CSNbbs
Pick'em Central -- Champ Week (Bowl Pick'em is OPEN) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: Pick'em Central -- Champ Week (Bowl Pick'em is OPEN) (/thread-760659.html)

Pages: 1 2

Pick'em Central -- Champ Week (Bowl Pick'em is OPEN) - ecuacc4ever - 11-30-2015 12:40 PM

Hello Folks --

The 7-on-7 Head-to-Head Pick'em Championship will be decided this weekend as Ole Blue and copycat square off in a winner take all match. The two division winners will select 7 games from a list of 14 (see notes below), and hope their picks result in the most points.

---

The ACCbbs Football Pick'em will likely have a winner this weekend, as CollegeCard simply has to stay away from the others and keep his two-game lead over Buckminster Fuller (currently in second).

In the event those two (or anyone else for that matter) are tied after this weekend's picks, there will be a "sudden death playoff of sorts" next weekend. Tentatively, the plan would involve using the Army/Navy game, as well as the FCS Quarterfinals. We'll cross that bridge if we get there.

As for the rest of us who are still picking games because we love picking games, the Week 14 pickem board is OPEN. This is your last chance to win a weekend and earn "praise and adoration", at least from me.

http://sportsfan.decro.net/picks

All hail BigOwensboroCard who won Week 13 with an impressive 13-2 mark.

01-ncaabbs BigOwensboroCard

----
Note(s) -- To Ole Blue and copycat: It appears the Texas/Baylor game will not be available this week, so the slate will be down to fourteen games.

RE: Pick'em Central -- Championship Week - Kaplony - 11-30-2015 01:38 PM

The submit button is missing

RE: Pick'em Central -- Championship Week - ecuacc4ever - 11-30-2015 02:34 PM

Kaplony -- what did you do with the Submit button...?

RE: Pick'em Central -- Championship Week - ecuacc4ever - 11-30-2015 02:35 PM

Ok, the Submit button is back.

Pick'em Central -- Championship Week - Lenvillecards - 11-30-2015 03:01 PM

Keep Kap away from ALL submit buttons from now on.

RE: Pick'em Central -- Championship Week - ecuacc4ever - 11-30-2015 04:33 PM

Note to Ole Blue and copycat:

There will be fourteen games in the slate (including Texas/Baylor). Only New Mexico State/UL-Monroe is not included in the Head-to-Head slate.

RE: Pick'em Central -- Championship Week - ecuacc4ever - 12-04-2015 04:32 PM

Bump:

Everybody get your picks in. Thanks for playing, too!
http://sportsfan.decro.net

RE: Pick'em Central -- Championship Week - ecuacc4ever - 12-04-2015 04:38 PM

For those are wondering -- CollegeCard wins the ACCbbs Pick'em tonight if Bowling Green wins the MAC. Otherwise, stever20 has a chance to force a one-week playoff.

RE: Pick'em Central -- Championship Week - ken d - 12-04-2015 05:20 PM

(12-04-2015 04:38 PM)ecuacc4ever Wrote:  For those are wondering -- CollegeCard wins the ACCbbs Pick'em tonight if Bowling Green wins the MAC. Otherwise, stever20 has a chance to force a one-week playoff.

If copycat loses to Ole Blue in the 7-on-7 and finishes 2nd yet again, is there a scenario in which he can also finish second in the Pick'em? We'd hate to spoil his perfect record.

RE: Pick'em Central -- Championship Week - ecuacc4ever - 12-04-2015 06:05 PM

(12-04-2015 05:20 PM)ken d Wrote:  
(12-04-2015 04:38 PM)ecuacc4ever Wrote:  For those are wondering -- CollegeCard wins the ACCbbs Pick'em tonight if Bowling Green wins the MAC. Otherwise, stever20 has a chance to force a one-week playoff.

If copycat loses to Ole Blue in the 7-on-7 and finishes 2nd yet again, is there a scenario in which he can also finish second in the Pick'em? We'd hate to spoil his perfect record.
Sadly, no.

