CSNbbs
Am I overeacting.... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Am I overeacting.... (/thread-764186.html)

Pages: 1 2

Am I overeacting.... - batman - 12-24-2015 08:35 AM

by being concerned over the FB team being given time off. I know it's the holidays, but then I read that Fuente did not give them such time off before the Miami Beach Bowl.

And there has been a lot happening surrounding the team: losing a coach, the hiring of a new coach and then we did not play that well down the stretch. I'm a little concerned of losing focus and coming out and laying an egg against Auburn.

RE: Am I overeacting.... - local - 12-24-2015 09:19 AM

Being concerned is normal, your title is overreacting.

RE: Am I overeacting.... - selleg1 - 12-24-2015 09:57 AM

(12-24-2015 08:35 AM)batman Wrote:  by being concerned over the FB team being given time off. I know it's the holidays, but then I read that Fuente did not give them such time off before the Miami Beach Bowl.

And there has been a lot happening surrounding the team: losing a coach, the hiring of a new coach and then we did not play that well down the stretch. I'm a little concerned of losing focus and coming out and laying an egg against Auburn.

The Miami Beach Bowl was two weeks after our last game. We couldn't afford to take any time off.

RE: Am I overeacting.... - Gray Avenger - 12-24-2015 09:57 AM

(12-24-2015 08:35 AM)batman Wrote:  by being concerned over the FB team being given time off. I know it's the holidays, but then I read that Fuente did not give them such time off before the Miami Beach Bowl.....

I appreciate your concern and vigilance, but you can relax. Darrell Dickey addressed this in a radio interview about a week ago. The main difference is that this year we have an extra 9 days due to the later date of the Birmingham Bowl. Dickey also mentioned his philosophy that bowl games are supposed to be a reward for the players and that they should not be overworked. We are getting at least as much preparation this year - it's just spaced out over a longer period. I agree with the approach.

RE: Am I overeacting.... - Mimi - 12-24-2015 11:10 AM

Auburn has been off too.
Bowl games...normal stuff. When pretty evenly matched, the team that handles the layoff and the distractions the best likely wins.

RE: Am I overeacting.... - M1T4 - 12-24-2015 03:52 PM

The team almost had a month of preparation.They have to heal. They eat, sleep, breathe, and get tired and hurt just like we do. They are humans and not machines.

RE: Am I overeacting.... - tigerjamesc - 12-24-2015 04:12 PM

(12-24-2015 03:52 PM)M1T4 Wrote:  The team almost had a month of preparation.They have to heal. They eat, sleep, breathe, and get tired and hurt just like we do. They are humans and not machines.

Now there's an idea! Have the engineering school develop cyborg parts for the football team! P5 in a heartbeat baby! (Is there an NCAA rule against half-men, half-machines?)

RE: Am I overeacting.... - TigerBill - 12-24-2015 04:45 PM

You are not over-reacting, you are under-reacting.

RE: Am I overeacting.... - Tiger87 - 12-24-2015 07:37 PM

There are many different ways to practice for bowl games. Only restrictions I know are that you only get 2 contact practices per week. Most schools take Finals week off. Many take a Christmas break.

I think it will be fine.

RE: Am I overeacting.... - Brother Bluto - 12-28-2015 11:04 AM

(12-24-2015 07:37 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  There are many different ways to practice for bowl games. Only restrictions I know are that you only get 2 contact practices per week. Most schools take Finals week off. Many take a Christmas break.

I think it will be fine.

Yep. They were off Tuesday's and Thursday's before the break.

RE: Am I overeacting.... - Tiger46 - 12-28-2015 02:15 PM

(12-24-2015 08:35 AM)batman Wrote:  by being concerned over the FB team being given time off. I know it's the holidays, but then I read that Fuente did not give them such time off before the Miami Beach Bowl.

I'm more concerned because Fuente and others that have pulled the strings these last two years won't be in charge.

Hope the players can put all that behind them and be pumped to play Auburn. We should be healthy.

RE: Am I overeacting.... - MGR - 12-28-2015 02:58 PM

I wonder if Wolo will be rusty? I know he is on basketball.....but that is really apples/oranges.

I've heard reports of him spending a lot of time on the golf course lately.

RE: Am I overeacting.... - Brother Bluto - 12-28-2015 03:01 PM

(12-28-2015 02:58 PM)MGR Wrote:  I wonder if Wolo will be rusty? I know he is on basketball.....but that is really apples/oranges.

I've heard reports of him spending a lot of time on the golf course lately.

Just let the season play out. Wolo will be fine.

RE: Am I overeacting.... - M1T4 - 12-28-2015 03:05 PM

(12-28-2015 02:15 PM)Tiger46 Wrote:  

I'm more concerned because Fuente and others that have pulled the strings these last two years won't be in charge.

Hope the players can put all that behind them and be pumped to play Auburn. We should be healthy.
I expect the mental toughness Fuente installed to help them

RE: Am I overeacting.... - Tiger87 - 12-28-2015 10:11 PM

(12-28-2015 02:58 PM)MGR Wrote:  I wonder if Wolo will be rusty?

How could we tell?

Re: RE: Am I overeacting.... - SmokyTiger - 12-29-2015 06:48 AM

(12-28-2015 10:11 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  
(12-28-2015 02:58 PM)MGR Wrote:  I wonder if Wolo will be rusty?

How could we tell?

RE: Am I overeacting.... - HungryTiger901 - 12-29-2015 08:02 AM

The only thing that makes me nervous is Malzahn and his gadgets and gimmicks.

We don't handle gadgets and gimmicks very well in our secondary.

RE: Am I overeacting.... - presskh - 12-29-2015 08:19 AM

(12-29-2015 08:02 AM)HungryTiger901 Wrote:  The only thing that makes me nervous is Malzahn and his gadgets and gimmicks.

We don't handle gadgets and gimmicks very well in our secondary.

Luckily, Auburn doesn't have a great passing QB. On the other hand, neither did Navy and they completed at least one TD bomb with ease. I expect this to be a very tough game to win. Auburn may not be great by SEC West standards but they have very good athletes and could simply overpower our team. Lynch will have to have another Ole Miss-type game for us to win.

RE: Am I overeacting.... - batman - 12-29-2015 08:26 AM

I'm just hoping the layoff just not adversely affect us. I think we've had to overachieve in order to have the success we've had. Auburn was not any good this year, but they could possibly overwhelm the good Tigers. We all know the struggles on defense this year.

Rain is in the forecast, so that may level the playing field a bit.

RE: Am I overeacting.... - Tiger87 - 12-29-2015 09:55 PM

(12-29-2015 08:26 AM)batman Wrote:  I'm just hoping the layoff just not adversely affect us. I think we've had to overachieve in order to have the success we've had. Auburn was not any good this year, but they could possibly overwhelm the good Tigers. We all know the struggles on defense this year.

Rain is in the forecast, so that may level the playing field a bit.

Overachieve? We should have won 2 more games than we did. We had the best kicker in the nation and he had a fluke miss, or no telling where we would be playing our bowl.