CSNbbs
Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University (/thread-763820.html)

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - Ewglenn - 03-27-2017 09:20 PM

I have App in my Tier 1. That place is a special stadium.

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - TrueBlueDrew - 03-27-2017 09:39 PM

(03-27-2017 09:20 PM)Ewglenn Wrote:  I have App in my Tier 1. That place is a special stadium.

I worry about the mental health of some of the people on this board

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - Bobcat2013 - 03-28-2017 06:39 AM

(03-27-2017 09:39 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  
(03-27-2017 09:20 PM)Ewglenn Wrote:  I have App in my Tier 1. That place is a special stadium.

Look the only two Sun Belt stadiums I've seen in person are TXST's and ULL's, I'm sure if App, or anyone, were our rivals we'd hate to admit that their stadium is better than ours too. But I'm sure most non GS fans on here would agree that without the track, hell I think that even with the track, Apps got a nicer facility than y'all. It just looks really pretty tucked into those trees.

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - BeliefBlazer - 03-28-2017 07:09 AM

I've been to Appalachian State, Troy, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Coastal Carolina, and South Alabama in the last 2 years. Kidd Brewer would be tops for me, despite the track. Setting and crowd obviously affect how you perceive a stadium on game day.

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - TrueBlueDrew - 03-28-2017 08:00 AM

(03-28-2017 06:39 AM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  

Look the only two Sun Belt stadiums I've seen in person are TXST's and ULL's, I'm sure if App, or anyone, were our rivals we'd hate to admit that their stadium is better than ours too. But I'm sure most non GS fans on here would agree that without the track, hell I think that even with the track, Apps got a nicer facility than y'all. It just looks really pretty tucked into those trees.

I was being objective and not taking our rivalry into account when I was thinking about my order. I was only taking into account things like symmetry, capacity, and up-to-date features. If everyone on this board has a hardon for Apps stadium because it's on a mountain, that's great and all but scenery or location aren't part of the stadium itself. Without the background, Apps stadium is a tier 2 erector set with one of the lowest capacities in the SBC and a high school style track on the field.

And before the app fans come talking about their attendance record: a big green hill for fans to overflow into is not part of a stadium, it's landscaping.

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - JCGSU - 03-28-2017 08:03 AM

(03-27-2017 02:23 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Get those rankings in now before the track is gone eagles.

You going to replace all that FCS erector set stands and suites with an FBS re do as well? Your scenery is second to none but there is no long term hope for your stadium.

I agree we are tier 2 until the home side is done but when it is all but TXST will be able to say they are nicer when it is all said and done.

To me it is TXST and everybody else depending on how GaSt turns out but it will always be a bit funky. I just looked at everyone elses, ULL is legit, ArkSt has potential but the visitor side needs work like our home side does.

USA will be able to start from scratch and I have a feeling they are going to end up being neck and neck with TXST if they dont go erector set cheap like CCU is. Since we were set up as a bowl initially we basically will be starting from scratch on the home side like the visitor was. Our FOC is on par with any G5 and most a ton of P5 schools as well.

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - Saint3333 - 03-28-2017 08:59 AM

The tower behind the west side stands is 7 stories and 110,000 sq. ft. of quality facilities. Feel free to peek inside the athletic center, sounds like you've never seen the inside of the place:

http://www.appstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=204989211&DB_OEM_ID=21500&DB_OEM_ID=21500

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - EigenEagle - 03-28-2017 09:28 AM

Haven't been to most of the Sun Belt stadiums, but if we're going to make backdrop and the surrounding area a big consideration I doubt anyone is going to beat Boone between the mountain setting and all the shops are restaurants within walking distance of the stadium.

I give Paulson the edge because it now has a larger capacity, doesn't have the clay-colored track, doesn't have the "erector set" stands, and is now about equal in atmosphere (only a few thousand behind App State in attendance in spite of a disappointing season, more weekday home games, and a less attractive home slate).

That is my criteria for stadium evaluation, but it doesn't have to be yours.

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - TrueBlueDrew - 03-28-2017 09:53 AM

(03-28-2017 08:59 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  The tower behind the west side stands is 7 stories and 110,000 sq. ft. of quality facilities. Feel free to peek inside the athletic center, sounds like you've never seen the inside of the place:

http://www.appstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=204989211&DB_OEM_ID=21500&DB_OEM_ID=21500

Lol do you think other FBS schools don't already have those things and more?

