CSNbbs
I apologize - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: I apologize (/thread-760974.html)

I apologize - emussuperfan - 12-01-2015 10:36 PM

My apologies to all the people at the womens game tonight. A person working or who has some kind of attachment to EMU athletics said i was a ( terrible ******* fan) because i don't blindly support emu mens basketball. This is because i rightly claim beating NAIA isn't something great and cheer about. NAIA teams are little better than a Rec league or a club sport team. Playing one or maybe 2 a year is fine but 4! Is stupid and does not make for a good team. So anyway i lite him up and i am very sorry to all those people that where there that heard it.

RE: I apologize - emu steve - 12-01-2015 10:40 PM

Is this an apology?

Reminds me of a story a Priest tells about confession:

"Father, I get angry with my daughter because she..."

Priest says, "Whose confession is this, yours or your daughter?"

Sounds like the penitent is absolving herself because her daughter deserved what she got... Ugh!!!

Confessions and mea culpas, are 'my fault' I screwed up' not they deserved what they got (even though I wish I didn't have to do it...).

RE: I apologize - emussuperfan - 12-01-2015 10:42 PM

(12-01-2015 10:40 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Is this an apology?

Reminds me of a story a Priest tells about confession:

"Father, I get angry with my daughter because she..."

Priest says, "Whose confession is this, yours or your daughter?"

Sounds like the penitent is absolving herself because her daughter deserved what she got... Ugh!!!

Confessions and mea culpas, are 'my fault' I screwed up.'
Ah screw you to. 07-coffee3 this isn't "if i offended" anyone apology, it is "I lost it and i am sorry apology" and if that not good enough for you to friggen bad.

RE: I apologize - emu steve - 12-01-2015 10:50 PM

Super, there is an apology in there, but maybe you should have simply said: "A discussion took place regarding my comments about men's basketball scheduling, etc. and I lost it. I apologize."

RE: I apologize - emussuperfan - 12-01-2015 11:02 PM

(12-01-2015 10:50 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Super, there is an apology in there, but maybe you should have simply said: "A discussion took place regarding my comments about men's basketball scheduling, etc. and I lost it. I apologize."

It wasn't a discussion he called me a "terrible ******* fan". He sat next to me just so he could say that, it was his intent all along. We had the discussion after Mary Grove game and implied then i wasn't much of a fan because i wasn't all giddy about the win.07-coffee3 and it caught completely off guard.07-coffee3

RE: I apologize - Bob Wickersham - 12-02-2015 07:00 AM

Safe to say, your fake apology is NOT ACCEPTED. It's like saying, "I'm sorry for hitting you but you made me so mad, I had to do it!" 03-lmfao

RE: I apologize - holybovine - 12-02-2015 11:39 AM

So, the performance of the football team over the past 25 years wasn't enough to drive you away, but beating a bad basketball team is?

RE: I apologize - HuronDave - 12-02-2015 12:14 PM

What a disingenuous apology. Also, the ranting about EMU's non-conference scheduling is rather baseless in today's collegiate landscape. EMU is not alone in scheduling "down" even to the NAIA level. Oklahoma recently played Mid-America Christian University, an NAIA school and beat them by a mere 22 points. It's not an uncommon occurrence to play a lower-level in-state school and I don't think anyone is calling out Oklahoma for it.

RE: I apologize - emu steve - 12-02-2015 12:23 PM

(12-01-2015 10:36 PM)emussuperfan Wrote:  My apologies to all the people at the womens game tonight. A person working or who has some kind of attachment to EMU athletics said i was a ( terrible ******* fan) because i don't blindly support emu mens basketball. This is because i rightly claim beating NAIA isn't something great and cheer about. NAIA teams are little better than a Rec league or a club sport team. Playing one or maybe 2 a year is fine but 4! Is stupid and does not make for a good team. So anyway i lite him up and i am very sorry to all those people that where there that heard it.

I watched only a few minutes of the game (I watched the men's game at 8 and before that watched some of the Oakland / Georgia men's game).

Was the 'confrontation' picked up by the game webcast? When I saw the webcast the crowd was very, very small and presumably any loud voices could have gotten picked up. There were, I believe, zero people behind the ORU bench. A few behind the end line where Super hangs for the women's game.

Let's hope that the disagreement is known mostly to the participants and here on this forum... Something which will be forgotten in a few days...

RE: I apologize - EagleTough - 12-02-2015 12:25 PM

You might want to change the 'superfan' moniker. Just because you show up doesn't mean you're a superfan, if you simply b*tch & moan all the time.

Relax, enjoy the experience. If you don't enjoy it, stop going.

I apologize - HuronRob - 12-02-2015 12:28 PM

No worries fellas, Super will be back. He can't stay away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: I apologize - EagleTough - 12-02-2015 12:32 PM

(12-02-2015 12:28 PM)HuronRob Wrote:  No worries fellas, Super will be back. He can't stay away.

Exactly, he's reading every comment right now, and won't be able to help himself.

Watch

RE: I apologize - EagleSam - 12-02-2015 12:42 PM

(12-02-2015 12:14 PM)HuronDave Wrote:  What a disingenuous apology. Also, the ranting about EMU's non-conference scheduling is rather baseless in today's collegiate landscape. EMU is not alone in scheduling "down" even to the NAIA level. Oklahoma recently played Mid-America Christian University, an NAIA school and beat them by a mere 22 points. It's not an uncommon occurrence to play a lower-level in-state school and I don't think anyone is calling out Oklahoma for it.

Not to mention several other MAC schools have 3-4 non D1 games on their schedule this year. But to him, it's merely an EMU problem.

RE: I apologize - Bob Wickersham - 12-02-2015 12:56 PM

(12-02-2015 12:42 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  
(12-02-2015 12:14 PM)HuronDave Wrote:  What a disingenuous apology. Also, the ranting about EMU's non-conference scheduling is rather baseless in today's collegiate landscape. EMU is not alone in scheduling "down" even to the NAIA level. Oklahoma recently played Mid-America Christian University, an NAIA school and beat them by a mere 22 points. It's not an uncommon occurrence to play a lower-level in-state school and I don't think anyone is calling out Oklahoma for it.

Not to mention several other MAC schools have 3-4 non D1 games on their schedule this year. But to him, it's merely an EMU problem.
Not to mention that pesky 'dunking problem' that EMU has.

RE: I apologize - realistEagle - 12-02-2015 02:28 PM

This is almost as silly as our football program 03-lmfao

RE: I apologize - holybovine - 12-02-2015 05:06 PM

We shan't hear from him again until he publishes his memoir: Dancing with the Katman

I apologize - HuronRob - 12-02-2015 06:43 PM

(12-02-2015 05:06 PM)holybovine Wrote:  We shan't hear from him again until he publishes his memoir: Dancing with the Katman

No doubt a work full of drama and coffee drinking...

RE: I apologize - NIU007 - 12-03-2015 12:35 PM

(12-02-2015 12:42 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  

Other schools do it, but I don't blame the fans for being a little hesitant to pay money to see it. NIU is one of those. We have 4 lower division schools on the schedule. I have little interest in seeing them.