All I know is Ole Blue better post a score north of 35 tomorrow, b/c 'cat has been averaging that lately.

RE: Pick'em Central -- Championship Week - copycat - 12-05-2015 11:20 AM

Yeah I've not had a good year there. Ah well :)

RE: Pick'em Central -- Championship Week - copycat - 12-05-2015 11:21 AM

(12-04-2015 06:05 PM)ecuacc4ever Wrote:  

Sadly, no.

All I know is Ole Blue better post a score north of 35 tomorrow, b/c 'cat has been averaging that lately.

6 points so far, Had BGSU in the MAC, but picked the Over. Oops.

RE: Pick'em Central -- Championship Week - ecuacc4ever - 12-05-2015 11:26 PM

So the "Head-to-Head Pick'em" is coming down to the results of Iowa vs. Michigan State.

If Michigan State wins by 4 (or more), copycat is the crowned champion of the inaugural Head-to-Head Pickem. Otherwise, Ole Blue is the champ.

--

As for the 4th Annual ACCbbs Football Pick'em, CollegeCard wrapped up the title last night. Congrats, yo.

RE: Pick'em Central -- Championship Week - copycat - 12-06-2015 12:04 AM

It's not meant to be. GTS, can I get a silver medal in my profile yet?

RE: Pick'em Central -- Championship Week - ecuacc4ever - 12-07-2015 12:32 PM

To put a bow on everything...

First, congratulations to Lucy who notched a second winning week, going 12-3 in Week 14.
01-ncaabbs Lucy

Second -- congratulations (and I hope a badge of some sort) to CollegeCard for capturing this year's ACCbbs Football Pick'em title. Your name will go alongside ecuacc4ever, 4x4hokies, and Kaplony in the Pick'em Hall of Fame.

01-ncaabbs 01-ncaabbs CollegeCard

And, third -- congratulations to Ole Blue who won our inaugural 7-on-7 Head to Head Pick'em Championship, defeating copycat 26-24 in the championship match.

01-ncaabbs 01-ncaabbs 01-ncaabbs Ole Blue

copycat DM'ed me on Saturday night in frustration ...

Quote:That ******* TD by Florida / four point swing

And finally, thanks to all of you who participated through the entire season. Y'all made it great this year.

-----

I'm willing to open the site to run a Bowl Pick'em if so desired -- I'll await feedback from the masses.

RE: Pick'em Central -- Championship Week - CollegeCard - 12-07-2015 12:55 PM

(12-07-2015 12:32 PM)ecuacc4ever Wrote:  To put a bow on everything...

Second -- congratulations (and I hope a badge of some sort) to CollegeCard for capturing this year's ACCbbs Football Pick'em title. Your name will go alongside ecuacc4ever, 4x4hokies, and Kaplony in the Pick'em Hall of Fame.

01-ncaabbs 01-ncaabbs CollegeCard
-----

I'm willing to open the site to run a Bowl Pick'em if so desired -- I'll await feedback from the masses.

Thank you and thanks for running the contest all season! I'm up for a bowl contest if others are as well. 04-cheers

RE: Pick'em Central -- Championship Week - Lucy - 12-07-2015 01:31 PM

Twas a fun season! I'm up for a bowl contest too!

Pick'em Central -- Championship Week - Lenvillecards - 12-07-2015 05:00 PM

Sounds fun.

RE: Pick'em Central -- Championship Week - Buckminster Fuller - 12-08-2015 09:08 AM

Enjoyed the pick'em. I too am in favor of a bowl contest.

RE: Pick'em Central -- Championship Week - ecuacc4ever - 12-08-2015 10:05 AM

Tell everybody that I will have the Bowl Pickem form available this afternoon.

Regular Season Pick'em Players
All you need to do is login as normal, and click "Bowl Picks" (again -- this afternoon)

Newbies
PM me so I can get you setup (again -- this afternoon)