CSNbbs
Shaq Goodwin's Career Night - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Shaq Goodwin's Career Night (/thread-768245.html)

Shaq Goodwin's Career Night - bubbapt - 01-27-2016 09:40 AM

15 of 23 from the field, with only four foul shots (made all four).

When was the last time we had a player who hit 15 FGs in a game? The most recent time I could find was Chris Massie against Tulane in 2003.

Add in 9 rebounds and 6 assists.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400835277

RE: Shaq Goodwin's Career Night - rssumme - 01-27-2016 09:52 AM

(01-27-2016 09:40 AM)bubbapt Wrote:  15 of 23 from the field, with only four foul shots (made all four).

When was the last time we had a player who hit 15 FGs in a game? The most recent time I could find was Chris Massie against Tulane in 2003.

Add in 9 rebounds and 6 assists.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400835277

And he did it against some monsters down low! I know we are not world beaters and this team isnt perfect. I know we are likely getting rid of our coach. But this team is still fun to watch and I always tune in or go to the forum. They play hard and it paid off for Shaq last night. Also enjoyed the 3 pointers and Marshall had some good minutes as well. Fun game against a decent team on the road.

Go Tigers!!

RE: Shaq Goodwin's Career Night - Atlanta - 01-27-2016 10:00 AM

Nice offensive game for the Tigers & Shaq in particular, along with Woodson but the defensive was still very poor. And it's the defense that cost us against ECU & Cincy - and it will show up every time we lose if our team isn't shooting lights out. Our defense lets perimeter opponents drive at will being a step slow along with inconsistent help that is always late - and amazingly at the same time our guys are a step too far off perimeter shooters to provide effective defense against the 3. At the same time our interior defense allows opponents to get the ball at will at or near the rim for easy shots. I see lots of hustle by 3-4 guys for about 15 seconds, and then the intensity drops off or we lose a cutter. So we won't win without above average offense that isn't sustained game to game. Verdict...more losses coming in big games after we fight hard but still lose.

RE: Shaq Goodwin's Career Night - bubbapt - 01-27-2016 10:04 AM

(01-27-2016 10:00 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  Nice offensive game for the Tigers & Shaq in particular, along with Woodson but the defensive was still very poor. And it's the defense that cost us against ECU & Cincy - and it will show up every time we lose if our team isn't shooting lights out. Our defense lets perimeter opponents drive at will being a step slow along with inconsistent help that is always late - and amazingly at the same time our guys are a step too far off perimeter shooters to provide effective defense against the 3. At the same time our interior defense allows opponents to get the ball at will at or near the rim for easy shots. I see lots of hustle by 3-4 guys for about 15 seconds, and then the intensity drops off or we lose a cutter. So we won't win without above average offense that isn't sustained game to game. Verdict...more losses coming in big games after we fight hard but still lose.

Our defensive rating on Kenpom has declined from the 20s a couple of weeks ago to the mid 60s.

Shaq Goodwin's Career Night - tnzazz - 01-27-2016 10:06 AM

Shaq has been a beast all season. Hell of a game and that dunk was massive.

RE: Shaq Goodwin's Career Night - holyterror - 01-27-2016 10:11 AM

Congrats to Shaq. 35 points is rarefied air. I doubt if even 1% of college players ever attain that number, especially with only 23 shots taken.

-He went up aggressively, for the most part.
-He effectively pump-faked Taco Bell and DumpTruck.
-He showed excellent finesse on several shots. Lawson can learn from him on this.
-He showed better footwork a couple of times than I thought he was capable of.
-He took only one play off defensively that I saw.

In short, he did most of the things he's been slammed for not doing.

I just hope he doesn't start thinking he's one of our go-to guys from 3 point range.

Great game, Shaq! Conference POW for sure!

RE: Shaq Goodwin's Career Night - MemphisCanes - 01-27-2016 10:14 AM

Love it for the big man. He's played well in the latter part of the season so far.

RE: Shaq Goodwin's Career Night - snowtiger - 01-27-2016 10:29 AM

Seems like he's right on the edge of a wowsome leap of greatness. He said he was gonna rally the team after defeat.

Congrats to Shaq! 04-rock

RE: Shaq Goodwin's Career Night - Brother Bluto - 01-27-2016 10:45 AM

About 3 years too late.

RE: Shaq Goodwin's Career Night - bubbapt - 01-27-2016 10:48 AM

(01-27-2016 10:45 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  About 3 years too late.

Never too late if he can bring it back to Orlando for the tournament.

RE: Shaq Goodwin's Career Night - bluebacker - 01-27-2016 10:51 AM

(01-27-2016 10:29 AM)snowtiger Wrote:  Seems like he's right on the edge of a wowsome leap of greatness. He said he was gonna rally the team after defeat.

Congrats to Shaq! 04-rock

He sure did. It seems like Shaq can be as good as he decides he's going to be on any given night.

RE: Shaq Goodwin's Career Night - tigergreen - 01-27-2016 10:58 AM

(01-27-2016 10:51 AM)bluebacker Wrote:  He sure did. It seems like Shaq can be as good as he decides he's going to be on any given night.

Yep.