CSNbbs
*****Southern Miss @ Charlotte live game thread***** - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: *****Southern Miss @ Charlotte live game thread***** (/thread-753494.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

*****Southern Miss @ Charlotte live game thread***** - EagleX - 10-17-2015 10:10 PM

I'm in the carolinas. I'm looking forwards to attending that game

RE: *** Southern Miss at Charlotte live game thread*** - SouthernMissSNu - 10-18-2015 09:48 AM

I can't wait to travel to this game.

RE: *** Southern Miss at Charlotte live game thread*** - ah59396 - 10-18-2015 10:14 AM

Charlotte's a great city with plenty to do. Just do yourself a favor and stay downtown and not near the university area. It's a boring suburban nightmare. Unless you need to make a trip to Ikea.

RE: *** Southern Miss at Charlotte live game thread*** - stinkfist - 10-18-2015 06:47 PM

opening line is southern miss -16.5 .....sounds about right

RE: *** Southern Miss at Charlotte live game thread*** - VA49er - 10-19-2015 08:30 AM

Yeah, this one might get ugly.

RE: *** Southern Miss at Charlotte live game thread*** - shiftyeagle - 10-19-2015 09:38 AM

Wish I could make it up there, but it's not in the cards right now.

RE: *** Southern Miss at Charlotte live game thread*** - Ace Barker - 10-19-2015 09:40 AM

Unless work steps in I hope to make a quick trip up and back.

Ace...

RE: *** Southern Miss at Charlotte live game thread*** - Niner National - 10-19-2015 10:15 AM

I read that USM is bringing their band. Any USM fans know if that is accurate?

RE: *** Southern Miss at Charlotte live game thread*** - Eagle Lurker - 10-19-2015 10:34 AM

(10-19-2015 10:15 AM)Niner National Wrote:  I read that USM is bringing their band. Any USM fans know if that is accurate?

The band is indeed coming. I think we should have a nice crowd. I'm heading up Friday afternoon.

RE: *** Southern Miss at Charlotte live game thread*** - chidave - 10-19-2015 10:50 AM

That's great that you're bringing the band. It should be an overflow crowd, with plenty of festivities. I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced, I have a ton of respect for your program and you seem to be on the way back to where you should be. CUSA is a better conference with a strong Southern Miss.

I hope we're not too deflated after emotional defeat last week at ODU, and I am scared about matching up with you in your short passing game. If the QB play can equal last week's play, maybe we can keep it close for a bit. 04-cheers

RE: *** Southern Miss at Charlotte live game thread*** - gsuncc - 10-19-2015 10:51 AM

Everyone coming to the game, safe travels. Ought to be a great atmosphere, just wish it wasn't a noon kick-off, but it is what it is....

Can't beat football Saturdays in the fall!!

RE: *** Southern Miss at Charlotte live game thread*** - BeliefBlazer - 10-19-2015 11:01 AM

I'm looking forward to it. It will be my fifth stadium so far this fall.

RE: *** Southern Miss at Charlotte live game thread*** - wh49er - 10-19-2015 11:23 AM

Impressive that USM is bringing their band all the way to Charlotte.

RE: *** Southern Miss at Charlotte live game thread*** - 919R - 10-19-2015 11:53 AM

(10-19-2015 11:23 AM)wh49er Wrote:  Impressive that USM is bringing their band all the way to Charlotte.

I think some others have wanted to in the past, but WE have to allow it. This is the first request that we have granted for that. Judy said the USM band is ~250 people strong, so 400+ members between the 2 bands. Should add to the excitement.

RE: *** Southern Miss at Charlotte live game thread*** - MasMack - 10-19-2015 02:21 PM

The Pride of Mississippi will be in Charlotte. One of the best bands around. Here is a little about the Pride.

"Founded in 1920, the 20-piece brass ensemble has evolved to its current number of 300. Having performed for such events as Franklin D. Roosevelt's inaugural parade in the 1930s, gubernatorial inaugurations, the Senior Bowl Classics and professional and collegiate bowl games, the Pride of Mississippi Marching Band (the Pride) has enjoyed more television and national audience exposure than any other band in the South. Additionally, the Pride has toured throughout the United States and to England and Ireland. Recently the Pride performed at half time during alumni Brett Favres' Green Bay Packers game in Wisconsin. In 2009, The Pride was selected to march in the 2010 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, making it the first university marching band in Mississippi to be selected for this honor.

In 1977 when Jimmy Carter was sworn in as 39th President of the United States in Washington, D.C., the Southern Miss Pride of Mississippi Marching Band was invited by him to be present. Also, Twenty-five members from each college band in Mississippi were selected by their college directors to make up an All-Star Band to represent Mississippi in the inaugural parade in Washington. The band rehearsed in Jackson, Mississippi prior to flying to Washington on the "Peanut Special" (plane that brought the Carter Family to Washington, where they participated in the event).

Although mainly made up of music majors enrolled in the University of Southern Mississippi School of Music, the Pride of Mississippi is open to all students enrolled at the University of Southern Mississippi. Scholarships are offered to both music majors as well as non-majors.

The Pride of Mississippi was referred to in the 1980s as the most televised band in the land for being televised on national television numerous times as well as being placed in the Guinness Book of World Record for this feat.

Most Recently, The Pride marched in the 2010 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Further contributing to their "Most Televised Band" title.

Even more recently in March of 2015, The Pride of Mississippi traveled to Ireland to compete in the Limerick International Band Championships and in the Dublin St Patrick's Day Parade/Festival. The Pride won the Limerick competition as the "Best Band Overall". In the Dublin parade, The Pride won the "Best Adult Marching Band" title. With the Dublin parade being televised, The Pride continues to contribute to being the "Most Televised Band"."

http://www.usm.edu/music/bands

RE: *** Southern Miss at Charlotte live game thread*** - Nugget49er - 10-19-2015 02:37 PM

(10-19-2015 11:01 AM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  I'm looking forward to it. It will be my fifth stadium so far this fall.

That is mighty impressive for a guy without a football team. Hell, it is impressive for a guy with one. Welcome to The Rich.

RE: *** Southern Miss at Charlotte live game thread*** - Blue_Trombone - 10-19-2015 02:38 PM

Get 'em Niners!

RE: *****Southern Miss @ Charlotte live game thread***** - SoMs Eagle - 10-19-2015 03:23 PM

(10-19-2015 02:38 PM)Blue_Trombone Wrote:  Get 'em Niners!

No. They won't even win the battle of the bands03-nutkick

RE: *****Southern Miss @ Charlotte live game thread***** - chidave - 10-19-2015 03:47 PM

After reading the link above, I think the odds of us winning on the field are greater than winning the battle of the bands 03-wink. Can't wait to see how The Rich is with two bands roaring 03-thumbsup

RE: *****Southern Miss @ Charlotte live game thread***** - Eagle Lurker - 10-19-2015 05:41 PM

For anybody coming up from MS or AL for this game, a word of warning: Talladega has a race running this weekend. Should not be too bad on traffic Friday, but Sunday will be brutal. I have been stuck in it for over 2 hours before; witnessing drunks falling out of trucks and cars just slowly driving off into ditches. If you are going back to Hattiesburg, you would be well served to stay with 85 to Montgomery and go back through Mobile.