CSNbbs
MAC History: Best player - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: MAC History: Best player (/thread-757766.html)

Pages: 1 2

MAC History: Best player - eastisbest - 11-14-2015 03:51 PM

Each school: best player presently in NFL/Best All-Time
West
Toledo

Northern Illinois

Western Michigan

Central Michigan

Ball State

Eastern Michigan

East
Bowling Green

Ohio

Buffalo

Akron

Kent State

Miami (OH)

Massachusetts

RE: MAC History: Best player - UofToledoFans - 11-14-2015 05:06 PM

(11-14-2015 03:51 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  Each school: best player presently in NFL/Best All-Time
West
Toledo - Kaczur?

Northern Illinois - Turner

Western Michigan - Jennings?

Central Michigan -Brown

Ball State - no clue?

Eastern Michigan - linemen?

East
Bowling Green no clue?

Ohio- no clue?

Buffalo - james starks?

Akron - no clue?

Kent State - they have had a ton. Joshua Cribbs?

Miami (OH) - Big Ben

Massachusetts - no clue?

This shows my age. Don't know a ton. I basically named people i could think of who played in my life time. Lots of QBs and Linemen have come from the MAC. Will let people on here who know more give it a crack.

RE: MAC History: Best player - H2Oville Rocket - 11-14-2015 05:50 PM

KSU-Lambert

BG- Bernie Casey? IDK, they had a guy who was a great LB but his name escapes me

EMU- I'll go with Batch

UT- tough one. Triplett or Kaczur or Curtis Johnson oran argument could be made for our punter, who's name is eluding me in the afterglow of the men's demolition of a bad, lower division team.

WMU had the defensive guy who just used to kill us. Names, names, names....

Akron also had a great D end although I'm not sure if that was during their MAC years. Played for the Dolphins.

Central I'll go with their #1 pick from two years ago.

Miami- Carpenter might have been the best I recall in the MAC games and he had a nice career with the Oilers, maybe others. Seems like Sherm Smith was pretty good in the NFL but Ben R has to be #1.

OU- blank

BSU- blank

NIU- Turner?

Buffalo- Starks

RE: MAC History: Best player - Henry Burlingame - 11-14-2015 06:48 PM

Akron: Jason Taylor (all time). Taylor was the MAC defensive player of the year his senior year.

RE: MAC History: Best player - H2Oville Rocket - 11-14-2015 07:00 PM

(11-14-2015 06:48 PM)Henry Burlingame Wrote:  Akron: Jason Taylor (all time)

That's the guy.

RE: MAC History: Best player - rocketfan101 - 11-14-2015 07:09 PM

(11-14-2015 05:50 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  WMU had the defensive guy who just used to kill us. Names, names, names....

I believe you're thinking of Jason Babin.

RE: MAC History: Best player - H2Oville Rocket - 11-14-2015 07:14 PM

(11-14-2015 07:09 PM)rocketfan101 Wrote:  
(11-14-2015 05:50 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  WMU had the defensive guy who just used to kill us. Names, names, names....

I believe you're thinking of Jason Babin.

Yep. You guys are good.

RE: MAC History: Best player - UofToledoFans - 11-14-2015 07:14 PM

Fisher is a fine Olineman for the chiefs, but Antonio Brow led the league in receiving last season and is doing it again this year. 2 years in a row as the best WR in the game, trumps a non probowl Olineman. Brown is CMU's bread and butter player.

RE: MAC History: Best player - H2Oville Rocket - 11-14-2015 07:18 PM

(11-14-2015 07:14 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Fisher is a fine Olineman for the chiefs, but Antonio Brow led the league in receiving last season and is doing it again this year. 2 years in a row as the best WR in the game, trumps a non probowl Olineman. Brown is CMU's bread and butter player.

Don't follow NFL but now that you mrntion it, WMU has a pretty good receiver for ...Packers maybe. Don't remember Brown. Was he there when LeFeouieuovreerer played?

