CSNbbs
JMU @ William & Gary predictions - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: JMU @ William & Gary predictions (/thread-768622.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

JMU @ William & Gary predictions - Hart Foundation - 01-30-2016 03:23 PM

Another big game for the Dukes with both teams tied for 3rd and only one game out of first.
William & Larry is a better offensive team and JMU is a better defensive team, but not by much in either comparison. William & Barry is not the same team as last year with the unguardable Marcus Thornton gone to the NBA. We will see more traditional Tribe offense this year with spot up 3pt shooting and back door cuts galore.
Believe it or not, JMU takes and makes more 3's than the tribe this year. I can't ever remember that being the case as William & Harry uses it to offset their deficiencies in athleticism.

Watch out for Connor Burchfield. He is coming off the bench and making a ridiculous 62% of his 3's. With the exception of Tarpey and Prewitt, JMU will want to overplay the ball and make the rest of the Tribe use the dribble drive.

If we don't see some Dukes foul out this game then they aren't playing hard enough on defense.
it will take a decent sized upset to beat William & Gary in Williamsburg. They had enough firepower to blow out NC State on the road earlier this year. How does Brady defend them? Perhaps a soft full court zone to eat into the shot clock and limit the amount of time for them to run offense.

William & Perry 80
JMU 75

RE: JMU @ William & Gary predictions - nyduke - 01-30-2016 04:06 PM

Dukes keep the road streak alive.....Dukes by 5

RE: JMU @ William & Gary predictions - JMUDunk - 01-30-2016 04:11 PM

Who's going?

Been tempted but have a prior commitment. Trying to figure out a respectable, plausible weasel maneuver to get out of it.

Nowhere near a sellout, correct?

No more Home Court Disadvantage

Mighty Dukes of JMU 68

WMgt 64

RE: JMU @ William & Gary predictions - Dukesfan71 - 01-30-2016 04:16 PM

85-76 Tribe. UNCW and the Tribe were our toughest match ups last year. If we have our big guys trying to hedge out to mid court like Thursday they may score 99.

RE: JMU @ William & Gary predictions - JMUDunk - 01-30-2016 04:23 PM

Had NO idea this was Sunday, thought it was this evening.

Makes it all the more tempting to go.

RE: JMU @ William & Gary predictions - JMU13 - 01-30-2016 04:35 PM

I think we win. We always bounce back pretty well from a loss, they seem to reboot our system.

RE: JMU @ William & Gary predictions - #YEEHAWDUKES - 01-30-2016 04:49 PM

I'll be there to watch the dukes crush nerds

RE: JMU @ William & Gary predictions - NJDuke97 - 01-30-2016 04:51 PM

(01-30-2016 03:23 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  Another big game for the Dukes with both teams tied for 3rd and only one game out of first.
William & Larry is a better offensive team and JMU is a better defensive team, but not by much in either comparison. William & Barry is not the same team as last year with the unguardable Marcus Thornton gone to the NBA. We will see more traditional Tribe offense this year with spot up 3pt shooting and back door cuts galore.
Believe it or not, JMU takes and makes more 3's than the tribe this year. I can't ever remember that being the case as William & Harry uses it to offset their deficiencies in athleticism.

Watch out for Connor Burchfield. He is coming off the bench and making a ridiculous 62% of his 3's. With the exception of Tarpey and Prewitt, JMU will want to overplay the ball and make the rest of the Tribe use the dribble drive.

If we don't see some Dukes foul out this game then they aren't playing hard enough on defense.
it will take a decent sized upset to beat William & Gary in Williamsburg. They had enough firepower to blow out NC State on the road earlier this year. How does Brady defend them? Perhaps a soft full court zone to eat into the shot clock and limit the amount of time for them to run offense.

William & Perry 80
JMU 75

Tarpey is the key- need someone to put a body on that dude- he killed us on the glass last year and had a triple double vs. the Dukes. I'm not worried about the other shooters- I think the Dukes guards will contain them.

RE: JMU @ William & Gary predictions - Centdukesfan - 01-30-2016 06:55 PM

If there's one thing that dukes crush. It's nerds.

In the hallowed words of Dean Marlowe "keeping pounding (nerds) "

Re: RE: JMU @ William & Gary predictions - Tribal - 01-30-2016 08:13 PM

(01-30-2016 06:55 PM)Centdukesfan Wrote:  If there's one thing that dukes crush. It's nerds.

In the hallowed words of Dean Marlowe "keeping pounding (nerds) "

Maybe in field hockey...

And, Dean Marlowe take orders from a former Tribe player and does what he's told or else.

JMU @ William & Gary predictions - HyperDuke - 01-30-2016 09:08 PM

DEFINITELY in field hockey (disclaimer: I have no clue if we beat the nerds in FH).

RE: JMU @ William & Gary predictions - Dukes84 - 01-31-2016 11:15 AM

In my view, Dukes are definitely an underdog in this game. A tough match up on the road. I'm not expecting a win, especially after the performance on Thursday. Hope I'm wrong.

RE: JMU @ William & Gary predictions - s2dsayer - 01-31-2016 11:18 AM

Road Warriors bounce back....82-77 Dukes

RE: JMU @ William & Gary predictions - s2dsayer - 01-31-2016 12:48 PM

Game's (supposedly) on SNY for those in the NYC area

RE: JMU @ William & Gary predictions - nyduke - 01-31-2016 01:01 PM

yes game on sny at 7pm in new york area....GO DUKES

RE: JMU @ William & Gary predictions - NJDuke97 - 01-31-2016 01:56 PM

(01-31-2016 01:01 PM)nyduke Wrote:  yes game on sny at 7pm in new york area....GO DUKES

Last game on SNY Dukes won at Northeastern (with Quincy Ford in the starting lineup). Here's hoping for another good performance tonight.

JMU @ William & Gary predictions - Hart Foundation - 01-31-2016 02:18 PM

W&M's game notes indicate they have been ramping up their 3 pt shooting in the last 2 weeks. While they attempt 4 less 3pt shots per game than JMU on the season, the last 2 weeks have been an explosion.
They launched 37 of them in a game just last week. They have had 2 of their last 3 games see a top 10 all time program performance of made 3's. 16 in one game, 14 in another game. These are the nerds that we all have come to know and hate.

JMU @ William & Gary predictions - Hart Foundation - 01-31-2016 03:54 PM

It looks like the nerds are favored by 4 in Vegas. They are 9-1 at home some that line is a little low if you ask me.

The Dukes will need to play well to have a chance for the upset

RE: JMU @ William & Gary predictions - s2dsayer - 01-31-2016 07:16 PM

Ugh...Yoyo with 2 fouls already at the 17:26 mark

RE: JMU @ William & Gary predictions - jmu14 - 01-31-2016 07:19 PM

I fear this is going to be another officiating debacle. That second foul on Yoyo was WEAK. And now Jackson gets fouled driving for an easy layup and the baseline official right there doesn't call it.