CSNbbs
Just For Fun, FSU team we played on NFL roster - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Just For Fun, FSU team we played on NFL roster (/thread-757023.html)

Just For Fun, FSU team we played on NFL roster - NIU007 - 11-09-2015 04:34 PM

I was looking at NFL rosters, and noticed all these FSU players - from the team we played - on NFL rosters as of the beginning of this year (not sure how many still on the teams, but anyway...)

Tre Jackson
Bryan Stork
Ronald Darby
EJ Manuel
Nick O'Leary
Karlos Williams
Terrence Brooks
Timmy Jernigan
Vince Williams
Cameron Erving
Jacobbi McDaniel
Rodney Smith
Bjoern Werner
Terrance Parks
Rashad Greene
Telvin Smith
Mario Edwards Jr
Menelik Watson
Bobby Hart
Chris Thompson
Xavier Rhodes
Eddie Goldman
Christian Jones
Devonta Freeman
Dustin Hopkins
P.J. Williams
Kelvin Benjamin
Jameis Winston
Lamarcus Joyner
Tank Carradine
Nick Moody

I might be off by 1 or 2 if there were transfers, and I know Jameis Winston didn't play against us (or Tank Carradine, IIRC). But there were at least 14 that played against us, and probably more. Just thought it was interesting.

RE: Just For Fun, FSU team we played on NFL roster - HuskieJohn - 11-09-2015 04:37 PM

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/football/2015/05/02/fsu-breaks-nfl-draft-record-players-selected-year-span/26788693/

FSU breaks modern NFL draft record with 29 players selected in 3-year span

RE: Just For Fun, FSU team we played on NFL roster - 17Huskies - 11-09-2015 04:38 PM

#firecarey

I said it when it was slated, obviously we would have been underdogs against anyone in the orange bowl, but man that was a bad bad match-up for us. Just way too much of a physical gap.

RE: Just For Fun, FSU team we played on NFL roster - Huskie39 - 11-09-2015 04:42 PM

I feel like it's underrated how loaded that FSU team was. NIU's loss looked that much better the following season as FSU was rolling through people, but it was too late....the pundits already wrote oftf the Huskies as having not belonged in the Orange Bowl. FSU returned what, 19 starters the next year en route to an undefeated title season? That was a very bad matchup draw for NIU that year in my opinion. I believe I saw some stat near the end of the following season saying that no team had been within 7 pts of FSU in the 4Q all year. Of course, they conveniently didn't name the last team who was....you guessed it, NIU (who trailed 17-10 in the 4Q of the OB).

To see that many pro's....wow.

RE: Just For Fun, FSU team we played on NFL roster - NIU007 - 11-09-2015 04:51 PM

(11-09-2015 04:42 PM)Huskie39 Wrote:  I feel like it's underrated how loaded that FSU team was. NIU's loss looked that much better the following season as FSU was rolling through people, but it was too late....the pundits already wrote oftf the Huskies as having not belonged in the Orange Bowl. FSU returned what, 19 starters the next year en route to an undefeated title season? That was a very bad matchup draw for NIU that year in my opinion. I believe I saw some stat near the end of the following season saying that no team had been within 7 pts of FSU in the 4Q all year. Of course, they conveniently didn't name the last team who was....you guessed it, NIU (who trailed 17-10 in the 4Q of the OB).

I agree. Of course any pundits that thought we didn't belong should look at the scores of previous BCS games - e.g. Oklahoma and Notre Dame both got blown out multiple times, and there were plenty other BCS games with a larger margin of victory.

RE: Just For Fun, FSU team we played on NFL roster - Lord Stanley - 11-09-2015 04:55 PM

(11-09-2015 04:38 PM)17Huskies Wrote:  #firecarey

I said it when it was slated, obviously we would have been underdogs against anyone in the orange bowl, but man that was a bad bad match-up for us. Just way too much of a physical gap.

For shites and giggles go back and look the Orange Bowl game thread.

Even us Kool-Aid drinkers were floored at how much more physical FSU was. Specifically, faster. I remember a play watching a FSU defender get to the corner to tackle Lynch, and it was like the defender had rockets in his feet he got there so fast. I would imagine he was at the corner a full second, maybe more, than any other player NIU had seen to that point in the season, if not in recent NIU football history.

All of which makes NIU's overall showing all the more spectacular.

RE: Just For Fun, FSU team we played on NFL roster - MaddDawgz02 - 11-09-2015 07:46 PM

(11-09-2015 04:55 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  [quote='17Huskies' pid='12619667' dateline='1447105129']
#firecarey

All of which makes NIU's overall showing all the more spectacular.

+1 simply amazing how NIU competed against a team like that

RE: Just For Fun, FSU team we played on NFL roster - epasnoopy - 11-09-2015 07:52 PM

That FSU team would destroy this year's FSU team.

Re: RE: Just For Fun, FSU team we played on NFL roster - sarasotahuskie - 11-09-2015 08:48 PM

(11-09-2015 04:42 PM)Huskie39 Wrote:  I feel like it's underrated how loaded that FSU team was. NIU's loss looked that much better the following season as FSU was rolling through people, but it was too late....the pundits already wrote oftf the Huskies as having not belonged in the Orange Bowl. FSU returned what, 19 starters the next year en route to an undefeated title season? That was a very bad matchup draw for NIU that year in my opinion. I believe I saw some stat near the end of the following season saying that no team had been within 7 pts of FSU in the 4Q all year. Of course, they conveniently didn't name the last team who was....you guessed it, NIU (who trailed 17-10 in the 4Q of the OB).

iirc the only team that played FSU closer than NIU in calendar year 2013 was Alabama. I know, different seasons, but still...

RE: Just For Fun, FSU team we played on NFL roster - Field Turf - 11-09-2015 09:18 PM

We were lucky EJ Manuel was their QB.

Just For Fun, FSU team we played on NFL roster - thxjoenovak - 11-09-2015 09:26 PM

(11-09-2015 09:18 PM)Field Turf Wrote:  We were lucky EJ Manuel was their QB.

True dat.
Winston was mucho better the following year.

RE: Just For Fun, FSU team we played on NFL roster - sarasotahuskie - 11-10-2015 12:03 PM

(11-09-2015 09:26 PM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  

True dat.
Manuel is a starting NFL QB. He was pretty good.

RE: Just For Fun, FSU team we played on NFL roster - spanky - 11-11-2015 12:11 AM

(11-10-2015 12:03 PM)sarasotahuskie Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 09:26 PM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  

True dat.
Manuel is a starting NFL QB. He was pretty good.
So you'd have preferred to play against Jameis??

RE: Just For Fun, FSU team we played on NFL roster - scottiep12 - 11-11-2015 07:17 AM

Manuel is a starter? I must have missed the memo that he changed his name to Tyrod Taylor?

Yes, looking back that could have been the worst possible match up for us because of the physical gap. Played our arses off and did it without a healthy RB on the roster.

RE: Just For Fun, FSU team we played on NFL roster - Splooie99 - 11-11-2015 09:09 AM

You know, I have watched that game several times over the years and I keep on saying we were at least in the game until that interception. That just took the sails out of the team. I imagine we would have still lost in the end, but it would have been a lot closer if that ball was dropped and not picked off.

Oh well, I was (and still am) proud of the way the team played in that game. I hope we can crash the party again some day.