CSNbbs
Orlando Sun Sentinel to Marco Rubio: Resign now! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Orlando Sun Sentinel to Marco Rubio: Resign now! (/thread-755142.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Orlando Sun Sentinel to Marco Rubio: Resign now! - Max Power - 10-28-2015 12:31 PM

[Image: rubio-water-stay-thirsty.jpg]

The Orlando paper publishes a scathing op-ed today, Marco Rubio should resign, not rip us off.

Rubio has blown off his Senate job and expressed open contempt for it but refuses to resign his seat and stop collecting paychecks, leaving Florida with one senator for the next 14 months for all intents and purposes:

Quote:Sorry, senator, but Floridians sent you to Washington to do a job. We've got serious problems with clogged highways, eroding beaches, flat Social Security checks and people who want to shut down the government.
If you hate your job, senator, follow the honorable lead of House Speaker John Boehner and resign it.

Let us elect someone who wants to be there and earn an honest dollar for an honest day's work. Don't leave us without one of our two representatives in the Senate for the next 15 months or so. [...]

True, it's not easy to raise money and run a presidential campaign while doing your day job. But two other candidates — Sens. Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders — have missed only 10 Senate votes during their campaigns for the White House. You, on the other hand, have missed 59, according to a tally by Politico. This includes votes on the Keystone pipeline, the Export-Import Bank and trade, to name just a few.

I think everyone understands that an elected official running for president is going to be less engaged, but this is ridiculous. And because it's the American taxpayer and not the state of Florida paying his salary, he's ripping us all off.

RE: Orlando Sun Sentinel to Marco Rubio: Resign now! - Lord Stanley - 10-28-2015 12:38 PM

Liberals thought it just fine for Obama to do the exact same thing. But now it suddenly a concern?

03-lmfao

RE: Orlando Sun Sentinel to Marco Rubio: Resign now! - Max Power - 10-28-2015 12:43 PM

Where's your evidence? I don't remember it being that bad, and them being called out on it, and either Obama or Hillary expressing open contempt for the office they held back them

RE: Orlando Sun Sentinel to Marco Rubio: Resign now! - VA49er - 10-28-2015 12:44 PM

03-lmfao

RE: Orlando Sun Sentinel to Marco Rubio: Resign now! - Lord Stanley - 10-28-2015 12:55 PM

(10-28-2015 12:43 PM)Max Power Wrote:  Where's your evidence? I don't remember it being that bad, and them being called out on it, and either Obama or Hillary expressing open contempt for the office they held back them

Wait what? You are of the opinion that Obama was a hard-working Senator?

RE: Orlando Sun Sentinel to Marco Rubio: Resign now! - Max Power - 10-28-2015 12:59 PM

I'm of the opinion that Obama didn't completely neglect his senate duties and miss important votes while running for president.

RE: Orlando Sun Sentinel to Marco Rubio: Resign now! - ODUgradstudent - 10-28-2015 01:04 PM

(10-28-2015 12:59 PM)Max Power Wrote:  I'm of the opinion that Obama didn't completely neglect his senate duties and miss important votes while running for president.

He missed nearly 80% of votes from September 2007 to November.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/11/02/obama.missed.votes/

In the total of the last quarter of 2007 he missed nearly 90%

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3290381/Marco-no-Rubio-defends-Senate-absences-records-Senator-Barack-Obama-missed-votes-2008-campaign-s-early-going-Hillary-Clinton-ended-doing-worse.html

RE: Orlando Sun Sentinel to Marco Rubio: Resign now! - Lord Stanley - 10-28-2015 01:06 PM

I mean, a very simple Google would have saved you this embarrasment...

Quote:Rubio has missed 44.6 per cent of his Senate votes since launching his presidential campaign,
Barack Obama missed 89.4 of his votes during the last quarter of 2007 while he was a U.S. senator running for president
Senator Hillary Clinton missed 83.5 per cent of her votes in the same quarter

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3290381/Marco-no-Rubio-defends-Senate-absences-records-Senator-Barack-Obama-missed-votes-2008-campaign-s-early-going-Hillary-Clinton-ended-doing-worse.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/05/01/ted-

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/10/democrats-will-have-a-hard-time-criticizing-rubios-voting-record.phpcruz-barack-obama-and-the-biggest-vote-missers-in-the-senate/

RE: Orlando Sun Sentinel to Marco Rubio: Resign now! - Max Power - 10-28-2015 01:19 PM

That's not an apples to apples comparison and it's very misleading for the DailyMail to compare Rubio's vote totals from his entire campaign to Obama's and Hillary's near the end. Obama and Hillary started missing votes altogether in November and December as the campaign between the two heated up and they were debating every week. Rubio started missing votes regularly a couple months ago, and now misses nearly all of them.

Regardless, like I said, they didn't miss important votes such as TPP, the Import Export bank and KXL. Missing votes on renaming post offices or whether to call the Iranian Rev Guard a "terrorist group" is far less consequential and more forgivable.

