CSNbbs
ESPN announcer quotes that are anti-ACC - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: ESPN announcer quotes that are anti-ACC (/thread-764444.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

ESPN announcer quotes that are anti-ACC - Dasville - 12-26-2015 06:35 PM

Let's count them.02-13-banana

RE: ESPN announcer quotes that are anti-ACC - nole - 12-26-2015 07:57 PM

(12-26-2015 06:35 PM)Dasville Wrote:  Let's count them.02-13-banana

Makes you wonder why the ACC has it's TV contract with a network with a network that craps on it all the time. Doesn't it? And at what point will the ACC start to give a crap.

This conference is run by morons......and the whole conference seems to love how it's run. It's insanity.

RE: ESPN announcer quotes that are anti-ACC - cuseroc - 12-26-2015 08:04 PM

(12-26-2015 06:35 PM)Dasville Wrote:  Let's count them.02-13-banana

You just had to get these guys going.
05-nono

RE: ESPN announcer quotes that are anti-ACC - Dasville - 12-26-2015 08:09 PM

Yes I Did! 05-mafia

And bonafide 07-coffee3

You know how I feel!

RE: ESPN announcer quotes that are anti-ACC - ken d - 12-26-2015 08:31 PM

Just remember - paranoia will destroy ya.

RE: ESPN announcer quotes that are anti-ACC - Dasville - 12-26-2015 08:36 PM

ESPN announcer quotes that are anti-ACC - ren.hoek - 12-26-2015 08:55 PM

Winning makes it all go away.

RE: ESPN announcer quotes that are anti-ACC - Dasville - 12-26-2015 09:05 PM

(12-26-2015 08:31 PM)ken d Wrote:  Just remember - paranoia will destroy ya.

At some point, when everyone is against you, you realize who is for you.

RE: ESPN announcer quotes that are anti-ACC - Dasville - 12-26-2015 09:23 PM

Is this the ACC?

RE: ESPN announcer quotes that are anti-ACC - nole - 12-26-2015 11:14 PM

Small conference for small fan bases who are just happy to be here. Big East part 2.

RE: ESPN announcer quotes that are anti-ACC - Dr. Isaly von Yinzer - 12-27-2015 01:40 AM

So, by my count, we are still at zero?

This conference is a little like the Big East in that it is the most lightly regarded power conference.

I would say the biggest difference is that no Big East fan base whined nearly as much as these little ACC beotches do. The incessant crying really is embarrassing.

The ACC has an agreement with ESPN because the Worldwide Leader is its best bet for success. It has the most reach and the largest audience by far of any of the possible candidates. Where are we going to go? CBSSports? Fox? NBC Sports? Home Shopping Network? Some of you people are goofy. Seriously, an alarming number if you are well, nuts.

Let's step away from the kook mobile for a second and examine the facts. We won the national championship just two years ago. We qualified for the playoff last year, and we have the No. 1 seed in this year's tournament.

Clearly this disrespect has to come to an end because Reese Davis picked Indiana to beat Duke in a bowl game that no one gives a shitt about.

I am also a big hockey fan and the NHL pursued the strategy you are prescribing. How did ESPN react? They just pretend it doesn't exist. Honestly, the only time they really cover it is whenever there's some sort of nasty injury or a scandal or a big fight for something that can be a blackeye for the league.

That is exactly what they would do with the ACC. Do any of you rocket scientists want to be in that position, because I do not?

RE: ESPN announcer quotes that are anti-ACC - Dr. Isaly von Yinzer - 12-27-2015 02:02 AM

Finally, as for the small fan bases thing, that is absolutely right!

The league is made up of a lot of small private and semi-private schools. Even some of the public schools that are in the league are not giant land grant universities.

However, for the 10,000 time, that was also true in 1990 when Florida State originally chose the ACC over the SEC. It was right then when they decided that they would rather be a national contender in a smaller pond than an also around in a larger, more competitive pond.

Should you revisit that decision? I have no clue. That's entirely up to you. Who knows, maybe the SEC or the Big 12 would take you and you would live together in perfect harmony?

However, Boston College is always going to be Boston College and Duke is always going to be Duke no matter what. Whining and crying about it isn't going to change a thing. Also, the fans of those schools need not apologize to anyone for their approach and/or popularity. That is who they are and who they were when Florida State first met them.

This whole argument is so disingenuous and stupid it is almost unbelievable. It truly does feel like a put on at times.

Let me put this another way: Jimbo Fisher is going to continue to do slimy things and you lunatics are going to continue to make excuses for him until he eventually leaves for someplace else. At that point, he will become the biggest scum bag who has ever lived. I'm not going to get mad at any of that because that is just who you are. It would be like asking my dog not to bark and I'm getting angry with her when she invariably barks anyway.

For your own mental health, and for the health and happiness of everyone on here, why don't you focus on what we DO have going for us, rather than on what we DO NOT have going for us and likely never will?

RE: ESPN announcer quotes that are anti-ACC - jaminandjachin - 12-27-2015 08:54 AM

Who am I?

I make tons of money that will continue to grow with or without a new TV contract. I can recruit better than any of my conference brethrens and most teams in the country. If I don't stub my toe, I can guarantee top 10 finishes every year. I only have to beat Clemson to win my division. I've won 5 out of the last 6 against Florida. I've won 7 of the last 8 against the SEC. I won a national title 2 years ago and made it to the playoffs last year. Some of my fans complain about being in the ACC even though it's by far the best situation for me.

