players - M1T4 - 02-04-2016 12:31 PM

Who will be your freshmen impact players in your class?
Memphis:

Tim Hart LB
Joshue Perry S

RE: Freshman Impact Players - bullsbucsfan426 - 02-04-2016 12:45 PM

Salomon, we need a second wr to complement Adams. Also I think watts or Dunn will play early from the freshmen.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

RE: Freshman Impact Players - apex_pirate - 02-04-2016 02:20 PM

Not sure how many of ours will actually play (redshirt). we need immediate help on the OL. Think that may be covered by JUCO though. Defensive secondary also needs help. Not sure what side of the ball Howe will play on.

RE: Freshman Impact Players - HartfordHusky - 02-04-2016 02:52 PM

Jay Rose should make an immediate impact. Played QB last 2 years of HS and had offers from multiple P5 schools. Initially when he committed to UConn people thought it was because he would get a shot at QB. Now that he's signed he actually is coming in as a hybrid TE and should get on the field immediately.

RE: Freshman Impact Players - DowdyPirate - 02-04-2016 03:49 PM

Javontay Smith is the only one I could see stepping in and taking a starting spot.

Tahj Deans and any of the O-Lineman I can see playing significant minutes

RE: Freshman Impact Players - pesik - 02-04-2016 03:56 PM

--The Most Feared Man in Houston ( http://vype.com/houston/2014/09/13/westfields-ed-oliver-is-the-most-feared-man-in-h-town-football-look-at-top-underclassmen/ )
--The highest rated defensive player in Texas
--The 4th highest rated player in the NATION
--Co-mvp of the Under-Armour all-american game
--pre-season freshmen all-american by both 247 and espn

yes, you know who im talking about...the highest rated player to EVER sign with a G5, Consensus 5 star ED OLIVER

lol ill stop bragging now :)

but seriously we didnt graduated much on the DLine and the 3 starters that return are captain type players..for anyone else id say redshirt..but i have an extremely hard time seeing ed redshirted...i have a hard time seeing him not starting..despite not really needing him

for other freshmen
we graduated basically EVERYONE in our secondary, we signed 6 db recruits, we expect the jucos to play but most houston fans expect freshmen db collin wilder to be a huge impact player

beyond those 2, we returned a lot this year, despite the monster class i dont see much freshmen elsewhere

RE: Freshman Impact Players - Kronke - 02-04-2016 04:03 PM

Ed is a freak of nature, there aren't many 290+ lb DT's that have 103 yard returns for a TD on their resume. He will have a JJ Watt-esque impact next year.

I also expect Colin Wilder to be able to drop right into the starting lineup. He was a 4-year starter at Katy, arguably the best high school football program in the country.

RE: Freshman Impact Players - Cubanbull - 02-04-2016 05:12 PM

No matter how good your freshmen are it speaks badly of your team depth if too many of them have to play right away.

RE: Freshman Impact Players - Hurricane Drummer - 02-04-2016 06:01 PM

Most of the OL's and DT's we signed. Cuz they're BIG! Probably will have more impact in future years though.

RE: Freshman Impact Players - JHG722 - 02-04-2016 06:08 PM

I'm going to guess DB Kareem Ali, DE Josiah Bronson, and WR/KR/PR Cortrelle Simpson, who all redshirted.

RE: Freshman Impact Players - Coog Engineer - 02-04-2016 06:20 PM

(02-04-2016 05:12 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  No matter how good your freshmen are it speaks badly of your team depth if too many of them have to play right away.

Hardly ever see a freshman step in and play right away.

Either there's no choice, or they're just that good (still kinda no choice now that I think about that one more).

RE: Freshman Impact Players - M1T4 - 02-04-2016 06:28 PM

(02-04-2016 05:12 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  No matter how good your freshmen are it speaks badly of your team depth if too many of them have to play right away.

these are guesses you know that right? I am just optimistic on mine. I really see just two playing. Really probably just Tim Hart and one of the Safties

RE: Freshman Impact Players - Fo Shizzle - 02-06-2016 08:43 PM

(02-04-2016 03:49 PM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  Javontay Smith is the only one I could see stepping in and taking a starting spot.

I believe Smith will play. He has the skills now. He is the only one I see not getting a RS.

RE: Freshman Impact Players - Fo Shizzle - 02-06-2016 08:45 PM

I tend to agree...but...then you see lots of freshmen playing in the SEC. Depth is not the issue. They are just that good.

RE: Freshman Impact Players - DowdyPirate - 02-06-2016 10:45 PM

(02-06-2016 08:43 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(02-04-2016 03:49 PM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  Javontay Smith is the only one I could see stepping in and taking a starting spot.

I believe Smith will play. He has the skills now. He is the only one I see not getting a RS.

We're so thin on the o-line Im thinking at least one of them has to be in the two deep

RE: Freshman Impact Players - Fo Shizzle - 02-07-2016 01:19 PM

Todays signee Jake Verity could be one that starts next season as place kicker and punter. Maybe the best recruit in ECU's class. I don't think we have ever given a scholarship to Freshman kicker before.

RE: Freshman Impact Players - DowdyPirate - 02-07-2016 01:22 PM

(02-07-2016 01:19 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Todays signee Jake Verity could be one that starts next season as place kicker and punter. Maybe the best recruit in ECU's class. I don't think we have ever given a scholarship to Freshman kicker before.

Worth will be the punter

RE: Freshman Impact Players - Fo Shizzle - 02-07-2016 01:58 PM

(02-07-2016 01:22 PM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 01:19 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Todays signee Jake Verity could be one that starts next season as place kicker and punter. Maybe the best recruit in ECU's class. I don't think we have ever given a scholarship to Freshman kicker before.

Worth will be the punter

Yes. He should have a good Senior year. This kid might take over both in 17.

RE: Freshman Impact Players - gostangs - 02-07-2016 05:05 PM

SMU may have 7 freshman starting next year - no joke. And yes - thats not a good thing. But it will be a great thing in 2 years.

RE: Freshman Impact Players - Kruciff - 02-07-2016 05:13 PM

Since pretty much everyone from last year played in one game or another, all our impact freshman will be coming from the new class.

Top possibilities:

Aaron Dowdell 4 star OL - I have no idea who even started on OL last year. Wide Open.
Dredrick Snelson 4 star WR - Only sure starters at WR are probably Tristan Payton and Tre'Quan Smith. Hope to see Akins moved to Tight End.
Adrian Killins - Frost's #1 target at RB. RB is also wide open, though C.J. Jones and Taj MacGowan did well enough, considering the OLine woes. Lot's of room for a freshman to make an impact here.

You know what, all of them could be impact players. I have no idea who was good or bad or who will step up or regress from last year.