RE: Orlando Sun Sentinel to Marco Rubio: Resign now! - ericsrevenge76 - 10-28-2015 01:26 PM

(10-28-2015 01:06 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  I mean, a very simple Google would have saved you this embarrasment...

Quote:Rubio has missed 44.6 per cent of his Senate votes since launching his presidential campaign,
Barack Obama missed 89.4 of his votes during the last quarter of 2007 while he was a U.S. senator running for president
Senator Hillary Clinton missed 83.5 per cent of her votes in the same quarter

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/05/01/ted-

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/10/democrats-will-have-a-hard-time-criticizing-rubios-voting-record.phpcruz-barack-obama-and-the-biggest-vote-missers-in-the-senate/

Well, there goes his argument. lol

We all remember Obama's laughable senate record, but people like max were so busy anointing him the GOAT that they never even noticed this stuff.

Thus, the blatant foot in mouth thread here.

RE: Orlando Sun Sentinel to Marco Rubio: Resign now! - Redwingtom - 10-28-2015 01:27 PM

So 2 (or 3) wrongs make a right. Thanks for clearing that up.

RE: Orlando Sun Sentinel to Marco Rubio: Resign now! - Fitbud - 10-28-2015 01:31 PM

(10-28-2015 12:38 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Liberals thought it just fine for Obama to do the exact same thing. But now it suddenly a concern?

03-lmfao

I seriously doubt liberals wrote this.

RE: Orlando Sun Sentinel to Marco Rubio: Resign now! - ODUgradstudent - 10-28-2015 01:31 PM

(10-28-2015 01:19 PM)Max Power Wrote:  That's not an apples to apples comparison and it's very misleading for the DailyMail to compare Rubio's vote totals from his entire campaign to Obama's and Hillary's near the end. Obama and Hillary started missing votes altogether in November and December as the campaign between the two heated up and they were debating every week. Rubio started missing votes regularly a couple months ago, and now misses nearly all of them.

Regardless, like I said, they didn't miss important votes such as TPP, the Import Export bank and KXL. Missing votes on renaming post offices or whether to call the Iranian Rev Guard a "terrorist group" is far less consequential and more forgivable.

[Image: 2DD024BE00000578-3290381-image-a-52_1445890428131.jpg]

The comparable data (Apr-Sept the year before the election) has Rubio as missing 40.9% of votes and Obama as missing 37.7%. Those are very similar numbers, that's not misleading.

You're saying it's OK for Hillary and Obama to do (not do) something, but not Rubio. You cherry pick your data and spout off hypocritical opinions to support your bias.

RE: Orlando Sun Sentinel to Marco Rubio: Resign now! - Bull_In_Exile - 10-28-2015 01:36 PM

(10-28-2015 01:19 PM)Max Power Wrote:  That's not an apples to apples comparison and it's very misleading for the DailyMail to compare Rubio's vote totals

You're better than this Max.... Oh wait, you're not..

RE: Orlando Sun Sentinel to Marco Rubio: Resign now! - firmbizzle - 10-28-2015 01:38 PM

This guy hates his current job, hated his previous jobs, now wants me to elect him to a new job that he will hate.

RE: Orlando Sun Sentinel to Marco Rubio: Resign now! - EverRespect - 10-28-2015 01:42 PM

I agree with the paper. He should resign.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RE: Orlando Sun Sentinel to Marco Rubio: Resign now! - Lord Stanley - 10-28-2015 01:42 PM

(10-28-2015 01:31 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(10-28-2015 12:38 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Liberals thought it just fine for Obama to do the exact same thing. But now it suddenly a concern?

03-lmfao

Max wrote it in post #6.

(10-28-2015 01:27 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  So 2 (or 3) wrongs make a right. Thanks for clearing that up.

How convenient for liberals to now be concerned about this....... but only concerned about how it's a potential Republican with the issue.

RE: Orlando Sun Sentinel to Marco Rubio: Resign now! - Redwingtom - 10-28-2015 01:43 PM

Still waiting for anyone to provide the evidence of liberals saying it was alright for Obama and Hillary to miss votes but not Rubio....................

RE: Orlando Sun Sentinel to Marco Rubio: Resign now! - Redwingtom - 10-28-2015 01:45 PM

(10-28-2015 01:42 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(10-28-2015 01:31 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

03-lmfao

Max wrote it in post #6.

(10-28-2015 01:27 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  So 2 (or 3) wrongs make a right. Thanks for clearing that up.

How convenient for liberals to now be concerned about this....... but only concerned about how it's a potential Republican with the issue.

Who said I was concerned about Rubio's senate votes?

I just laughed about it last week because he was railing about others not doing their job when he wasn't doing his either.

It's not exactly a mystery that senators and congressman don't exactly work all that hard or are well thought of.

If you want something I'm concerned about, it's Rand Paul being allowed to run for both a Senate seat and for President.

RE: Orlando Sun Sentinel to Marco Rubio: Resign now! - EverRespect - 10-28-2015 01:46 PM

(10-28-2015 01:38 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  This guy hates his current job, hated his previous jobs, now wants me to elect him to a new job that he will hate.
Exactly, he's a little boy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk