CSNbbs
UC Marketing: Kenyon Martin - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: UC Marketing: Kenyon Martin (/thread-767595.html)

Pages: 1 2

UC Marketing: Kenyon Martin - CliftonAve - 01-22-2016 07:55 AM

Great to see Kenyon on the house last night. That being said, I think UC missed an opportunity to put more butts in the seat last night, raise some more $$$ and honor one of the top players in school history last night.

Maybe UC did not he was coming until last minute. However, if they knew ahead of time they should have promoted the heck out of it. I am guessing even with a few more days notice they would have sold out last night. They could have even given away/sold a Kenyon bobble head or some other merchandise.

RE: UC Marketing: Kenyon Martin - Bearcats#1 - 01-22-2016 07:57 AM

Also could have held a fan drawing for an autographed Kenyon Bobblehead presented to fan at half court by Kenyon himself. That would have been sweet.

RE: UC Marketing: Kenyon Martin - uccheese - 01-22-2016 07:59 AM

Instead of focusing on what didn't happen, I think it's awesome a player like that is still around the program.

RE: UC Marketing: Kenyon Martin - Brian_Johnson - 01-22-2016 08:01 AM

(01-22-2016 07:55 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Great to see Kenyon on the house last night. That being said, I think UC missed an opportunity to put more butts in the seat last night, raise some more $$$ and honor one of the top players in school history last night.

Maybe UC did not he was coming until last minute. However, if they knew ahead of time they should have promoted the heck out of it. I am guessing even with a few more days notice they would have sold out last night. They could have even given away/sold a Kenyon bobble head or some other merchandise.

According to Chad, this was the case.

RE: UC Marketing: Kenyon Martin - Brian_Johnson - 01-22-2016 08:02 AM

(01-22-2016 07:59 AM)uccheese Wrote:  Instead of focusing on what didn't happen, I think it's awesome a player like that is still around the program.

I couldn't agree more. He was alienated for awhile, but I'm so glad he returned to the fold.

RE: UC Marketing: Kenyon Martin - Bearcats#1 - 01-22-2016 08:03 AM

(01-22-2016 08:02 AM)Brian_Johnson Wrote:  
(01-22-2016 07:59 AM)uccheese Wrote:  Instead of focusing on what didn't happen, I think it's awesome a player like that is still around the program.

I couldn't agree more. He was alienated for awhile, but I'm so glad he returned to the fold.

agree...great to see him at half court being honored

RE: UC Marketing: Kenyon Martin - CliftonAve - 01-22-2016 08:03 AM

Oh I agree. It was awesome seeing him last night. I just think think there was an opportunity to do a little more last night. We do have a an $87m arena project in the works you know.

RE: UC Marketing: Kenyon Martin - BeerCat - 01-22-2016 08:22 AM

Haven't we been saying on this board for years that UC should do some promos with former players. Bobble heads or knock off jersey type things. Just ask the Reds, it's an easy way to get people to the game no matter what.

RE: UC Marketing: Kenyon Martin - SuperFlyBCat - 01-22-2016 08:43 AM

When UC opens the renovated 5/3 Arena, they need to have an event, puts Huggs in the UC HOF, invite a ton of
former players etc.

RE: UC Marketing: Kenyon Martin - bearcatlawjd2 - 01-22-2016 09:48 AM

(01-22-2016 08:43 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  When UC opens the renovated 5/3 Arena, they need to have an event, puts Huggs in the UC HOF, invite a ton of
former players etc.

Three non-conference games that I would like see year one in the renovated 5/3rd arena are Minnesota, WVU (if Huggins is still coaching), and Louisville. Xavier is coming here that year as well. Other games for historic reasons would include Dayton, Marquette, and Miami Ohio.

RE: UC Marketing: Kenyon Martin - JackieTreehorn - 01-22-2016 09:49 AM

Isn't part of Terry Nelson's job doing outreach to former student athletes to get them more involved?

RE: UC Marketing: Kenyon Martin - bearcatmill - 01-22-2016 09:54 AM

I had both of those thoughts last night. My first impression - Kenyon attending a bball game, considering he was not on great terms with the former admin, is awesome! Was fantastic to see him and Oscar, near each other, courtside. I later thought, if UC knew he was coming why not promote the appearance. Sounds as if they did not know.

I am not sure what UC's promotions budget might be. Would be nice to see them invite former players back for a special night and maybe some sort of giveaway. One of the things I love about attending NBA games are the in-game promotion/entertainment during time-outs and at half-time. They make the game more of an event. Also, gives non-diehards a reason to attend.

RE: UC Marketing: Kenyon Martin - bearcatmill - 01-22-2016 09:54 AM

(01-22-2016 09:49 AM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  Isn't part of Terry Nelson's job doing outreach to former student athletes to get them more involved?

Yes. Director of C-Club

UC Marketing: Kenyon Martin - BearcatnKY - 01-22-2016 11:20 AM

This is why I asked in another thread what players attend games. Seems they are more interested in telling us Brandon Phillips,Pete Rose or Nick Lachey are in the building.

RE: UC Marketing: Kenyon Martin - doss2 - 01-22-2016 11:47 AM

(01-22-2016 09:49 AM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  Isn't part of Terry Nelson's job doing outreach to former student athletes to get them more involved?
Maybe he could do an outreach to Nick Van Exel as the new UC coach.

RE: UC Marketing: Kenyon Martin - @ES Trader - 01-22-2016 11:55 AM

x2

RE: UC Marketing: Kenyon Martin - @ES Trader - 01-22-2016 11:58 AM

(01-22-2016 11:47 AM)doss2 Wrote:  
Maybe he could do an outreach to Nick Van Exel as the new UC coach.

maybe they should get van exel as an assistant coach, if kenyon would do it i would want him too

RE: UC Marketing: Kenyon Martin - back2vinyl - 01-22-2016 12:29 PM

Yes. Another thing to consider is not every former player would want UC to make a big fuss. Some might just want to attend a game for their own enjoyment.

RE: UC Marketing: Kenyon Martin - OKIcat - 01-22-2016 12:46 PM

As I recall, a coach at the University must have a degree. That will eliminate some former great players from consideration. I don't say that as a criticism of any of these players--heck Tiger Woods couldn't even coach golf @ Stanford if that applies there.

UC Marketing: Kenyon Martin - BearcatnKY - 01-23-2016 02:41 PM

Kmart tweeting he'll be back for the game tomorrow and attended practice.