CSNbbs
Jerry Palm's NCAA Tournament projections - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Jerry Palm's NCAA Tournament projections (/thread-766289.html)

Jerry Palm's NCAA Tournament projections - NiuFootballfan - 01-11-2016 01:58 PM

Jerry picked the huskies to win the MAC and make the tournament as a 12 seed playing Arizona in Denver. I hope he's right, that would do wonders to this program.

Link: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

RE: Jerry Palm's NCAA Tournament projections - randyfensfanclub1 - 01-11-2016 02:02 PM

St. Louis or Des Moines. Already have it off. And there would likely be more Huskie fans in attendance than a home game. Kinda like the Orange Bowl.

RE: Jerry Palm's NCAA Tournament projections - HuskieJohn - 01-11-2016 02:38 PM

(01-11-2016 02:02 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  St. Louis or Des Moines. Already have it off. And there would likely be more Huskie fans in attendance than a home game. Kinda like the Orange Bowl.

What day would that be? Never mind I found it.

Ya no way I can get away from work then. That's our busiest month of the year.

RE: Jerry Palm's NCAA Tournament projections - zdsmith - 01-11-2016 02:39 PM

(01-11-2016 02:02 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  St. Louis or Des Moines. Already have it off. And there would likely be more Huskie fans in attendance than a home game. Kinda like the Orange Bowl.

I would be there for either of those dates if I can swing it. Bring it on!

RE: Jerry Palm's NCAA Tournament projections - Stay Cool - 01-11-2016 04:04 PM

I'll be there if we crash march madness

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

RE: Jerry Palm's NCAA Tournament projections - thehappyhuskie - 01-11-2016 06:05 PM

well there is no way i can make a winning bracket now. i'm going to have to have the Huskies all the way. Screw that Coach K and his March Madness.

RE: Jerry Palm's NCAA Tournament projections - MaddDawgz02 - 01-11-2016 06:18 PM

It says Arizona -2, that means the Cats would be only 2 point favorites right? I guess there is some off the wall chance it could mean they dropped 2 seed spots too from the last projection. haha

But seriously I think all Palm does is take the highest RPI in the conference and paste it there, I doubt he could name one player on NIU

RE: Jerry Palm's NCAA Tournament projections - DogPoundNorth - 01-11-2016 06:19 PM

(01-11-2016 06:18 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  It says Arizona -2, that means the Cats would be only 2 point favorites right? I guess there is some off the wall chance it could mean they dropped 2 seed spots too from the last projection.

That means that Arizona dropped 2 seeds since last projection.

RE: Jerry Palm's NCAA Tournament projections - MaddDawgz02 - 01-11-2016 06:20 PM

(01-11-2016 06:19 PM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  
(01-11-2016 06:18 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  It says Arizona -2, that means the Cats would be only 2 point favorites right? I guess there is some off the wall chance it could mean they dropped 2 seed spots too from the last projection.

That means that Arizona dropped 2 seeds since last projection.

I know hah, it was a poor attempt at humor

RE: Jerry Palm's NCAA Tournament projections - 17Huskies - 01-11-2016 06:26 PM

Ha, still crazy talk, but man is it fun to imagine. I would do everything in my power to get there if it happened, don't care where it was.

RE: Jerry Palm's NCAA Tournament projections - MaddDawgz02 - 01-11-2016 06:27 PM

(01-11-2016 06:26 PM)17Huskies Wrote:  Ha, still crazy talk, but man is it fun to imagine. I would do everything in my power to get there if it happened, don't care where it was.

In this first go around, I would not even care about the game itself, just would make my year to see NIU announced on the selection show.

RE: Jerry Palm's NCAA Tournament projections - Splooie99 - 01-12-2016 09:01 AM

Ironically, I think that last time I went to a NIU B-Ball game was when we played St. Johns in the big dance and made a huge come back only to fall short at the end. I think we played at Dayton Ohio that year. I've been on the west coast way too long. LOL I hope they can get into the tourney this year. That would be unbelievable. It is truly nice to be even remotely talking about NIU B-Ball. I still to this day am so glad Kenny Battle flopped at U of I when he transferred.

RE: Jerry Palm's NCAA Tournament projections - beachboy - 01-12-2016 09:13 AM

(01-12-2016 09:01 AM)Splooie99 Wrote:  Ironically, I think that last time I went to a NIU B-Ball game was when we played St. Johns in the big dance and made a huge come back only to fall short at the end. I think we played at Dayton Ohio that year. I've been on the west coast way too long. LOL I hope they can get into the tourney this year. That would be unbelievable. It is truly nice to be even remotely talking about NIU B-Ball. I still to this day am so glad Kenny Battle flopped at U of I when he transferred.

Battle "flopped" at U of I? He started on a Final Four team and was an NBA first-round draft choice. Or was your sarcasm button on?

RE: Jerry Palm's NCAA Tournament projections - Field Turf - 01-12-2016 10:28 AM

I didn't know this, but Battle also played one year with the Harlem Globetrotters. Here is an article from last week about that.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/aurora-beacon-news/sports/ct-abn-basketball-hinckley-globetrotters-kenny-battle-st-0116-20160105-story.html

RE: Jerry Palm's NCAA Tournament projections - Splooie99 - 01-12-2016 11:56 AM

(01-12-2016 09:13 AM)beachboy Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 09:01 AM)Splooie99 Wrote:  Ironically, I think that last time I went to a NIU B-Ball game was when we played St. Johns in the big dance and made a huge come back only to fall short at the end. I think we played at Dayton Ohio that year. I've been on the west coast way too long. LOL I hope they can get into the tourney this year. That would be unbelievable. It is truly nice to be even remotely talking about NIU B-Ball. I still to this day am so glad Kenny Battle flopped at U of I when he transferred.

Battle "flopped" at U of I? He started on a Final Four team and was an NBA first-round draft choice. Or was your sarcasm button on?

LOL, No Sarcasm here. :-) I was so bummed when he transferred. He may have been one of the best players in school history.

RE: Jerry Palm's NCAA Tournament projections - Prince Crossing - 01-12-2016 12:03 PM

I lived between Kenny and Bob Russ in Neptune my senior year. Nice guys, floor meetings were interesting..... You could tell he was going to be a short timer at NIU.

RE: Jerry Palm's NCAA Tournament projections - Field Turf - 01-12-2016 12:11 PM

(01-12-2016 12:03 PM)Prince Crossing Wrote:  I lived between Kenny and Bob Russ in Neptune my senior year. Nice guys, floor meetings were interesting..... You could tell he was going to be a short timer at NIU.

He wouldn't have been a short timer if NIU hadn't stupidly fired McDougal, who was the reason Battle came to NIU because of their mutual West Aurora roots.

My favorite memory of Battle at NIU was his 360 dunk when we hosted Ron Harper and Miami O. That was back when BBall would get decent crowds.

RE: Jerry Palm's NCAA Tournament projections - Skinut - 01-12-2016 01:54 PM

That was the last one for me too. If only the bench would have been 1 deep.

RE: Jerry Palm's NCAA Tournament projections - Skinut - 01-12-2016 01:56 PM

The illness still owe us a 1st & 2nd round draft pick for Battle.