CSNbbs
MAC Bowl performance.....look on the bright side - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: MAC Bowl performance.....look on the bright side (/thread-764140.html)

MAC Bowl performance.....look on the bright side - bigdhuskie - 12-23-2015 08:20 PM

Hey, the MAC is 2-2 so far in bowl action. Still got BGSU, W. Michigan and C. Michigan.......Let's GO MAC!!
OK, this won't diminish the pain caused by the NIU meltdown

RE: MAC Bowl performance.....look on the bright side - toddjnsn - 12-23-2015 08:29 PM

http://ifirstrowus.eu/watch/397692/4/watch-bowling-green-vs-georgia-southern.html

Watch out for adware. Click on the small 'x' to close ads in front of it... beware of bombardment of ads & popups. Fight thru it, and you can see the game!

Piped thru ESPN in Europe.

GA-Southern up 7-0. Not good so far.

RE: MAC Bowl performance.....look on the bright side - Huskie_Jon - 12-24-2015 08:53 PM

The Huskies will not lose any more games this year. How's that for optimism?

RE: MAC Bowl performance.....look on the bright side - dekalb222 - 12-24-2015 11:39 PM

Depending on how you look at it, the NIU basketball team already has more wins than the football team and its not even X-MAS yet!

RE: MAC Bowl performance.....look on the bright side - Huskie_Jon - 12-26-2015 10:36 PM

I remember when it would have been impossible for the MAC to win two bowl games in one season. To win two bowl games, you need to send teams to at least two bowl games.

RE: MAC Bowl performance.....look on the bright side - NIUSox10 - 12-26-2015 10:52 PM

(12-26-2015 10:36 PM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  I remember when it would have been impossible for the MAC to win two bowl games in one season. To win two bowl games, you need to send teams to at least two bowl games.

But now there are 30+ bowl games, so its all relative. If any team with a 6-6 record gets in, not that impressive if the MAC wins 2, 3, or 4.

RE: MAC Bowl performance.....look on the bright side - brandsxb - 12-27-2015 12:21 AM

This was painful. We need to re-think this bowl thing. Did the school lose money on this game?

RE: MAC Bowl performance.....look on the bright side - Huskie_Jon - 12-27-2015 05:54 AM

(12-26-2015 10:52 PM)NIUSox10 Wrote:  
(12-26-2015 10:36 PM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  I remember when it would have been impossible for the MAC to win two bowl games in one season. To win two bowl games, you need to send teams to at least two bowl games.

But now there are 30+ bowl games, so its all relative. If any team with a 6-6 record gets in, not that impressive if the MAC wins 2, 3, or 4.

Did anyone catch that Chicken Farm Bowl (or whatever it was called), which had 8-4 UCLA vs 5-7 Nebraska? There was almost noone at the game, and the game was played right in California. You can not exactly blame that on small fan bases. Had those teams met in the Rose Bowl, they would have sold out one of the biggest stadiums in the country.

They are not fooling anyone.

RE: MAC Bowl performance.....look on the bright side - uclabruin - 12-27-2015 09:07 AM

The bowls I think are now big made for TV events, just like MACTION, or whatever it is called. It is not about butts in the seats anymore, but about a four hour (cause that is how long all these games go) sponsorship of air time with a game being played at some random location. Would be nice to see an actual money breakdown of where it all goes and who is making what. Planning on the midnight countdown to 2016 coinciding with the clock winding down in a game winning drive in the Alabama Michigan State game.

MAC Bowl performance.....look on the bright side - thxjoenovak - 12-27-2015 09:48 AM

(12-27-2015 09:07 AM)uclabruin Wrote:  The bowls I think are now big made for TV events, just like MACTION, or whatever it is called. It is not about butts in the seats anymore, but about a four hour (cause that is how long all these games go) sponsorship of air time with a game being played at some random location. Would be nice to see an actual money breakdown of where it all goes and who is making what. Planning on the midnight countdown to 2016 coinciding with the clock winding down in a game winning drive in the Alabama Michigan State game.

+1

Yep. It's "content" that is used to sell commercials with all sorts of "promos" throughout the telecast.

Somehow these "stadiums" need to be compensated for hosting because for most of them the ticket sales aren't nearly enough.

RE: MAC Bowl performance.....look on the bright side - DiehardHuskie - 12-27-2015 11:41 AM

(12-27-2015 09:07 AM)uclabruin Wrote:  The bowls I think are now big made for TV events, just like MACTION, or whatever it is called. It is not about butts in the seats anymore, but about a four hour (cause that is how long all these games go) sponsorship of air time with a game being played at some random location. Would be nice to see an actual money breakdown of where it all goes and who is making what. Planning on the midnight countdown to 2016 coinciding with the clock winding down in a game winning drive in the Alabama Michigan State game.

03-lmfao that's what it's coming to, for sure.

MAC Bowl performance.....look on the bright side - Dog Fan - 12-27-2015 03:02 PM

(12-27-2015 11:41 AM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  

After the bowl in Detroit, I don't give a rat's arse what happens in college football anymore this season.

RE: MAC Bowl performance.....look on the bright side - MaddDawgz02 - 12-27-2015 05:15 PM

(12-27-2015 03:02 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(12-27-2015 11:41 AM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  

After the bowl in Detroit, I don't give a rat's arse what happens in college football anymore this season.

+1 an already meaningless bowl season loses any glimmer of entertainment for me when NIU loses

RE: MAC Bowl performance.....look on the bright side - Skinut - 12-27-2015 05:30 PM

So now we've gone from despondence to "it's meaningless" again. Dude, you can't have it both ways.

Still, "Always look on the bright side of life. . .whistle, whistle, whistle, whistle. . ."

MAC Bowl performance.....look on the bright side - Dog Fan - 12-27-2015 05:41 PM

(12-27-2015 05:30 PM)Skinut Wrote:  So now we've gone from despondence to "it's meaningless" again. Dude, you can't have it both ways.

Still, "Always look on the bright side of life. . .whistle, whistle, whistle, whistle. . ."

I thought it was "row, row, row..."

RE: MAC Bowl performance.....look on the bright side - Skinut - 12-27-2015 06:25 PM

(12-27-2015 05:41 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(12-27-2015 05:30 PM)Skinut Wrote:  So now we've gone from despondence to "it's meaningless" again. Dude, you can't have it both ways.

I thought it was "row, row, row..."

+1