CSNbbs
Interesting hire for BGSU... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Interesting hire for BGSU... (/thread-762282.html)

Interesting hire for BGSU... - NIU32 - 12-08-2015 09:01 PM

Mike Jinks, RB coach at Texas Tech

Ian Kenyon Retweeted
David Arnold ‏@DavidArnoldCFB 21m21 minutes ago

Mike Jinks was rumored to be new UTSA Offensive Coordinator. Instead he's now a HC at a D1 school.

What the hell kind of hire is that.
1 retweet 1 like

FootballScoop Staff ‏@FootballScoop 2m2 minutes ago

Quick look at Mike Jinks… 4 years removed from TX HS coach…now head coach at Bowling Green

Ian Kenyon ‏@IanKenyonNFL 10m10 minutes ago

Mike Jinks (Texas Tech RB coach) hired as Dino Babers' replacement. I'm hopeful, but yikes... that's a huge step down.

Also some very positive tweets saying the players love him and he will do great, just very little experience. Didnt see BGSU going this route, ill be intrigued to see how he does

RE: Interesting hire for BGSU... - bigdhuskie - 12-08-2015 09:41 PM

(12-08-2015 09:01 PM)NIU32 Wrote:  Mike Jinks, RB coach at Texas Tech

Ian Kenyon Retweeted

Mike Jinks was rumored to be new UTSA Offensive Coordinator. Instead he's now a HC at a D1 school.

1 retweet 1 like

Quick look at Mike Jinks… 4 years removed from TX HS coach…now head coach at Bowling Green

Mike Jinks (Texas Tech RB coach) hired as Dino Babers' replacement. I'm hopeful, but yikes... that's a huge step down.

Also some very positive tweets saying the players love him and he will do great, just very little experience. Didnt see BGSU going this route, ill be intrigued to see how he does

that's an interesting choice for BGSU......yes Jinks coached 16 yrs. at the HS level in Texas. I wonder if he brings any Tx Tech staff with him. Also, he put his name in the hat for the North Texas U. job.

RE: Interesting hire for BGSU... - HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN - 12-08-2015 09:42 PM

Ian Kenyon Retweeted

1 retweet 1 like

They wanted a PJ like hire 03-lmfao

RE: Interesting hire for BGSU... - NIU007 - 12-08-2015 11:06 PM

ROW THE, UH, STEER?

RE: Interesting hire for BGSU... - thehappyhuskie - 12-08-2015 11:44 PM

(12-08-2015 11:06 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  ROW THE, UH, STEER?

bowl the green? 03-no03-no03-no

RE: Interesting hire for BGSU... - The Frisky Biscuit - 12-09-2015 12:18 AM

(12-08-2015 09:42 PM)HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Wrote:  

Ian Kenyon Retweeted

1 retweet 1 like

They wanted a PJ like hire 03-lmfao

Texas Tech's coach has a lot of PJ in him....maybe his disciples do too?

RE: Interesting hire for BGSU... - HuskiePride12 - 12-09-2015 12:24 AM

Why not take a risk on someone like Sarkasian at that point. Assistant coach and not even a coordinator from somewhere that is a lot different/far away from Ohio doesn't make a lot of sense.

RE: Interesting hire for BGSU... - The Frisky Biscuit - 12-09-2015 12:26 AM

If BG starts getting Texas talent, look out.

This also shows that BG still doesn't care about defense, ha. And thus they have Big 12 aspirations.

RE: Interesting hire for BGSU... - NIU007 - 12-09-2015 11:38 AM

They're not going to have Matt Johnson next year so they'll probably be worse going forward through no fault of the new coach.

RE: Interesting hire for BGSU... - cartershaw - 12-09-2015 11:43 AM

Hard to argue with BGSU past 2 hires though...Clawson went to WF and Babers is now at Syracuse.... That is on par with NIU and Kill and DD...

He was also associate head coach(may just be a title)...

RE: Interesting hire for BGSU... - Huskie_Jon - 12-09-2015 11:55 AM

The better your new coach's resume, the sooner he will move on to greener pastures. Look at Doeren, who was only here two years, or Kill who was here three years before moving on up.

Rod Carey's pre-NIU resume was not nearly as big, and he is still here. I think BG and WMU are expecting their new coaches to stick around awhile.

RE: Interesting hire for BGSU... - The Frisky Biscuit - 12-09-2015 12:14 PM

(12-09-2015 11:55 AM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  The better your new coach's resume, the sooner he will move on to greener pastures. Look at Doeren, who was only here two years, or Kill who was here three years before moving on up.

Rod Carey's pre-NIU resume was not nearly as big, and he is still here. I think BG and WMU are expecting their new coaches to stick around awhile.

That's a gamble. I'd rather catch a star on the rise than wait for a young coach to figure it out because I want them to stay longer.

RE: Interesting hire for BGSU... - blackhawk - 12-09-2015 03:21 PM

Bottom feeding.

And, watch... his recruits will ranked higher than ours.

If I were a Falcon fanatic...I'd be a lot miffed.

And, then...watch again...he'll be up for a head coaching job at Power 5, a few years from now.

RE: Interesting hire for BGSU... - HuskieJohn - 12-09-2015 03:52 PM

The twitter said he was on his way to be the UTSA OC until he got this call.

RE: Interesting hire for BGSU... - The Frisky Biscuit - 12-10-2015 01:14 AM

(12-09-2015 03:52 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  The twitter said he was on his way to be the UTSA OC until he got this call.

Ooooh, another PJ similarity!