CSNbbs
UAB Blazer Bloggin': The latest in UAB Football recruiting - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: UAB Blazer Bloggin': The latest in UAB Football recruiting (/thread-766400.html)

Pages: 1 2

UAB Blazer Bloggin': The latest in UAB Football recruiting - BlazerGold09 - 01-12-2016 11:52 AM

https://uabblazerbloggin.wordpress.com/2016/01/12/the-latest-in-uab-football-recruiting/

RE: UAB Blazer Bloggin': The latest in UAB Football recruiting - KevMo4UAB - 01-12-2016 12:09 PM

Good stuff. Thanks!

6-6 QB, wow.

RE: UAB Blazer Bloggin': The latest in UAB Football recruiting - LairDweller - 01-12-2016 12:20 PM

any rumors of any other former players looking to return?

RE: UAB Blazer Bloggin': The latest in UAB Football recruiting - the_blazerman - 01-12-2016 12:36 PM

I think the number of players that could return is very slim.

The number that would return is even slimmer.

However if they were to do it, now & in the near future would be the time because they would sit out next year automatically while the team is still sitting out.

RE: UAB Blazer Bloggin': The latest in UAB Football recruiting - LairDweller - 01-12-2016 12:42 PM

(01-12-2016 12:36 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  I think the number of players that could return is very slim.

The number that would return is even slimmer.

However if they were to do it, now & in the near future would be the time because they would sit out next year automatically while the team is still sitting out.

i thought that the only people it might possibly apply to are players that were freshmen last year, transferred as sophomores this year, so would have 2 years of eligibility left.
didn't think there would be many (if any), but thought there might be a couple

RE: UAB Blazer Bloggin': The latest in UAB Football recruiting - ATTALLABLAZE - 01-12-2016 01:05 PM

If we would have come back in 2016 more than half would have come back from the people I have talked to. I'm excited about who we have and are recruiting. We will have our highest recruited and most talented roster we have ever had.

RE: UAB Blazer Bloggin': The latest in UAB Football recruiting - blazerwkr - 01-12-2016 04:42 PM

I would think that of the high school signees in Clark's first class there'd be a few since they'd have to sit out next yr & we're not playing it anyway

RE: UAB Blazer Bloggin': The latest in UAB Football recruiting - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 01-12-2016 04:51 PM

(01-12-2016 04:42 PM)blazerwkr Wrote:  I would think that of the high school signees in Clark's first class there'd be a few since they'd have to sit out next yr & we're not playing it anyway

One of those frosh was QB Orth who transferred to USA but was not listed at that position at the end of this season. Is there any word on him or Chippoletti?

RE: UAB Blazer Bloggin': The latest in UAB Football recruiting - B'ham Blazer - 01-12-2016 07:52 PM

Chipoletti for sure isn't coming back. He got married, and is out in Wyoming.

RE: UAB Blazer Bloggin': The latest in UAB Football recruiting - the_blazerman - 01-12-2016 08:03 PM

He will be in our prayers.

RE: UAB Blazer Bloggin': The latest in UAB Football recruiting - ATTALLABLAZE - 01-12-2016 08:27 PM

For getting married or Wyoming?

RE: UAB Blazer Bloggin': The latest in UAB Football recruiting - the_blazerman - 01-12-2016 08:42 PM

both.

RE: UAB Blazer Bloggin': The latest in UAB Football recruiting - B'ham Blazer - 01-12-2016 09:31 PM

(01-12-2016 08:27 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  For getting married or Wyoming?

Don't think she was interested in moving to Birmingham.

RE: UAB Blazer Bloggin': The latest in UAB Football recruiting - blazerwkr - 01-12-2016 09:33 PM

Wyoming isn't that bad - some pretty back country up there though not sure I'd enjoy the winters there

RE: UAB Blazer Bloggin': The latest in UAB Football recruiting - TPBlaze84 - 01-13-2016 01:48 AM

Wyoming: where the men are tough and the women are tougher.

UAB Blazer Bloggin': The latest in UAB Football recruiting - USAFBlazerFan - 01-13-2016 08:31 AM

Warning- compounding the DERAIL:
I grew up in CO, and one of my favorite places to go as a kid was Wyoming- usually for hunting/horse shows/rodeos. Pristinely beautiful without the crazy CA folks like we experienced in CO.

Alright, that's all it for the derail down memory lane.

RE: UAB Blazer Bloggin': The latest in UAB Football recruiting - UAB Band Dad - 01-13-2016 01:37 PM

I think that I'd love living in Wyoming for about three to four months out of the year.

RE: UAB Blazer Bloggin': The latest in UAB Football recruiting - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 01-13-2016 02:00 PM

(01-13-2016 08:31 AM)USAFBlazerFan Wrote:  Warning- compounding the DERAIL:
I grew up in CO, and one of my favorite places to go as a kid was Wyoming- usually for hunting/horse shows/rodeos. Pristinely beautiful without the crazy CA folks like we experienced in CO.

Alright, that's all it for the derail down memory lane.

Wyoming is called "The Equality State" because it was the first state to give the vote to women. While driving to Yellowstone Park, happened to pass through Kennamer and found the "Mother Store" of J.C. Penney. Two of our largest retailers began in such small towns.

RE: UAB Blazer Bloggin': The latest in UAB Football recruiting - LairDweller - 01-13-2016 09:45 PM

Another useful ==> useless spiral

RE: UAB Blazer Bloggin': The latest in UAB Football recruiting - the_blazerman - 01-13-2016 10:19 PM

Fennis Dembo who played for Wyoming (& played against UAB many years ago) was from Mobile.