CSNbbs
Would this, arguably, be the toughest Division in the P4? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: Would this, arguably, be the toughest Division in the P4? (/thread-768788.html)

Would this, arguably, be the toughest Division in the P4? - Dasville - 01-31-2016 09:30 PM

ACC Atlantic: Clemson, FSU, Virginia Tech, UofL, WVU, CUSE, NCST, WF

I can't fathom a tougher football division than this.

If movement happens, Divisions will be rearranged in each Conference. This Atlantic division setup could be the strongest of all IMO.04-rock

Would this, arguably, be the toughest Division in the P4? - Lenvillecards - 01-31-2016 11:27 PM

This one would be tougher I think.

Atlantic- FSU, Clemson, ND, Louisville, VT, NC State, WF, BC

Coastal could be: Miami, GT, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, NC, Duke, Virginia, WV

Rivals maybe:
FSU-Miami
GT-Clemson
VT-Virginia
NC-NC State
WF-Duke
ND-Pittsburgh
WV-Louisville
BC-Syracuse

RE: Would this, arguably, be the toughest Division in the P4? - ken d - 02-01-2016 11:46 AM

(01-31-2016 09:30 PM)Dasville Wrote:  ACC Atlantic: Clemson, FSU, Virginia Tech, UofL, WVU, CUSE, NCST, WF

If movement happens, Divisions will be rearranged in each Conference. This Atlantic division setup could be the strongest of all IMO.04-rock

It would be stronger than either current ACC division has been. But it would still trail, at least, the B12, both SEC divisions and the PAC north, based on average performance over the past 6 years. Who knows how strong all those divisions will be over the next six years?

RE: Would this, arguably, be the toughest Division in the P4? - ken d - 02-01-2016 12:02 PM

If you just include current ACC teams, the strongest 8 team division would be FSU, Clemson, Louisville, GT, UNC, VT, Duke and Miami. Of course, that means there would only be six teams in the other division. Adding two more, probably WVU and Cincy, would make a fairly logical geographic division in the north. That division would be clearly weaker than the south. The difference between them would be comparable to the difference between the current ACC and the current AAC.

I can't imagine the ACC mustering the votes to do something like that.

RE: Would this, arguably, be the toughest Division in the P4? - lumberpack4 - 02-01-2016 12:13 PM

(01-31-2016 09:30 PM)Dasville Wrote:  ACC Atlantic: Clemson, FSU, Virginia Tech, UofL, WVU, CUSE, NCST, WF

Your premise is based upon GT, WF, UVa, UNC, Duke, and VT acquiescing to add WVa. I just don't see that happening and it's more than past "bad blood" it's real academic issues based on WVa's open in-state admissions and it's mission to serve WVa. I know that's hypocritical given some on the list will not only admit anyone but have given away degrees like food samples in the grocery store.

My point is that the price of accepting WVa would be very, very, very, large and it probably has to include more than ND. It would have to include Texas and one more. Then you are at 18 schools. At best WVa is a prospect for 18th, though a better prospect than UConn.

Given that Pitt, VT, Louisville, and UVa have market overlap onto WVa's market, where is the extra money generated?

Re: RE: Would this, arguably, be the toughest Division in the P4? - shere khan - 02-01-2016 12:41 PM

Bama beat clwmpson, auburn beat louisville, houston beat fsu...the rest. Lol

No, not the best in anything

Would this, arguably, be the toughest Division in the P4? - Lenvillecards - 02-01-2016 01:14 PM

(02-01-2016 12:41 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

[attachment=7715]

RE: Would this, arguably, be the toughest Division in the P4? - Wilkie01 - 02-01-2016 02:31 PM

One can only dream:

Boston College
Notre Dame
Syracuse
PSU
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Louisville
Virginia Tech
Miami

Virginia
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Duke
Wake Forest
Clemson
Georgia Tech
FSU
Texas

RE: Would this, arguably, be the toughest Division in the P4? - cuseroc - 02-01-2016 02:37 PM

Your flaming is getting old. Take a hike!

RE: Would this, arguably, be the toughest Division in the P4? - Wilkie01 - 02-05-2016 12:02 PM

(02-01-2016 02:37 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  

Your flaming is getting old. Take a hike!

Plus, little tiger Ray Watts is only talking about the last games played!