CSNbbs
American Sports Net going 24/7 starting Monday - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: American Sports Net going 24/7 starting Monday (/thread-765971.html)

American Sports Net going 24/7 starting Monday - BeliefBlazer - 01-08-2016 02:22 PM

Will be on digital sub-channels in select markets initially. Will expand over time.

As MattSarz mentioned on Twitter, could be related to the next C-USA contract announcement. Go buy yourself a nice OTA antenna.

[Image: CYOLEF9WQAEgNnJ.png]

RE: American Sports Net going 24/7 starting Monday - WKUFan518 - 01-08-2016 02:37 PM

What do you mean 24/7? They have programming to cover all day and night long? I am getting that feeling we are going mainly to American Sports Network which is fine for me..I see all of these games on Direct TV....Still hoping for Fox Sports to show a few, but you can tell they want to just go all in on Big East hoops...

RE: American Sports Net going 24/7 starting Monday - BeliefBlazer - 01-08-2016 02:41 PM

I guess they'll air reruns and a couple studio shows.

RE: American Sports Net going 24/7 starting Monday - ThreeifbyLightning - 01-08-2016 02:42 PM

Would expect to see a lot of reairing/replays of previously broadcast games.

RE: American Sports Net going 24/7 starting Monday - BeliefBlazer - 01-08-2016 02:59 PM

Well they do already have a dancing competition.

RE: American Sports Net going 24/7 starting Monday - pilot172000 - 01-08-2016 03:01 PM

Hey I am all for it if I can get it. That's all I care about. I would rather give my money to a network that gives a rat's ass about my conference.

RE: American Sports Net going 24/7 starting Monday - Niner National - 01-08-2016 03:06 PM

Didn't they buy the Tennis Channel? Have to imagine that will eventually be where their 24/7 stuff lives.

RE: American Sports Net going 24/7 starting Monday - BeliefBlazer - 01-08-2016 03:08 PM

They were "in discussions" but I never heard anything else about it.

RE: American Sports Net going 24/7 starting Monday - bit_9 - 01-08-2016 03:17 PM

I'm good with that! I got the particular subscription I did with FiOS because it had ASN. Sadly it doesn't get CBSSN.

RE: American Sports Net going 24/7 starting Monday - Cyniclone - 01-08-2016 03:30 PM

Wonder if it'll be a true national feed, or one personalized to the city carrying it. Say there's two 7 p.m. games: Will one be designated the "national" game and the other sent off to whatever affiliates find space for it, as they do now, or will the Baltimore ASN feed get a different game from the Greensboro/Raleigh ASN feeds?

RE: American Sports Net going 24/7 starting Monday - Side Show Joe - 01-08-2016 06:53 PM

If this new 24 hour version of the ASN has a channel on Directv, Dish, Charter, and other satellite providers, as well as online access, then I'm fine with C-USA's next1st tier media deal being with them.

If their distribution has no additional exposure beyond what they have now, then they should not get our first tier rights. Right now, the ASN doesn't have enough distribution around the country.

RE: American Sports Net going 24/7 starting Monday - olliebaba - 01-08-2016 07:27 PM

I don't want to make a big deal about the quality of the telecast because at least I'll get to watch the Miners. Last night I did get to see it and I think it was the ASN network. After the loss I wish I hadn't, LOL. Anyway, I hope the quality of the telecast is better and not something that I used to see on national networks in the olden days which wasn't a very clear picture.