CSNbbs
Republican debate - questions I'd ask - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Republican debate - questions I'd ask (/thread-755133.html)

Republican debate - questions I'd ask - QuestionSocratic - 10-28-2015 11:30 AM

Since today's debate is hosted by CNBC, we should expect (but can't count on) most of the questions being related to the economy. Since the Fed will make a rate announcement today, we should have some certainty that will be discussed. Nonetheless, the following questions would dig deeper into the candidates' positions on several controversial issues. These include a couple of easy ones to start and a final blockbuster:

1. Do you support the Trans Pacific Partnership Trade agreement and why?

2. Do you support the approval of the Keystone Pipeline?

3. What would be your approach to encourage US companies to repatriate the significant amounts of profits held in overseas jurisdictions?

4. How would you suggest the tax code be amended, or left alone, concerning the treatment of carry interest?

5. How would you propose to make Social Security secure beyond the anticipated insolvency during or around 2034?

RE: Republican debate - questions I'd ask - shiftyeagle - 10-28-2015 11:34 AM

6) Specifically how can you push to balance the budget without raising taxes?

7) How can you change ObamaCare (I'm sick and tired of hearing how they'll repeal it....that's bull****) to take the financial burden off the middle-class?

8) Why does it appear to be so easy for you to commit boots on the ground, inevitably leading to American deaths, to fight an unwinnable war with no "good side?"

9) Which superfluous or unnecessary departments/bureaucracies would you push to eliminate?

10) What is your favorite color?

RE: Republican debate - questions I'd ask - QuestionSocratic - 10-28-2015 11:44 AM

Quote:9) Which superfluous or unnecessary departments/bureaucracies would you push to eliminate?

Saw this recently.

From a memo from Chief of Staff Hamilton Jorden to President Jimmy Carter regarding the creation of the Department of Education:

Quote:The following are the major political considerations that you should be aware of in making this decision:

1. The teachers organizations—particularly the National Education Association—are the fastest growing, most active, and by many standards the most effective political organizations in this country. .....

2. These groups—particularly the NEA—have been our political friends in the Presidential campaign and our allies on many crucial legislative battles.......

I would strongly recommend that you support the creation of a separate Department of Education for the following reasons: .....

The teachers of this country have been our political friends in the past and can be our valuable political allies in the future ....

RE: Republican debate - questions I'd ask - Hitch - 10-28-2015 12:10 PM

What positions within the GOP platform do you disagree with?

RE: Republican debate - questions I'd ask - EverRespect - 10-28-2015 12:18 PM

(10-28-2015 11:30 AM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  Since today's debate is hosted by CNBC, we should expect (but can't count on) most of the questions being related to the economy. Since the Fed will make a rate announcement today, we should have some certainty that will be discussed. Nonetheless, the following questions would dig deeper into the candidates' positions on several controversial issues. These include a couple of easy ones to start and a final blockbuster:

3. What would be your approach to encourage US companies to repatriate the significant amounts of profits held in overseas jurisdictions?

4. How would you suggest the tax code be amended, or left alone, concerning the treatment of carry interest?

5. How would you propose to make Social Security secure beyond the anticipated insolvency during or around 2034?
All good questions, but I don't expect many good questions. It'll more like,

"Dr. Carson, you are a 7th Day [whatever it is]. How can you guide the economy when your religious beliefs ban charging interest and see the stock market as a form of gambling?"

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RE: Republican debate - questions I'd ask - Smaug - 10-28-2015 12:21 PM

Would you attend your child's gay wedding?

Just kidding. I don't care.

RE: Republican debate - questions I'd ask - QuestionSocratic - 10-29-2015 04:36 PM

(10-28-2015 11:30 AM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  Since today's debate is hosted by CNBC, we should expect (but can't count on) most of the questions being related to the economy. Since the Fed will make a rate announcement today, we should have some certainty that will be discussed. Nonetheless, the following questions would dig deeper into the candidates' positions on several controversial issues. These include a couple of easy ones to start and a final blockbuster:

Very disappointing moderators.

RE: Republican debate - questions I'd ask - HeartOfDixie - 10-29-2015 04:43 PM

Why are you all racist shitlords?

Ho! Ho! Ho!

RE: Republican debate - questions I'd ask - EverRespect - 10-29-2015 04:45 PM

(10-28-2015 12:18 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  

All good questions, but I don't expect many good questions. It'll more like,

"Dr. Carson, you are a 7th Day [whatever it is]. How can you guide the economy when your religious beliefs ban charging interest and see the stock market as a form of gambling?"

I pretty much nailed it.

RE: Republican debate - questions I'd ask - EverRespect - 10-29-2015 08:20 PM

Donald Trump, are you a comic book villain? Ben Carson, can you do math? John Kasich, will you insult two people over here? Marco Rubio, why don't you resign? Jeb Bush, why have your numbers fallen? 

RE: Republican debate - questions I'd ask - CardFan1 - 10-30-2015 05:31 AM

Why does NBC have the Lowest ratings of All of the Networks ? would have been a great response.