CSNbbs
WKU still in mix for Go5 access bowl slot - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: WKU still in mix for Go5 access bowl slot (/thread-752902.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

WKU still in mix for Go5 access bowl slot - CrushMI - 10-13-2015 02:11 PM

Group of 5 F/+ rankings after 6 weeks
27. Navy (4-1)
28. Boise State (5-1)
29. Western Kentucky (5-1)
35. Toledo (5-0)
45. Louisiana Tech (4-2)
46. Temple (5-0)
50. Houston (5-0)
54. Ohio (5-1)
56. Memphis (5-0)
59. East Carolina (3-3)

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football...eon-harris

RE: WKU still in mix for Go5 access bowl slot - ThreeifbyLightning - 10-13-2015 02:35 PM

Why are the undefeated AAC schools so low? Serious question. That looks suspect. I'm guessing this is not the primary ranking that will be used since the link won't open for me.

RE: WKU still in mix for Go5 access bowl slot - Shrack - 10-13-2015 02:39 PM

(10-13-2015 02:35 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Why are the undefeated AAC schools so low? Serious question. That looks suspect. I'm guessing this is not the primary ranking that will be used since the link won't open for me.

Yeah. La. Tech shouldn't be that high. Memphis, Houston, and Temple should be higher.

RE: WKU still in mix for Go5 access bowl slot - BeliefBlazer - 10-13-2015 02:50 PM

Link: http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/10/13/9513313/florida-will-grier-suspension-treon-harris

A 1 loss Boise or 1 loss AAC team is practically guaranteed to get in over WKU barring an incredible upset in Death Valley.

RE: WKU still in mix for Go5 access bowl slot - NanoDawg - 10-13-2015 03:40 PM

(10-13-2015 02:39 PM)Shrack Wrote:  
(10-13-2015 02:35 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Why are the undefeated AAC schools so low? Serious question. That looks suspect. I'm guessing this is not the primary ranking that will be used since the link won't open for me.

Yeah. La. Tech shouldn't be that high. Memphis, Houston, and Temple should be higher.

quality losses 04-rock

RE: WKU still in mix for Go5 access bowl slot - FIU4Ever - 10-13-2015 04:11 PM

(10-13-2015 03:40 PM)NanoDawg Wrote:  

quality losses 04-rock

Plus a quality win over FIU

Ok, you can stop laughing now 01-lauramac2

RE: WKU still in mix for Go5 access bowl slot - ESE84 - 10-13-2015 04:13 PM

Houston's five wins have come against Tennessee Tech (2-4), Louisville (2-3), Texas State (1-4), Tulsa (3-2), and SMU (1-4). Their next three are against Tulane, UCF, and Vanderbilt. Their strength of schedule will improve at the end of the season with Memphis, Navy, and Cincinnati.

Coogs are getting it done, but I think the strength of schedule is hurting them so far. I think they will be undefeated heading into the AAC championship game.

RE: WKU still in mix for Go5 access bowl slot - WKUApollo - 10-13-2015 04:22 PM

The numbers will shake out as the season progresses but so far, OOC schedule is the reason WKU is above Houston, Memphis and Temple.
For example,

Houston beat a FCS, a bad Louisville team, and a Sun Belt team. Louisville is 1-3 against FBS teams.

Memphis beat a FCS, an 0-5 Kansas, and a MAC team.

WKU beat a MAC team, a 2-3 Vandy, and lost a close game against a 4-2 Indiana.

Temple beat a good Penn State, a MAC team, and Charlotte.

Personally, I'd put Temple above WKU at the moment. Neither Temple nor WKU have played a FCS so that is what I think currently puts them higher than Memphis or Houston.

As the season progresses and they play more games, unless WKU beats LSU, Memphis and Houston will pass WKU on that kind of ranking.

RE: WKU still in mix for Go5 access bowl slot - monarchoptimist - 10-13-2015 04:26 PM

(10-13-2015 04:22 PM)WKUApollo Wrote:  

The numbers will shake out as the season progresses but so far, OOC schedule is the reason WKU is above Houston, Memphis and Temple.
For example,

Houston beat a FCS, a bad Louisville team, and a Sun Belt team. Louisville is 1-3 against FBS teams.

Memphis beat a FCS, an 0-5 Kansas, and a MAC team.

WKU beat a MAC team, a 2-3 Vandy, and lost a close game against a 4-2 Indiana.

Temple beat a good Penn State, a MAC team, and Charlotte.

Personally, I'd put Temple above WKU at the moment. Neither Temple nor WKU have played a FCS so that is what I think currently puts them higher than Memphis or Houston.

As the season progresses and they play more games, unless WKU beats LSU, Memphis and Houston will pass WKU on that kind of ranking.

I agree assuming we are talking about an undefeated Houston or Memphis and a 2 loss WKU. But WKU is gonna remain in the race as long as their only additional loss is to LSU.

