CSNbbs
A warning to everyone - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: A warning to everyone (/thread-768831.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

A warning to everyone - Lord Stanley - 02-01-2016 10:59 AM

Here is the deal:

If you do not follow the AUP you will go right to 50% warning without the courtesy of a PM. The moderator's decisions are final. We are sick of coming onto the board to a myriad of reported posts, PMs, and seeing threads get derailed because grown men are acting like little children.

The inmates will not be allowed to run the asylum.

Follow the AUP. In the Spin Room you are expected to abide by the following without exception:

1. You are expected to be civil.
2. You are expected to defend your position.
3. You are expected to focus on the debate, not the poster.
4. You are expected to make a good faith effort to interact with the community.
5. You are expected to use the report button if you have concerns with a post or comment.
6. Do not troll.
7. Do not use slurs or call people names.
8. Do not discuss moderation issues in public.
9. Do not bring another user’s personal details into comments.
10. Do not spam the board with a bunch of highly similar topics.

effective 08/25/2015

Don't push us. Act like adults or find your way Some. Where. Else.

RE: A warning to everyone - Paul M - 02-01-2016 11:13 AM

Be so much simpler to tell the cry babies to stop bothering you all with their whining. The end. No more sickness for you.

RE: A warning to everyone - Kaplony - 02-01-2016 11:28 AM

(02-01-2016 11:13 AM)Paul M Wrote:  Be so much simpler to tell the cry babies to stop bothering you all with their whining. The end. No more sickness for you.

For sure. Perhaps they could tell them they are responsible for only what they post and not anybody else.

RE: A warning to everyone - Machiavelli - 02-01-2016 11:28 AM

orrrrr.................................

Act like adults or find your way Some. Where. Else.

How hard is it to act decent? Even with someone you don't agree with.

RE: A warning to everyone - Kaplony - 02-01-2016 11:31 AM

(02-01-2016 11:28 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  orrrrr.................................

You mean like calling someone a dick?

RE: A warning to everyone - shiftyeagle - 02-01-2016 11:33 AM

I just want to say that when I call someone a shitlord, I'm not calling them a shitlord, rather I am purely mocking tumblristas and SJWs.

RE: A warning to everyone - Paul M - 02-01-2016 11:35 AM

Well saying someone is acting childish is just subjective. I would opine running to mommy to be MUCH more childish.

Thus my comment that the mods are addressing the wrong people. Tell the people with the childish behavior to stop pestering them with their hurt feelings.

RE: A warning to everyone - Pyrizzo - 02-01-2016 11:37 AM

(02-01-2016 10:59 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  We are sick of coming onto the board to a myriad of reported posts, PMs, and seeing threads get derailed because grown men, and women, other, cats, etc. are acting like little children.

FIFY

RE: A warning to everyone - CardFan1 - 02-01-2016 11:40 AM

It's All Water under the Bridge !

RE: A warning to everyone - Machiavelli - 02-01-2016 11:47 AM

OHHHHHHHHHHHH So some of you complained to moderation about me................... Ok Ok. Dick is a common expression around my parts. When someone acts like a dick they are acting assholish. You could probably interchange the two. It's an expression of a self centered person whose only concern is himself. For instance in the Jar Jar thread where I accused a person of being a Dick that was exactly my intent. If one didn't like the thread why ruin it for others who were enjoying the thread. I guess I could have put the definition down for other parts of the country. In NW Ohio when someone is being a self centered person who wants to call others "stupid" because they feel they are the arbiter of what is stupid or what is not. A group of people who like the conversation will tell the arbiter when he is out of line by calling him a Dick. It's a common expression. Like when a guy tries to welch on a bet. Hey, don't be a dick, pay up. When a guy doesn't throw in for the tip with a group bill. Hey, don't be a Dick, pay two bucks. Doesn't make the person a bad person. He just needs a life check. Hey even though you might not enjoy the Jar Jar theory, don't be a Dick, maybe others do. Feel free to call me out if I ever am a Dick to someone. If I ever call one stupid for starting a thread that I don't find interest in. Heck, I'm usually asked for my opinion on things because I DON'T Comment on things I find stupid. I don't find the term offensive, personally. I've used it all of my life. ESPECIALLY amongst friends.