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - Usajags - 03-28-2017 10:09 AM

It took 153 pages, but GaSo and App St finally made this thread about them.

04-cheers

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - Ewglenn - 03-28-2017 10:36 AM

Just because app isn't symmetrical doesn't mean they don't have a nice stadium. I think GS fans are just salty that no one likes their stadium. Sucks to suck.

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - AppinVA - 03-28-2017 10:59 AM

(03-28-2017 08:00 AM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  
(03-28-2017 06:39 AM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  

I was being objective and not taking our rivalry into account when I was thinking about my order. I was only taking into account things like symmetry, capacity, and up-to-date features. If everyone on this board has a hardon for Apps stadium because it's on a mountain, that's great and all but scenery or location aren't part of the stadium itself. Without the background, Apps stadium is a tier 2 erector set with one of the lowest capacities in the SBC and a high school style track on the field.

And before the app fans come talking about their attendance record: a big green hill for fans to overflow into is not part of a stadium, it's landscaping.

Sorry. I'm a traditionalist. I don't listen to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving, and I don't get into off-season stadium **** measuring contests until June.

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - TrueBlueDrew - 03-28-2017 11:06 AM

(03-28-2017 10:36 AM)Ewglenn Wrote:  Just because app isn't symmetrical doesn't mean they don't have a nice stadium. I think GS fans are just salty that no one likes their stadium. Sucks to suck.

I really don't give a hoot what anyone else thinks especially if you've never been to any other SBC stadiums. I do have a problem with the idea that a stadium is only as good as its location. I can take a s*** on the side of a mountain too. Is it any more valuable than anyone else's s***? No, it's still a piece of s***. If the view from the stadium is the only thing that matters, then coastal shouldn't even bother renovating because your stadium will still be trash located next to a highway.

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - panama - 03-28-2017 11:18 AM

(03-27-2017 09:02 AM)Usajags Wrote:  I just wish I had a stadium so I could participate in this fight....

I say this yearly. I love Ladd.

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - Bobcat2013 - 03-28-2017 11:32 AM

I don't get all the fuss about "erector set" stands, not even really sure what that means, when most SBC stadiums that are concrete have exposed concrete that to me look pretty bad from the exterior. Heck even Baylor has the top level of stands exposed to I-35 and I think that looks bad. Like they couldn't add an extra 5% to the facade.

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - Usajags - 03-28-2017 11:41 AM

(03-28-2017 11:18 AM)panama Wrote:  
(03-27-2017 09:02 AM)Usajags Wrote:  I just wish I had a stadium so I could participate in this fight....

I say this yearly. I love Ladd.

I have a lot of great memories in that old stadium. Growing up going to high school games and Senior Bowls, the tailgating in the parking lot, was all great. Unfortunately now I don't live in Mobile and I have kids that keep me busy and away from Mobile in the fall.

I just want an OCS, the campus has had so much construction over the last 10 years, doesn't even look like the campus I attended in the mid-90's.

I would like to see the Senior Bowl and DG Bowl stay at Ladd.

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - Saint3333 - 03-28-2017 12:00 PM

(03-28-2017 09:53 AM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  
(03-28-2017 08:59 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  The tower behind the west side stands is 7 stories and 110,000 sq. ft. of quality facilities. Feel free to peek inside the athletic center, sounds like you've never seen the inside of the place:

Lol do you think other FBS schools don't already have those things and more?

If you're changing the subject from SBC to all of FBS, kudos to you.

Our tower has as nice of facilities as anyone in conference.

Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - TheOriginalBigApp - 03-28-2017 01:23 PM

(03-28-2017 10:09 AM)Usajags Wrote:  It took 153 pages, but GaSo and App St finally made this thread about them.

04-cheers

You're welcome :laughing:

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - panama - 03-28-2017 02:55 PM

[Image: C7uTj_0XUAAMS7d.jpg]

[Image: C7uTj_oX0AE0mj7.jpg]

[Image: C7uTj_wXUAA4ok3.jpg]

RE: Turner Field to be sold to Georgia State University - panama - 03-28-2017 02:56 PM

[Image: C7jjmhXVYAAUxpS.jpg]

[Image: C7jjmhXVwAA9Qo1.jpg]

[Image: C7jjmhXVQAAm5hN.jpg]

[Image: C7jjmhXV4AEQiDE.jpg]