RE: WKU still in mix for Go5 access bowl slot - BRtransplant - 10-13-2015 04:54 PM

This list is total BS.

WKU still in mix for Go5 access bowl slot - galojah - 10-14-2015 07:02 AM

We are not in the mix. Even with an LSU win I doubt seriously we would be in the mix.

RE: WKU still in mix for Go5 access bowl slot - WKUFan518 - 10-14-2015 07:11 AM

If we continue to beat down people by 30 every game we might have a chance, haha...If we beat LSU and win out, I don't see any way they leave us out....Remember its also an eyeball test and we have been on TV a ton and will be vs. LSU....Before anyone asks, no I don't expect to beat LSU @ LSU, I do hope we can at least make them sweat a little...

WKU still in mix for Go5 access bowl slot - galojah - 10-14-2015 07:28 AM

We would need a couple teams to lose some games. Us on our own won't get us there.

RE: WKU still in mix for Go5 access bowl slot - nastybunch - 10-14-2015 07:30 AM

If you beat LSU, you are in the mix.

RE: WKU still in mix for Go5 access bowl slot - BigSkyGuy - 10-14-2015 08:37 AM

The only list that matters in the one that comes out on Nov 3rd, from the CFP committee.

RE: WKU still in mix for Go5 access bowl slot - westsidewolf1989 - 10-14-2015 10:04 AM

(10-14-2015 07:30 AM)nastybunch Wrote:  If you beat LSU, you are in the mix.

Agreed...beat an undefeated LSU and you all should be at the top. Only team that could usurp a one-loss WKU team at the end of this season, IMO, would be an undefeated AAC team.

RE: WKU still in mix for Go5 access bowl slot - THUNDERStruck73 - 10-14-2015 10:13 AM

(10-14-2015 10:04 AM)westsidewolf1989 Wrote:  

Agreed...beat an undefeated LSU and you all should be at the top. Only team that could usurp a one-loss WKU team at the end of this season, IMO, would be an undefeated AAC team.

Or an undefeated Toledo with two P5 wins and Boise.

The reason I say Boise is because ESPN is Boise's fluffer girl. If it's even close, ESPN will find a reason to put Boise into the AB.

That loss to Indiana is really gonna hurt because although they are 4-2 (they lost to a terrible Penn State team), they probably only have two probable wins and one up in the air with rival Purdue (rival games are quirky). The most likely scenario for them is 7-5/6-6.

RE: WKU still in mix for Go5 access bowl slot - WKUYG - 10-14-2015 10:26 AM

(10-14-2015 10:13 AM)THUNDERGround Wrote:  

The reason I say Boise is because ESPN is Boise's fluffer girl. If it's even close, ESPN will find a reason to put Boise into the AB.

That loss to Indiana is really gonna hurt because although they are 4-2 (they lost to a terrible Penn State team), they probably only have two probable wins and one up in the air with rival Purdue (rival games are quirky). The most likely scenario for them is 7-5/6-6.

I don't believe Western will beat LSU...probably wont be with in 14 points unless Western works the middle of the field. I don't think we can beat their corners like we have everyone else so far. But....

if the unexpected did happen (got my tickets from Western yesterday for this game) and Western pulls the upset and wins out with a win over a 1 loss Marshall and a 2 loss Tech (one of those being vs Western) I could see Western jumping ahead of a unbeaten Toledo. Western would also have 2 P5 wins at that point ...one over a top 10. Especially if the trend of games being over at the half continues for Western.

Likelihood of that happening ..winning out like that is a 500-1 shot at best. I would not be surprised if Western loss @FIU, we never play well down there.

WKU still in mix for Go5 access bowl slot - CyrusJS - 10-14-2015 11:00 AM

(10-14-2015 10:26 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(10-14-2015 10:13 AM)THUNDERGround Wrote:  

I don't believe Western will beat LSU...probably wont be with in 14 points unless Western works the middle of the field. I don't think we can beat their corners like we have everyone else so far. But....

if the unexpected did happen (got my tickets from Western yesterday for this game) and Western pulls the upset and wins out with a win over a 1 loss Marshall and a 2 loss Tech (one of those being vs Western) I could see Western jumping ahead of a unbeaten Toledo. Western would also have 2 P5 wins at that point ...one over a top 10. Especially if the trend of games being over at the half continues for Western.

Likelihood of that happening ..winning out like that is a 500-1 shot at best. I would not be surprised if Western loss @FIU, we never play well down there.

ESPN's FPI has our win out % at 8%. Gives us about an 18% chance of beating LSU. That's good enough odds for me. I'll be at the game and spending the weekend in Baton Rouge.

RE: WKU still in mix for Go5 access bowl slot - b0ndsj0ns - 10-14-2015 11:58 AM

I guess that must really value SOS, because ECU should not be that close to Memphis or Houston.