CSNbbs
Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University (/thread-763820.html)

Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - WolfBird - 06-27-2017 12:34 PM

(06-27-2017 12:24 PM)AZcats Wrote:  That just seems like a lot of dead space where there could be opportunity. I was watching a game, don't remember where it was played, and they have what looked like cabanas in the endzone area that are sold like luxury boxes. I think the announcers were calling it the tailgate section. Have it elevated like the rendering shows extending back over the RF seats and make it a large party plaza.

Dead usable space is a staple of GSU football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - Golota - 06-27-2017 02:43 PM

(06-27-2017 12:34 PM)WolfBird Wrote:  
(06-27-2017 12:24 PM)AZcats Wrote:  That just seems like a lot of dead space where there could be opportunity. I was watching a game, don't remember where it was played, and they have what looked like cabanas in the endzone area that are sold like luxury boxes. I think the announcers were calling it the tailgate section. Have it elevated like the rendering shows extending back over the RF seats and make it a large party plaza.

Mississippi State or Ole Miss some nice ones. ULM rents them in the end zone and you can bring your own food and drinks .

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - BullsFanInTX - 06-27-2017 02:56 PM

I love this project and commend Ga State for it. I still say, however, that the field alignment should have been down the first base line and not the third base line. This would have allowed for total use of all the upper deck seats, and they wouldn't have been far away from the field like the current right field is now.

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - bullitt_60 - 06-27-2017 03:08 PM

(06-27-2017 02:56 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  I love this project and commend Ga State for it. I still say, however, that the field alignment should have been down the first base line and not the third base line. This would have allowed for total use of all the upper deck seats, and they wouldn't have been far away from the field like the current right field is now.

The stands at the Ted were symmetrical, so I'm confused at what the difference would be? I believe they chose the N-S orientation so that the facilities in left field could be repurposed.

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - panama - 06-27-2017 04:13 PM

I say build a grandstand over it. We have suites and are building loge boxes in the corners. That and there are thousands of square feet in the plazas and around the stadium of builsable space for amanities. Lower Level RF would be awkward in that you would be unable to see the game.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - panama - 06-27-2017 04:14 PM

That sure seems like trying to hard at a joke that is not there.

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - AirRaidTrojan - 06-27-2017 04:14 PM

The 755 Club is in left, so I am sure they wanted to use it. Why build a brand new club level when there is a perfectly good one available?

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - panama - 06-27-2017 04:15 PM

(06-27-2017 12:28 PM)troutbummike Wrote:  65 days.
Indeed. Cannot wait.

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - panama - 06-27-2017 04:17 PM

(06-27-2017 02:56 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  I love this project and commend Ga State for it. I still say, however, that the field alignment should have been down the first base line and not the third base line. This would have allowed for total use of all the upper deck seats, and they wouldn't have been far away from the field like the current right field is now.
Would have been odd and would have been one of the few east west alignments in football. I still say give it time.

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - panama - 06-27-2017 04:18 PM

(06-27-2017 02:43 PM)Golota Wrote:  

Mississippi State or Ole Miss some nice ones. ULM rents them in the end zone and you can bring your own food and drinks .
Isn't stAte doing something similar with a tailgate area with provided tents?

Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - WolfBird - 06-27-2017 04:23 PM

(06-27-2017 04:18 PM)panama Wrote:  
(06-27-2017 02:43 PM)Golota Wrote:  

Isn't stAte doing something similar with a tailgate area with provided tents?

No, I think you’re confused.

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - panama - 06-27-2017 04:57 PM

Oh yeah...you're the water feature guys.

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - Oldyeller - 06-27-2017 08:02 PM

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Georgia-State-University-police-chief-charged-with-DUI-431007523.html

I've just shared this lovely tidbit with my daughter who''s contemplating law and this dreadful institution. I think we're in the clear. 01-ncaabbs

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - TrueBlueDrew - 06-27-2017 09:04 PM

(06-27-2017 08:02 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Georgia-State-University-police-chief-charged-with-DUI-431007523.html

I've just shared this lovely tidbit with my daughter who''s contemplating law and this dreadful institution. I think we're in the clear. 01-ncaabbs

Law school at State? That just sounds self destructive

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - itsmeagain - 06-27-2017 09:05 PM

(06-27-2017 08:02 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Georgia-State-University-police-chief-charged-with-DUI-431007523.html

Hey if you wanna prevent your daughter from going to one of the best law schools/the best value for money law schools in the country because of a rivalry, go ahead. She's the one missing out, not the school.

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - panama - 06-27-2017 09:56 PM

The fact that someone could even try and make any tangental link between a DUI and a law school is incredible. LOL.

Maybe if he was law Dean?

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - troutbummike - 06-27-2017 09:58 PM

Better Call Saul.

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - panama - 06-27-2017 10:04 PM

Trolls running out material . LOL

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - troutbummike - 06-27-2017 10:24 PM

(06-27-2017 10:04 PM)panama Wrote:  Trolls running out material . LOL

Nah. I just like Better Call Saul. If I were to troll I'd say 98-6.

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - troutbummike - 06-27-2017 10:58 PM

(06-27-2017 04:15 PM)panama Wrote:  
(06-27-2017 12:28 PM)troutbummike Wrote:  65 days.
Indeed. Cannot wait.

I bet you guys finish before we get one scoreboard up.