CSNbbs
The most popular NFL team by state based on jersey sale - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+----- Forum: Pro Sports (/forum-516.html)
+----- Thread: The most popular NFL team by state based on jersey sale (/thread-768700.html)

The most popular NFL team by state based on jersey sale - C2__ - 01-31-2016 08:38 AM

According to Dick's Sporting Goods anyways. Few surprises, although Hawai'i, Alaska and Nevada are out in left field. I wonder what the sales are for London?

RE: The most popular NFL team by state based on jersey sale - All Dukes_All Day - 02-01-2016 01:53 PM

Yeah...there is no link for us to discuss.

RE: The most popular NFL team by state based on jersey sale - C2__ - 02-01-2016 05:41 PM

http://www.makegamedayeveryday.com/newsfeed/2015/6/30/10008/map-most-popular-nfl-team-jersey-in-each-state-say-what-alaska

RE: The most popular NFL team by state based on jersey sale - GoodOwl - 02-01-2016 06:46 PM

Okay! Now taking the field, your Montana Raiders!!! (and Las Vegas Colts???)

[Image: ?format=750w]

RE: The most popular NFL team by state based on jersey sale - Phlipper33 - 02-02-2016 04:17 AM

(02-01-2016 06:46 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  Okay! Now taking the field, your Montana Raiders!!! (and Las Vegas Colts???)

[Image: ?format=750w]

There's a few head scratchers in there. Browns in Oklahoma? Steelers in Arkansas? Redskins in Nebraska? Packers in Idaho? I'm actually a bit surprised the Bills got New York over the Giants. Oklahoma and Arkansas really get me the most though. How are those not Cowboys dominated?

RE: The most popular NFL team by state based on jersey sale - C2__ - 02-02-2016 05:41 PM

The Bills dominate Upstate New York, which is slightly less populous than NYC and Long Island. NYC is also multi-cultural and in some senses doesn't have a dominant team and then when the Giants and Jets are factored in, they have a 70/30 split among the fans left over.

Remember, this isn't really scientific and based on jersey sales by one retailer. I'm sure the Cowboys dominate every state that borders Texas except maybe New Mexico.

RE: The most popular NFL team by state based on jersey sale - All Dukes_All Day - 02-03-2016 09:59 AM

The Cowboys also probably have the second highest jersey sales in virtually every state. I live and work in the Washington DC area and I rarely go more than two or three days without seeing somebody (usually lower class looking) wearing some sort of Dallas Cowboys attire. Then again, that may say more to the boorish and "look at me!" type nature of out of market Cowboys fans. Every Cowboys fan from the DFW area I've met is pretty realistic and even somewhat downtrodden at this point, while every Cowboys fan I've met from DC, Philly, Baltimore or New York seems to think it's still 1995.