RE: MAC History: Best player - T-Town - 11-14-2015 07:41 PM

(11-14-2015 05:50 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  KSU-Lambert

BG- Bernie Casey? IDK, they had a guy who was a great LB but his name escapes me

EMU- I'll go with Batch

UT- tough one. Triplett or Kaczur or Curtis Johnson oran argument could be made for our punter, who's name is eluding me in the afterglow of the men's demolition of a bad, lower division team.

Akron also had a great D end although I'm not sure if that was during their MAC years. Played for the Dolphins.

Miami- Carpenter might have been the best I recall in the MAC games and he had a nice career with the Oilers, maybe others. Seems like Sherm Smith was pretty good in the NFL but Ben R has to be #1.

OU- blank

BSU- blank

NIU- Turner?

Buffalo- Starks

The BG line backer you are thinking of is Phil Villapiano and I might give him the edge over Bernie Casey based on longevity if nothing else. I would go with Mel Triplett as all time best Rocket.

RE: MAC History: Best player - eastisbest - 11-14-2015 07:45 PM

Not knowing the league like most of you, I'm having a bit difficulty knowing who is nominated for best present and best all-time. Isn't there a defensive guy in the league right now from one of the Michigan directionals that is all-league or something close?

RE: MAC History: Best player - H2Oville Rocket - 11-14-2015 07:54 PM

(11-14-2015 07:41 PM)T-Town Wrote:  
(11-14-2015 05:50 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  KSU-Lambert

EMU- I'll go with Batch

OU- blank

BSU- blank

NIU- Turner?

Buffalo- Starks

The BG line backer you are thinking of is Phil Villapiano and I might give him the edge over Bernie Casey based on longevity if nothing else. I would go with Mel Triplett as all time best Rocket.
Yep, Villipiano. And yes he gets the nod over Casey.

RE: MAC History: Best player - eastisbest - 11-14-2015 07:58 PM

Bernie Casey gets the nod in best actor category.

RE: MAC History: Best player - northcoastRocket - 11-14-2015 09:53 PM

For UT, active player with the best NFL career is probably Lance Moore.

All Time. Let's see, Tunnel is a HOFer, but he was pre-MAC. If you eliminate him, I'd say pick-up among Triplett, Chester Taylor or Any McCollum. McCollum had a 14 year career. Oh, Curtis Johnson had pretty good career too.

RE: MAC History: Best player - Henry Burlingame - 11-14-2015 09:59 PM

WMU: John Offerdahl (all time). 5 time Pro Bowl Player for the Dolphins. Linebacker, I believe. He has got a string of popular bagel/coffee shops in South Florida. Kind of like Barry Bagel.

RE: MAC History: Best player - northcoastRocket - 11-14-2015 10:00 PM

For other schools, let's see.

WMU current is probably Greg Jennings.

EMU, LJ Shelton is right up there with Batch for all-time. Present is probably TJ Lang.

CMU currently has OLers Staley and Fisher, Staley has the better career so far.

NIU right now, Larry English maybe? All-time?

RE: MAC History: Best player - northcoastRocket - 11-14-2015 10:01 PM

Oh, KSU currently is Anthony Gates ... but I'm not sure if he ever played FB for KSU, so then Julian Edelman probably.

RE: MAC History: Best player - Henry Burlingame - 11-14-2015 10:05 PM

This is an interesting topic. The MAC has turned out a lot of good NFL QBs, but not so much for running backs, at least that I can think of. There's Michael Turner, who has probably had the best NFL career out of the MAC. Then Chester Taylor. After that, I can't think of anyone special. Maybe there's someone obvious I'm missing, but Turner and Chester are the top two that come to mind.

MAC History: Best player - BDV27 - 11-14-2015 10:42 PM

Ball State - Bernie Parmele (Jets & Dolphins) Blaine Bishop ( All Pro safety with Titans)

MAC History: Best player - BDV27 - 11-14-2015 10:45 PM

CMU current player Antonio Brown may be one of the best all time MAC player in NFL