Who am I?

RE: ESPN announcer quotes that are anti-ACC - ken d - 12-27-2015 09:08 AM

(12-27-2015 02:02 AM)Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Wrote:  Finally, as for the small fan bases thing, that is absolutely right!

The league is made up of a lot of small private and semi-private schools. Even some of the public schools that are in the league are not giant land grant universities.

However, for the 10,000 time, that was also true in 1990 when Florida State originally chose the ACC over the SEC. It was right then when they decided that they would rather be a national contender in a smaller pond than an also around in a larger, more competitive pond.

Should you revisit that decision? I have no clue. That's entirely up to you. Who knows, maybe the SEC or the Big 12 would take you and you would live together in perfect harmony?

However, Boston College is always going to be Boston College and Duke is always going to be Duke no matter what. Whining and crying about it isn't going to change a thing. Also, the fans of those schools need not apologize to anyone for their approach and/or popularity. That is who they are and who they were when Florida State first met them.

This whole argument is so disingenuous and stupid it is almost unbelievable. It truly does feel like a put on at times.

Let me put this another way: Jimbo Fisher is going to continue to do slimy things and you lunatics are going to continue to make excuses for him until he eventually leaves for someplace else. At that point, he will become the biggest scum bag who has ever lived. I'm not going to get mad at any of that because that is just who you are. It would be like asking my dog not to bark and I'm getting angry with her when she invariably barks anyway.

For your own mental health, and for the health and happiness of everyone on here, why don't you focus on what we DO have going for us, rather than on what we DO NOT have going for us and likely never will?

I believe the decision is up to the university, and not its fans, which is why they are still in the ACC. I suspect they are as embarrassed by the attitude of some of the FSU football fan base as the league is. But they want to associate with the kind of schools the ACC has, and so they put up with the whining from their sorry-ass fans.

I like having Florida State in the ACC. But my feelings wouldn't be hurt if they left. Then, at least, ESPN would no longer be in second place on the list of those who are most critical of the ACC.

RE: ESPN announcer quotes that are anti-ACC - CardinalJim - 12-27-2015 12:24 PM

I would expect that many of the so-called "ACC whiners" here are not really ACC fans. Most likely they are fans of other programs and conferences that sign-up for some pseudo screen name here to post disparaging comments about the ACC here.

I know multiple WVU fans have been caught doing that here the last few years. One actually made up two accounts so he could make a comment than sign-on to the other account and agree with it.

Bottom line is some people take this s hit way too serious. The reality is these boards represent small percentages of every fan base. Take them for what they are: Entertainment. Try not to get to wrapped up in everything else.
CJ

RE: ESPN announcer quotes that are anti-ACC - TexanMark - 12-27-2015 12:43 PM

(12-27-2015 08:54 AM)jaminandjachin Wrote:  Who am I?

I make tons of money that will continue to grow with or without a new TV contract. I can recruit better than any of my conference brethrens and most teams in the country. If I don't stub my toe, I can guarantee top 10 finishes every year. I only have to beat Clemson to win my division. I've won 5 out of the last 6 against Florida. I've won 7 of the last 8 against the SEC. I won a national title 2 years ago and made it to the playoffs last year. Some of my fans complain about being in the ACC even though it's by far the best situation for me.

Who am I?

A whiny brat who feels entitled? 03-lmfao

RE: ESPN announcer quotes that are anti-ACC - ClemVegas - 12-27-2015 01:46 PM

Who am I?

Florida hasn't been a good program the past 5 or 6 years. Giving FSU credit for beating them is bit of a reach.

it is also not true that FSU 'only have to beat' Clemson to win their division. It is going to be more challenging without Winston at QB, and both FSU and Clemson have benefited from Miami and Virginia Tech both being down more than is likely to be the norm for them. If I'm not mistaken, NC State has the most wins over FSU the past 10 years.

RE: ESPN announcer quotes that are anti-ACC - jaminandjachin - 12-27-2015 02:14 PM

(12-27-2015 01:46 PM)ClemVegas Wrote:  

Who am I?

Florida hasn't been a good program the past 5 or 6 years. Giving FSU credit for beating them is bit of a reach.

it is also not true that FSU 'only have to beat' Clemson to win their division. It is going to be more challenging without Winston at QB, and both FSU and Clemson have benefited from Miami and Virginia Tech both being down more than is likely to be the norm for them. If I'm not mistaken, NC State has the most wins over FSU the past 10 years.

Go ask the fans of Florida and FSU if that game matters. Did it ever occur to you that FSU may have contributed to Florida slipping?

Until another program can beat FSU or Clemson on a semi regular basis in the Atlantic, it will always come down to those two. NC State hasn't beaten FSU since 2012 and that coach is gone.

RE: ESPN announcer quotes that are anti-ACC - ClemVegas - 12-27-2015 02:27 PM

oh well I think Louisville could win our division in the next few years.

RE: ESPN announcer quotes that are anti-ACC - jaminandjachin - 12-27-2015 02:31 PM

Until that happens, it's Clemson vs FSU period.