RE: A warning to everyone - usmbacker - 02-01-2016 11:48 AM

(02-01-2016 11:31 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(02-01-2016 11:28 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  orrrrr.................................

You mean like calling someone a dick?

04-cheers04-cheers04-cheers04-cheers

RE: A warning to everyone - Redwingtom - 02-01-2016 12:01 PM

I seriously doubt this thread was created because a couple folks called each other a dick. 03-yawn

RE: A warning to everyone - Kaplony - 02-01-2016 12:08 PM

(02-01-2016 11:47 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  OHHHHHHHHHHHH So some of you complained to moderation about me................... Ok Ok. Dick is a common expression around my parts. When someone acts like a dick they are acting assholish. You could probably interchange the two. It's an expression of a self centered person whose only concern is himself. For instance in the Jar Jar thread where I accused a person of being a Dick that was exactly my intent. If one didn't like the thread why ruin it for others who were enjoying the thread. I guess I could have put the definition down for other parts of the country. In NW Ohio when someone is being a self centered person who wants to call others "stupid" because they feel they are the arbiter of what is stupid or what is not. A group of people who like the conversation will tell the arbiter when he is out of line by calling him a Dick. It's a common expression. Like when a guy tries to welch on a bet. Hey, don't be a dick, pay up. When a guy doesn't throw in for the tip with a group bill. Hey, don't be a Dick, pay two bucks. Doesn't make the person a bad person. He just needs a life check. Hey even though you might not enjoy the Jar Jar theory, don't be a Dick, maybe others do. Feel free to call me out if I ever am a Dick to someone. If I ever call one stupid for starting a thread that I don't find interest in. Heck, I'm usually asked for my opinion on things because I DON'T Comment on things I find stupid. I don't find the term offensive, personally. I've used it all of my life. ESPECIALLY amongst friends.

So "Do as I say, not as I do" huh?

How leftist of you.

RE: A warning to everyone - mturn017 - 02-01-2016 12:12 PM

[Image: 36jq8a_zpsjisedkrg.jpg]

RE: A warning to everyone - QuestionSocratic - 02-01-2016 12:19 PM

A strict adherence to board rules would provide no room for sarcasm, irony, satire and parody

which leads to my kneejerk reaction...

RE: A warning to everyone - EagleX - 02-01-2016 12:27 PM

(02-01-2016 12:01 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  I seriously doubt this thread was created because a couple folks called each other a dick. 03-yawn

it's impossible to tell, though. and it's a pretty dire threat to be so completely undefined in terms of whatever the offense was. all we know is that they're pissed because they had to read stuff.

any political forum is going to have some elbow-throwing; it's the nature of the beast. I suspect they're going to break the forum again.

RE: A warning to everyone - EverRespect - 02-01-2016 12:58 PM

I must have missed something. I thought things were going relatively well in here.

RE: A warning to everyone - Machiavelli - 02-01-2016 01:21 PM

I thought so too. We have reached a relative equilibrium. New people come in upset the balance in the force so to speak. I'm sure the regulars know who the troublemakers are. For the most part it's been pretty good in here.

RE: A warning to everyone - Redwingtom - 02-01-2016 01:32 PM

(02-01-2016 12:27 PM)EagleX Wrote:  
(02-01-2016 12:01 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  I seriously doubt this thread was created because a couple folks called each other a dick. 03-yawn

it's impossible to tell, though. and it's a pretty dire threat to be so completely undefined in terms of whatever the offense was. all we know is that they're pissed because they had to read stuff.

any political forum is going to have some elbow-throwing; it's the nature of the beast. I suspect they're going to break the forum again.

You're assuming these offenses have not been warned already. I know I have received warnings for posts...as well as warning level percentage hits. Most likely, these warnings and small warning level percent hits (normally around 5%) aren't working so they're pushing it up to 50%.

RE: A warning to everyone - EagleX - 02-01-2016 03:02 PM

(02-01-2016 01:32 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(02-01-2016 12:27 PM)EagleX Wrote:  

You're assuming these offenses have not been warned already. I know I have received warnings for posts...as well as warning level percentage hits. Most likely, these warnings and small warning level percent hits (normally around 5%) aren't working so they're pushing it up to 50%.

I'm not assuming anything. I'm reading. the warning said there would be no warning before, well, the warning. but at 50%, aren't your posting privs revoked?