CSNbbs
Game Week: Vermont - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: Game Week: Vermont (/thread-756508.html)

Game Week: Vermont - FrankAnderson - 11-06-2015 11:33 AM

I'm excited! No exhibition this season, so first action we'll see from the squad is a matchup against an America East team. I'll share plenty more thoughts later, but was anxious to get some discussion started!

RE: Game Week: Vermont - EagleSam - 11-06-2015 12:39 PM

They return a bunch of guys and Blue Ribbon has them finishing 3rd in the AE. Won't be an easy game...Vermont usually has some lights out shooters. Hopefully the screaming kids help us out a little bit. I love education day.

RE: Game Week: Vermont - rayEMU - 11-06-2015 05:24 PM

Wow!!!!! Season time is already here! Thank goodness.

This will be a tough game.

RE: Game Week: Vermont - rayEMU - 11-06-2015 05:31 PM

... And therefore very telling of a lot of our question marks we have on this team.

RE: Game Week: Vermont - FrankAnderson - 11-06-2015 05:51 PM

Senior forward Ethan O'Day may be the guy to look out for. Was first-team All America East last year. Lead Vermont in scoring last season with 12.4 PPG, shooting 56.7% on the season. He's a shot-blocking presence on the defensive end as well.

RE: Game Week: Vermont - FrankAnderson - 11-06-2015 05:56 PM

Highlights from their first exhibition game:

RE: Game Week: Vermont - FrankAnderson - 11-06-2015 06:18 PM

I turned on Bowling Green's exhibition (because I'm that college hoops starved), and the play-by-play announcer is, without doubt, the WORST I've ever heard on an ESPN broadcast. I can't believe someone put a head-set in front of this kid...

I really hope that's not what we're in store for Friday.

RE: Game Week: Vermont - rayEMU - 11-06-2015 07:22 PM

That is funny, Frank!!03-lmfao

I know the hoops season fever. Trying hard not to stoop so low as watching a non eastern exhibition bball game.

Thanks for the info on the Vermont. Particularly the warning on the forward. Our Achilles heal this year. Hopefully Nazionne will be able to harass him.04-rock

RE: Game Week: Vermont - rayEMU - 11-06-2015 07:26 PM

Watching those highlights brings back fond memories of Bowen Fieldhouse.

RE: Game Week: Vermont - rayEMU - 11-06-2015 07:29 PM

(11-06-2015 12:39 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  They return a bunch of guys and Blue Ribbon has them finishing 3rd in the AE. Won't be an easy game...Vermont usually has some lights out shooters. Hopefully the screaming kids help us out a little bit. I love education day.

So many complaints on scheduling this so early and how it contributes to poor attendance. But the education day games are the only reasonable crowds EMU basketball gets.

Game Week: Vermont - vannzee - 11-07-2015 12:48 AM

(11-06-2015 07:29 PM)rayEMU Wrote:  
(11-06-2015 12:39 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  They return a bunch of guys and Blue Ribbon has them finishing 3rd in the AE. Won't be an easy game...Vermont usually has some lights out shooters. Hopefully the screaming kids help us out a little bit. I love education day.

So many complaints on scheduling this so early and how it contributes to poor attendance. But the education day games are the only reasonable crowds EMU basketball gets.

If it had been a later game I would have loved to have gone.

RE: Game Week: Vermont - emussuperfan - 11-07-2015 09:00 AM

because of the game time i will not be there.

RE: Game Week: Vermont - emussuperfan - 11-07-2015 09:01 AM

(11-06-2015 11:33 AM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  I'm excited! No exhibition this season, so first action we'll see from the squad is a matchup against an America East team. I'll share plenty more thoughts later, but was anxious to get some discussion started!

we have 4 naia teams that might as well exhibition games.03-lmfao

RE: Game Week: Vermont - rayEMU - 11-07-2015 02:14 PM

(11-07-2015 09:01 AM)emussuperfan Wrote:  
(11-06-2015 11:33 AM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  I'm excited! No exhibition this season, so first action we'll see from the squad is a matchup against an America East team. I'll share plenty more thoughts later, but was anxious to get some discussion started!

we have 4 naia teams that might as well exhibition games.03-lmfao

I agree with Super on this point. The EMU noncon schedule is actually well balanced if not on the tougher side. But that all gets murky when you start claiming 4 of your wind as NAIA wins. Make a couple of those exhibitions as they have done in the past. A 19 win season would feel more impressive when only a couple are against lower division than would a 21 win season where every points to the excessive amount of lower division opponents.