CSNbbs
Re: RE: NIU IS IN THE MACC!!! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Re: RE: NIU IS IN THE MACC!!! (/thread-760102.html)

Re: RE: NIU IS IN THE MACC!!! - sarasotahuskie - 11-27-2015 09:24 PM

(11-27-2015 04:27 PM)HuskieRak Wrote:  
(11-27-2015 04:12 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  Gentlemen,

The MACC is going to be ugly, very ugly.

Great accomplishment though for NIU getting to this point, keeping the streak alive, with 4th and 5th string QBs

BG's defense isn't physical at all. Pound 'em with run after run. O-line needs a little redemption from Tuesday's shitshow

This. Toledo showed how to beat BG. Run the ball down their throats. All on the OL opening holes and DL getting pressure. We can do this.

RE: Re: RE: NIU IS IN THE MACC!!! - HuskiePride12 - 11-27-2015 09:31 PM

I expect the o-line to fully show up after how bad they were against Ohio. We need to control the clock to have the chance to win IMO. They can score quick. After how bad the olinemen played last game I expect a big game there and BOTH rb to have a big game. I truly believe that we have a better team and play makers all around, but it's
If we make use of them that will make the difference with a 5th qb

Re: RE: NIU IS IN THE MACC!!! - niu_1087 - 11-27-2015 10:51 PM

On paper this should be a blowout, but we know all to well how unpredictable the MACC can be.

Huff and Bougie are going to need to run hard, and I expect them to. Whoever is qb will need to minimize mistakes to take pressure of the defense and let them do their thing.

Honestly I think it will be a competitive game, and it might be a shocker.

RE: Re: RE: NIU IS IN THE MACC!!! - bikechuck - 11-28-2015 12:36 AM

I hope that Carey lets Huff have some touches. He was apparently pretty upset with him when he whiffed on the block on the play that Graham got injured on. Carey can be pretty stubborn and it could take a while to get out of his dog house. I think that they need Huff's explosiveness to have a chance against BGSU. Joel is a good back but he is not a threat to score on every play.

RE: Re: RE: NIU IS IN THE MACC!!! - NILAW - 11-28-2015 10:22 AM

(11-28-2015 12:36 AM)bikechuck Wrote:  I hope that Carey lets Huff have some touches. He was apparently pretty upset with him when he whiffed on the block on the play that Graham got injured on. Carey can be pretty stubborn and it could take a while to get out of his dog house. I think that they need Huff's explosiveness to have a chance against BGSU. Joel is a good back but he is not a threat to score on every play.

I hope so too. Unless the BG D coordinator is stupid he knows we need to run the ball and will put 8 in the box. I think JB is a great back between the tackles, but it is very hard to run between the tackles with 8 in the box. JB just does not have sufficient speed to get the edge regularly; Huff has the speed out of the RB position to get the edges and we will need that in order to sustain drives on the ground and maybe he breaks 1 or 2. Huff did not get carries after the 3 for 20 yards and a TD before missing that block. If Carey was upset with Huff missing that block get over it; we need Huff's (and Tuner's) speed in this game!