CSNbbs
Which away team brought the most fans to your stadium? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Which away team brought the most fans to your stadium? (/thread-761877.html)

Which away team brought the most fans to your stadium? - EagNBran - 12-06-2015 03:04 PM

I'm just curious as to which fanbase brings the most to away games and if it has any correlation to distance. You can list your OOC, your Conference, or both.

For USM, Mississippi State brought the most by far, but that's not surprising considering we're in the same state and the size of their fanbase.

In conference, it was probably UTSA. When we host La Tech, they bring the most because of distance, but our home games in conference were:

North Texas (bad team, no interest from their fans)
UTEP (So far away)
UTSA (Still far, but had a decent interest from fans at the time)
ODU (far away and didn't bring many)

So what about everyone else?

RE: Which away team brought the most fans to your stadium? - Ole Blue - 12-06-2015 03:14 PM

GA TECH by far brought the most. WKU usually brings a good number and Marshall did as well a few years back.

RE: Which away team brought the most fans to your stadium? - 49RFootballNow - 12-06-2015 03:30 PM

Marshall. Otherwise no one else seemed all that impressive, if you discount So. Miss's band.

RE: Which away team brought the most fans to your stadium? - winston70 - 12-06-2015 04:26 PM

I think USM brought more than Southern but both had nice showings in Ruston

RE: Which away team brought the most fans to your stadium? - lmckay92 - 12-06-2015 04:56 PM

Purdue I'm betting.

RE: Which away team brought the most fans to your stadium? - deb025 - 12-06-2015 04:57 PM

(12-06-2015 04:26 PM)winston70 Wrote:  I think USM brought more than Southern but both had nice showings in Ruston

Not even close. Southern's crowd was two or three times larger than the S. Miss crowd. Southern probably had as many fans outside of the stadium barbequing during the game than what S. Miss brought all together. ULL also brought more fans to the game. Of course they all left at halftime because of the score. S. Miss did have the third largest crowd though. Out of those three teams S. Miss had the longest to travel. I look forward to going to Hattiesburg next year.

RE: Which away team brought the most fans to your stadium? - Dawgxas - 12-06-2015 05:23 PM

Southern brought the most and ULL brought considerably more fans than Southern Miss but USM had very good showing.

RE: Which away team brought the most fans to your stadium? - Dawgxas - 12-06-2015 05:25 PM

(12-06-2015 04:57 PM)deb025 Wrote:  
(12-06-2015 04:26 PM)winston70 Wrote:  I think USM brought more than Southern but both had nice showings in Ruston

Not even close. Southern's crowd was two or three times larger than the S. Miss crowd. Southern probably had as many fans outside of the stadium barbequing during the game than what S. Miss brought all together. ULL also brought more fans to the game. Of course they all left at halftime because of the score. S. Miss did have the third largest crowd though. Out of those three teams S. Miss had the longest to travel. I look forward to going to Hattiesburg next year.

03-lmfao Tech needs to try to schedule Southern every few years at the beginning of the season

RE: Which away team brought the most fans to your stadium? - NTTHOR - 12-06-2015 06:03 PM

Utep...utsa brought a decent amount, but I believe it was utep...they have a large contingent of alumni in the metroplex

RE: Which away team brought the most fans to your stadium? - BeliefBlazer - 12-07-2015 09:24 AM

(12-06-2015 05:25 PM)Dawgxas Wrote:  03-lmfao Tech needs to try to schedule Southern every few years at the beginning of the season

I love when UAB schedules Alabama A&M or Alabama State. Great tailgate, great band, and just good fans.

RE: Which away team brought the most fans to your stadium? - goherd24herdfans - 12-07-2015 09:34 AM

Purdue. In conference, no one really stands out but id vote usm. Tailgated with austin davis' parents for a bit a couple yars back.

RE: Which away team brought the most fans to your stadium? - ExcitedOwl18 - 12-07-2015 10:51 AM

Army brought the most this year, and they would have brought even more had it not been a monsoon. In conference, Southern Miss and LA Tech both brought a decent amount, maybe 1500 if I had to guess. WKU had less than I expected, and Charlotte about what I expected (~100).

RE: Which away team brought the most fans to your stadium? - shiftyeagle - 12-07-2015 10:59 AM

(12-07-2015 09:34 AM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  Purdue. In conference, no one really stands out but id vote usm. Tailgated with austin davis' parents for a bit a couple yars back.

Davis family are some good folks.