CSNbbs
Formation of UAB Athletics Foundation announced - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Formation of UAB Athletics Foundation announced (/thread-756227.html)

Formation of UAB Athletics Foundation announced - Smaug - 11-04-2015 12:44 PM

We knew it was coming, but now it's official.

http://www.uabsports.com/genrel/110315aaa.html

RE: Formation of UAB Athletics Foundation announced - FlyHawk98 - 11-04-2015 12:56 PM

Congrats to UAB.

I hate the way it all went down, but it was a blessing in disguise as far as long term stability of the program.

I will always be a UAB fan unless you are playing Marshall.

RE: Formation of UAB Athletics Foundation announced - Smaug - 11-04-2015 01:35 PM

(11-04-2015 12:56 PM)FlyHawk98 Wrote:  Congrats to UAB.

I hate the way it all went down, but it was a blessing in disguise as far as long term stability of the program.

I will always be a UAB fan unless you are playing Marshall.

Thanks, my brutha. We are Marshall and we are UAB.

RE: Formation of UAB Athletics Foundation announced - Nugget49er - 11-04-2015 04:03 PM

(11-04-2015 12:44 PM)Smaug Wrote:  We knew it was coming, but now it's official.

Quote:UAB Athletics Foundation board member Tommy Brigham said, “The significant progress we have made, culminating in the forming of the UAB Athletics Foundation, could not have been accomplished without the incredible leadership of the Birmingham community combined with President Watts’ extraordinary dedication to working constructively and collaboratively with the leadership in our city, and the first rate support we have received from the UA System trustees, especially Johnny Johns, Barbara Humphrey, Karen Brooks, Finis St. John and Britt Sexton.

Quote:UAB Blazer Head Football Coach Bill Clark said the new Foundation is a major step for the Blazer football program and for UAB Athletics. Clark said, “I want to thank our donors and our leadership, including Dr. Watts, Mark Ingram and the Board of Trustees, for helping make this a reality.

How has Watts managed to rehabilitate himself so now he is part of the solution?

RE: Formation of UAB Athletics Foundation announced - Smaug - 11-04-2015 04:20 PM

He hasn't, but we're apparently stuck with him, so everyone's playing nice.

RE: Formation of UAB Athletics Foundation announced - UABslant - 11-04-2015 08:11 PM

It seems like the Birmingham money guys said we will do this with or without you. We can be more successful with your help and you can rehabilitate your image in the process.

It might be a win-win for all involved.

RE: Formation of UAB Athletics Foundation announced - MUther - 11-05-2015 04:18 AM

(11-04-2015 04:03 PM)Nugget49er Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 12:44 PM)Smaug Wrote:  We knew it was coming, but now it's official.

Quote:UAB Athletics Foundation board member Tommy Brigham said, “The significant progress we have made, culminating in the forming of the UAB Athletics Foundation, could not have been accomplished without the incredible leadership of the Birmingham community combined with President Watts’ extraordinary dedication to working constructively and collaboratively with the leadership in our city, and the first rate support we have received from the UA System trustees, especially Johnny Johns, Barbara Humphrey, Karen Brooks, Finis St. John and Britt Sexton.

Quote:UAB Blazer Head Football Coach Bill Clark said the new Foundation is a major step for the Blazer football program and for UAB Athletics. Clark said, “I want to thank our donors and our leadership, including Dr. Watts, Mark Ingram and the Board of Trustees, for helping make this a reality.

How has Watts managed to rehabilitate himself so now he is part of the solution?

That former UAT RB Mark Ingram? Or just a coincidence? He hasn't even been out of the program what 4 years? Seems kinda soon for him to be involved with the board, but he probably has some $$ after playing with the Saints if the same dude.

RE: Formation of UAB Athletics Foundation announced - UABGrad - 11-05-2015 04:23 AM

Not the same Mark Ingram. This one is white and pudgy.

RE: Formation of UAB Athletics Foundation announced - ATTALLABLAZE - 11-05-2015 01:35 PM

Looks like the Pillsbury Dough Boy. When you poke his belly he goes "who who who who"