CSNbbs
Huff - Sorry if I missed it... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Huff - Sorry if I missed it... (/thread-760157.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Huff - Sorry if I missed it... - NIU007 - 11-28-2015 10:38 AM

But is Huff injured? Was he missing blocks the few times he was in there?

Bouagnon is now averaging 4.6 yards per carry, while Huff is up to 8.1 (up to 76 carries now). With a TD every 9.5 carries. Not counting the 3 TDs in 9 carries last year.

RE: Huff - Sorry if I missed it... - badmoonrising13 - 11-28-2015 12:01 PM

It overdue... Huff should be the featured back. It's already a game late; let's not make it two games too late.

RE: Huff - Sorry if I missed it... - NIU05 - 11-28-2015 12:04 PM

Need home run hitters with a 5th string walk on QB. Play him.

RE: Huff - Sorry if I missed it... - armour248 - 11-28-2015 12:09 PM

I have no idea why he wasn't getting more touches in the first half. He did completely whiff on the third and long where Graham got sacked and injured.

RE: Huff - Sorry if I missed it... - NILAW - 11-28-2015 12:42 PM

Huff looked fine in his 3 carries against Ohio. I did not notice he missed any other blocks against Ohio (plenty of others on offense did); since he was not in much other than those 4 plays explains that. I have only noticed Huff has thrown some good blocks on Turner jet sweeps, and not noticed Huff having blocking issues in prior games.

As I said in another thread, BG knows we will start a true freshman QB so I see BG loading the box, and do not see JB between the tackles working well in this game. In the last 2 games JB has had 37 carries for 107 yards (2.9 yards per carry). If we gain less than 100 yards rushing like against Ohio it will likely get very ugly! We need a good game plan with correct calls and O-line executing and Huff's explosiveness. JB should get carries in this game, but we need Huff being the feature back and getting 2-3 times more carries than JB, instead of the other way around like it has been! Should Huff be the permanent back? It depends on what the coaches see in practice that we don't, and Huff working hard to correct his weaknesses. I am not knocking JB at all; IMO his strengths just do not fit what our game plan needs to be in this game.

RE: Huff - Sorry if I missed it... - epasnoopy - 11-28-2015 12:44 PM

Considering the coaching staff has featured a heavy dose of JB all season i don't see them suddenly changing to a heavy dose of Huff. I think we are all just being wishful.

RE: Huff - Sorry if I missed it... - NILAW - 11-28-2015 12:50 PM

(11-28-2015 12:44 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Considering the coaching staff has featured a heavy dose of JB all season i don't see them suddenly changing to a heavy dose of Huff. I think we are all just being wishful.

You're probably right. I am just hoping the coaches recognize things need to change after Hare (and now Graham) went down and make adjustments to the offensive game plan and personnel to fit the plan.

RE: Huff - Sorry if I missed it... - badmoonrising13 - 11-28-2015 01:18 PM

It's the coaches job to recognize who gives you the best chance to win. If you saw Huff's three carries against Ohio, he was swarmed as soon as he got the ball. But he broke those tackles and led us to a touchdown. After that the coaches didn't call his number once. What the hell is that? Punishment for running hard and being successful? I don't get it...

RE: Huff - Sorry if I missed it... - dpgohuskies - 11-28-2015 01:30 PM

Sorry b it your ignoring the bad of awful pass protection and missed assignments, he's not a complete player

RE: Huff - Sorry if I missed it... - badmoonrising13 - 11-28-2015 01:39 PM

Yeah but he has one thing we really need... Big play ability. The coaches can hide his blocking issues by running him, throwing to him, or running pass routes. And obviously taking him out on obvious passing situations. Of course the goal is to make him a complete player for the next level but that is on him. We need him to break long runs and keep drives going...

RE: Huff - Sorry if I missed it... - clcfball11 - 11-28-2015 01:48 PM

This is the most annoying part of Huskie football this year. Clear as day Huff is the better back. JB has put up some nice games, but he's not a gamebreaker whatsoever. When Huff is in there, every play has a chance to go. I don't get this one at all.

RE: Huff - Sorry if I missed it... - badmoonrising13 - 11-28-2015 01:53 PM

Yeah but he can't block!!!!

RE: Huff - Sorry if I missed it... - dpgohuskies - 11-28-2015 01:54 PM

If you can't be counted on to execute your assignment you can't be the feature player at your position

RE: Huff - Sorry if I missed it... - armour248 - 11-28-2015 02:29 PM

(11-28-2015 01:18 PM)badmoonrising13 Wrote:  It's the coaches job to recognize who gives you the best chance to win. If you saw Huff's three carries against Ohio, he was swarmed as soon as he got the ball. But he broke those tackles and led us to a touchdown. After that the coaches didn't call his number once. What the hell is that? Punishment for running hard and being successful? I don't get it...

He was in for the entire drive when Graham got hurt. As I mentioned, he completely whiffed on his block on third and long and Graham got hurt on the play. He's a great runner and can make explosive plays but he's obviously made a poor impression with the coaches when it comes to everything else required to play RB in this offense.

RE: Huff - Sorry if I missed it... - bikechuck - 11-28-2015 02:39 PM

I do not see this coaching staff making Huff the feature back in the MACC game. I don't think they gave him a single play after he whiffed on the block on the play that Graham got injured. I have watched a lot of football but I cannot tell how bad he is on these other assignments and how bad it limits our offense.

I hope the coaching staff are making sound decisions, they probably are.

RE: Huff - Sorry if I missed it... - niusfactuary - 11-28-2015 02:52 PM

(11-28-2015 02:29 PM)armour248 Wrote:  
(11-28-2015 01:18 PM)badmoonrising13 Wrote:  It's the coaches job to recognize who gives you the best chance to win. If you saw Huff's three carries against Ohio, he was swarmed as soon as he got the ball. But he broke those tackles and led us to a touchdown. After that the coaches didn't call his number once. What the hell is that? Punishment for running hard and being successful? I don't get it...

He was in for the entire drive when Graham got hurt. As I mentioned, he completely whiffed on his block on third and long and Graham got hurt on the play. He's a great runner and can make explosive plays but he's obviously made a poor impression with the coaches when it comes to everything else required to play RB in this offense.

Coaching staff said earlier in the year that he needs to put in more preparation during the week. I think that missed block is the direct result of that. It sounds like he's still got some growing up to do, and needs to find some work ethic.

Huff - Sorry if I missed it... - thxjoenovak - 11-28-2015 02:54 PM

(11-28-2015 01:53 PM)badmoonrising13 Wrote:  Yeah but he can't block!!!!

He CAN block and has.
He just happened to miss one on the play that Graham got hurt on.
It happens.

RE: Huff - Sorry if I missed it... - armour248 - 11-28-2015 03:01 PM

(11-28-2015 02:54 PM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  
(11-28-2015 01:53 PM)badmoonrising13 Wrote:  Yeah but he can't block!!!!

He CAN block and has.
He just happened to miss one on the play that Graham got hurt on.
It happens.

There's a reason the coaching staff, who has seen him in meetings and on the field 100x more than any of us, have decided that they're better off with Bouagnon carrying the heavy load.

RE: Huff - Sorry if I missed it... - badmoonrising13 - 11-28-2015 03:19 PM

You probably typed the same thing when Meco was playing ahead Spann...

RE: Huff - Sorry if I missed it... - badmoonrising13 - 11-28-2015 03:23 PM

(11-28-2015 02:29 PM)armour248 Wrote:  

Why was he in an obvious passing situation? That's on the coaches for not utilizing their personnel correctly...