CSNbbs
If Houston could have beaten U Conn - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: If Houston could have beaten U Conn (/thread-761833.html)

Pages: 1 2

If Houston could have beaten U Conn - dcg141 - 12-06-2015 11:26 AM

Man...they would have a solid argument to get in.

RE: If Houston could have beaten U Conn - vcoog - 12-06-2015 11:31 AM

MAYBE if alabama and Clem both would have lost. And we would have beaten UConn something could have happened. But I really think if we would have beaten uconn wed be sitting around 8 or 9 tops.

RE: If Houston could have beaten U Conn - BigEastHomer - 12-06-2015 11:34 AM

It would have been fun. Props to the Huskies for the W. It's incredibly difficult to run the table and Houston has overcome so many injuries this year. The stars really needed to align to win them all.

RE: If Houston could have beaten U Conn - TforTempleU - 12-06-2015 11:38 AM

No, they would not have gotten in. And that isn't a slight on Houston. If we went undefeated we wouldn't have gotten in, neither would Navy, and neither would Memphis.

RE: If Houston could have beaten U Conn - Bull - 12-06-2015 11:43 AM

But at least our teams, particularly Memphis, were in the discussion mid season about making the playoffs. That matters. Yeah it may be tougher for us, but its at least seen in the media as a reasonable possibility or worthy of consideration.

We are closer to the P5 than we are to the G4...

RE: If Houston could have beaten U Conn - BigEastHomer - 12-06-2015 11:45 AM

(12-06-2015 11:43 AM)Bull Wrote:  But at least our teams, particularly Memphis, were in the discussion mid season about making the playoffs. That matters. Yeah it may be tougher for us, but its at least seen in the media as a reasonable possibility or worthy of consideration.

We are closer to the P5 than we are to the G4...

This

They even asked Herman after the game about the playoff, which was a sign of respect.

We all know the system is rigged. But as long as its out there in the media that there are other worthy teams, that's a good thing.

RE: If Houston could have beaten U Conn - CougarRed - 12-06-2015 11:54 AM

I think for any G5 school, making the Final Four requires a two year run (at least).

And the second year needs to be undefeated with a non conference win over a Top 20 Power 5 school.

For example, I think Memphis had a chance this year. They were 13th going into Navy.

RE: If Houston could have beaten U Conn - AusTxPony - 12-06-2015 12:02 PM

All in all this season worked out splendidly. 4 of our teams were in the conversation for the whole season practically and you can add Cincinnati during preseason. Damn Good. Plus Houston losing to UConn gave us another bowl eligible team. Can't see how Houston would be in the final 4 this season, even if unbeaten.

RE: If Houston could have beaten U Conn - pesik - 12-06-2015 12:04 PM

the uconn game meant nothing outside of pride and fan interest ..it changed absolutely nothing...
and honeslty i think it will benefit us...i noted in a thread 2 weeks ago, a ton of our elite recruits are under the notion that we could bring a title to houston (like miami) ..if we are undefeated and ranked #10 that deflates the dream..you cant do better than undefeated

being ranked #14 with a loss, they will be of the notion that it was becuase of the loss

next year will be interesting thou ..if we win the access bowl, we start the year with Oklahoma (who only losses 3 starters barring early draft entry) and will easily be anywhere from #1 to 4..with a preseason ranking top 15 ranking if we win the access, ward hype, and a top 4 team to start the year..it could be very interesting

RE: If Houston could have beaten U Conn - Insane_Baboon - 12-06-2015 01:05 PM

There's nothing Houston could have done this year to get in. That said, win the NY6 bowl and go undefeated next year. That'll get you in.

RE: If Houston could have beaten U Conn - BIgCatonProwl - 12-06-2015 01:07 PM

I agree we would not have gotten in..the whole process is rigged for the P5...that's the simple reality of the situation.

RE: If Houston could have beaten U Conn - BamaScorpio69 - 12-06-2015 01:08 PM

(12-06-2015 11:26 AM)dcg141 Wrote:  Man...they would have a solid argument to get in.

Like what kind of solid argument?

RE: If Houston could have beaten U Conn - dcg141 - 12-06-2015 01:11 PM

ECU and UCF need to get back in the discussion. Temple and Memphis need to keep the ball rolling. The stronger conference as a whole gets the better for everyone.

RE: If Houston could have beaten U Conn - dcg141 - 12-06-2015 01:13 PM

(12-06-2015 01:08 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  
(12-06-2015 11:26 AM)dcg141 Wrote:  Man...they would have a solid argument to get in.

Only other undefeated team. Beat ranked Memphis, Navy and Temple.

RE: If Houston could have beaten U Conn - DefCONNOne - 12-06-2015 01:23 PM

(12-06-2015 01:13 PM)dcg141 Wrote:  
(12-06-2015 01:08 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  

Only other undefeated team. Beat ranked Memphis, Navy and Temple.

That argument worked wonders for Tulane in '98.

RE: If Houston could have beaten U Conn - coogrfan - 12-06-2015 01:30 PM

(12-06-2015 01:05 PM)Insane_Baboon Wrote:  There's nothing Houston could have done this year to get in. That said, win the NY6 bowl and go undefeated next year. That'll get you in.

I'll take that bet. Imho no G5 will ever be allowed to crash the playoff party.

Re: RE: If Houston could have beaten U Conn - shere khan - 12-06-2015 05:01 PM

If a frog had wings he wouldnt bump his ass when he hops

RE: If Houston could have beaten U Conn - Purplehook - 12-06-2015 05:17 PM

The stars have to a line perfectly for a G5 school to get into the playoffs unless their OOC is against some stellar P5's and they go undefeated. Even if they start out the season ranked and say rise to number 5 or so in the rankings, They will on move up very little so once in the top 10. I would say for a G% team to make the playoffs the following would have to happen:

1. Go Undefeated.
2. Have a very strong OOC schedule beating a few upper tier P5's
3. Their G5 conference would have to have a great year, with 2 0r 3 schools in the top 20 or 15.
4. Their would have to be a lot of 2 loss top P5 teams.

RE: If Houston could have beaten U Conn - Kruciff - 12-06-2015 05:33 PM

(12-06-2015 01:30 PM)coogrfan Wrote:  
(12-06-2015 01:05 PM)Insane_Baboon Wrote:  There's nothing Houston could have done this year to get in. That said, win the NY6 bowl and go undefeated next year. That'll get you in.

I'll take that bet. Imho no G5 will ever be allowed to crash the playoff party.

Houston plays Oklahoma next year at a neutral site. Oklahoma, I think, will win the NCG.

beat them on the opening day of college football and go undefeated next year, and Houston is in the playoffs.

The thing the AAC has going for them is it seems that (according to this year, when teams take care of business) beating an AAC team is a boon, not a bust. You get Cinci, Memphis, and Navy all on the road next year, and a resurging UConn and Tulsa at home. If UCF comes back like I hope they'll come back, that's 6 teams that could be bowling next year.

No doubt, if Houston goes undefeated next year, they're in. I'll wager any bet on that.

RE: If Houston could have beaten U Conn - Bearcats#1 - 12-06-2015 05:36 PM

(12-06-2015 11:38 AM)TforTempleU Wrote:  No, they would not have gotten in. And that isn't a slight on Houston. If we went undefeated we wouldn't have gotten in, neither would Navy, and neither would Memphis.

This

in fact no AAC team, even undefeated would be in the discussion even. We just aren't respected enough. Not saying its valid, I'm saying what it is.