CSNbbs
Not often in the world of expansion rumors do coaches, media, and univ. officials - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: Not often in the world of expansion rumors do coaches, media, and univ. officials (/thread-766109.html)

Not often in the world of expansion rumors do coaches, media, and univ. officials - 5018Calhoun - 01-09-2016 11:14 PM

Retweet an interview saying your school will be part of the next realignment. Normally coaches and university officials don't acknowledge this stuff unless it's already happened. Look up @markbermanfox26 as this guy is known as "scoop" for breaking Houston sports news from professional sports down to high school. The post are 1d from right now.

RE: Not often in the world of expansion rumors do coaches, media, and univ. officials - Pony94 - 01-09-2016 11:17 PM

As in 1 day in the future???

RE: Not often in the world of expansion rumors do coaches, media, and univ. officials - 5018Calhoun - 01-09-2016 11:19 PM

(01-09-2016 11:17 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  As in 1 day in the future???

You have to scroll through posts that we're posted 1 day from now (as in yesterday)

RE: Not often in the world of expansion rumors do coaches, media, and univ. officials - Pony94 - 01-09-2016 11:19 PM

Oh, he's quoting Spencer Tilman

[Image: CYPX27qUkAAxNx6.jpg:large]

RE: Not often in the world of expansion rumors do coaches, media, and univ. officials - 5018Calhoun - 01-09-2016 11:21 PM

(01-09-2016 11:19 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  Oh, he's quoting Spencer Tilman

[Image: CYPX27qUkAAxNx6.jpg:large]

Yeah. If you look at the retweets I find that more interesting than what was said. Usually university people don't retweet this kind of stuff.

RE: Not often in the world of expansion rumors do coaches, media, and univ. officials - shizzle787 - 01-09-2016 11:55 PM

The thing is I believe Houston is not going to the Big 12, but the Pac-12.

RE: Not often in the world of expansion rumors do coaches, media, and univ. officials - Attackcoog - 01-10-2016 02:35 AM

I don't know if it means anything, but I can't recall ever seeing an entire staff retweet a realignment opinion like that. Usually, the coaching staffs are quiet on the issue and tow the "we are a proud member of x-conference" line. Very unusual.

RE: Not often in the world of expansion rumors do coaches, media, and univ. officials - allthatyoucantleavebehind - 01-10-2016 09:09 AM

Houston and Cincy. Makes sense for the Big 12. If Texas decides to go rogue, they still have a strong presence in Texas (4 schools).

RE: Not often in the world of expansion rumors do coaches, media, and univ. officials - ken d - 01-10-2016 09:16 AM

So is Tillman saying that if Herman goes somewhere else before more realignment that Houston's prospects are not as certain? If so, realignment had better start happening soon for Houston's sake.

RE: Not often in the world of expansion rumors do coaches, media, and univ. officials - ohio1317 - 01-10-2016 09:21 AM

Talk of the playoff going to 8 immediately turns me off of believing this is anyone with any insider knowledge posting. Yes both Houston to a major conference and 8 might eventually happen, but there is no movement to 8 now, which means I have to assume all of it is just a personal prediction as opposed to based on any insider knowledge.

RE: Not often in the world of expansion rumors do coaches, media, and univ. officials - 5018Calhoun - 01-10-2016 12:22 PM

(01-10-2016 09:21 AM)ohio1317 Wrote:  Talk of the playoff going to 8 immediately turns me off of believing this is anyone with any insider knowledge posting. Yes both Houston to a major conference and 8 might eventually happen, but there is no movement to 8 now, which means I have to assume all of it is just a personal prediction as opposed to based on any insider knowledge.

I agree with you on the statemen as most rational people who follow this stuff would. However, it's not normal for a coaching staff and university officials to retweet this stuff. We can all say he has no insider connection but those with the connection are retweeting this information.

RE: Not often in the world of expansion rumors do coaches, media, and univ. officials - Mestophalies - 01-10-2016 12:28 PM

(01-10-2016 12:22 PM)5018Calhoun Wrote:  
(01-10-2016 09:21 AM)ohio1317 Wrote:  Talk of the playoff going to 8 immediately turns me off of believing this is anyone with any insider knowledge posting. Yes both Houston to a major conference and 8 might eventually happen, but there is no movement to 8 now, which means I have to assume all of it is just a personal prediction as opposed to based on any insider knowledge.

I agree with you on the statemen as most rational people who follow this stuff would. However, it's not normal for a coaching staff and university officials to retweet this stuff. We can all say he has no insider connection but those with the connection are retweeting this information.

It's still before National signing day and Houston is trying for a top 20/10 class. This even if not true catches recruits attentions. I rate it along with when Cincinnati's coaches were saying they were headed to the Big 12. It's just using the current rumors for program gains.

RE: Not often in the world of expansion rumors do coaches, media, and univ. officials - bullet - 01-10-2016 01:00 PM

(01-10-2016 12:28 PM)Mestophalies Wrote:  

It's still before National signing day and Houston is trying for a top 20/10 class. This even if not true catches recruits attentions. I rate it along with when Cincinnati's coaches were saying they were headed to the Big 12. It's just using the current rumors for program gains.

This is pretty common. Temple coaches supposedly were making that type of statement. An FSU coach recruiting Texas supposedly told recruits FSU was going to the Big 12 a few years ago during the height of the FSU/Clemson to Big 12 rumors.

RE: Not often in the world of expansion rumors do coaches, media, and univ. officials - MplsBison - 01-10-2016 01:58 PM

Correct. Zero changes to CFP through first two cycles. Minor changes, at most, for the last two cycles.

Expanding to 8 is a huge, fundamental change.

RE: Not often in the world of expansion rumors do coaches, media, and univ. officials - bullet - 01-10-2016 03:15 PM

Well this sounds just like Tillman's personal opinion. But there have been a number of quotes lately by people other than the face of the CFP (commissioners) that they are starting to look at 6 or 8.

RE: Not often in the world of expansion rumors do coaches, media, and univ. officials - MplsBison - 01-10-2016 03:30 PM

(01-10-2016 03:15 PM)bullet Wrote:  

Well this sounds just like Tillman's personal opinion. But there have been a number of quotes lately by people other than the face of the CFP (commissioners) that they are starting to look at 6 or 8.

Now is the time to look into things ... for CFP II negotiations.

RE: Not often in the world of expansion rumors do coaches, media, and univ. officials - DavidSt - 01-10-2016 05:36 PM

(01-10-2016 12:28 PM)Mestophalies Wrote:  

That is how Lamar got so good in football lately. They were telling recruits on and off social media that Lamar is heading to the FBS level. That was when they tried out to join the WAC with UTA, UTSA and others who got invited.

RE: Not often in the world of expansion rumors do coaches, media, and univ. officials - CardFan1 - 01-11-2016 08:17 AM

Not sure why going to an 8 playoff format means automatic conference expansion. It would likely give a couple of G5's a better chance of landing a spot in the playoffs .