CSNbbs
Brescacin.. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Brescacin.. (/thread-752681.html)

Pages: 1 2

Brescacin.. - Ericleeschroeder - 10-12-2015 03:47 AM

Hey, not sure if this had been discussed in the past and if it has i apologize...

2 years ago in Detroit Brescacin made some excellent catches and I thought at this point he'd be a star receiver. He's got size (6'4) and the ability to make some great grabs. What is it that has kept him from emerging as a top receiver in the conference? He seemed to be targeted more by Lynch than he is by Hare. What did you guys expect from him at this stage of his career? Am I the only one that had super high expectations?

RE: Brescacin.. - JB04 - 10-12-2015 06:38 AM

He has made some catches this year. He is right in the mix with TLL, which I believe you can say the exact same thing for. With Kenny G having 500+ yards already, it seems everyone is getting the ball less. I think Canada has caught just about everything thrown to him, and it always seems like there is one game a year he somewhat saves us

RE: Brescacin.. - scottiep12 - 10-12-2015 07:37 AM

Don't think he was dressed at CMU. So there's probably not being 100% too.

RE: Brescacin.. - NIU32 - 10-12-2015 08:27 AM

we run the spread offense, it just doesn't really cater to his skill set bc hes not that fast.

i think we should have made him a TE a few years ago. i think he could have been a serious weapon for us in that role. much more athletic than Maxwell and better size and speed. he'd fit great at that position IMO

i think that also would have given him a better shot to get to the next level

RE: Brescacin.. - shack66 - 10-12-2015 08:53 AM

He's a big body which is awesome. Has a great catch radius which is awesome. What he lacks is the ability to separate. And that better options are emerging. KG, Turner, Beebe. Hare needs to build off of the BS game to get his confidence back for throwing to tight windows. Then he'll be able to go back to Brescacin, and let him use his hands and catch radius to beat defenders.

RE: Brescacin.. - NIU007 - 10-12-2015 12:10 PM

I think if you were going to do fade routes Brescacin would be a good option (though Golladay also is) but that doesn't appear to be a strength for Hare.

RE: Brescacin.. - 7 - 10-12-2015 12:11 PM

I love Canada. Met his mom in Detroit and she's an awesome lady. He just doesn't have enough speed and quickness to consistently gain separation from DBs.

RE: Brescacin.. - NIU007 - 10-12-2015 12:18 PM

I think in a pinch if you threw the ball up to him he'd likely come down with it. He seems to have good hands and catches well in traffic. But Hare's looking for guys that are more open than that.

Brescacin.. - NIU32 - 10-12-2015 12:31 PM

From what I've heard him and Hare are really good friends. Like I said though, he's just playing the wrong position. Match him up inside at TE and have him running against LBs and nickel backs and I think he has a huge advantage. With his hands and size that's where he's going to make his money. If you can't separate from MAC DBs you've got no chance vs NFL guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Brescacin.. - 7 - 10-12-2015 12:36 PM

(10-12-2015 12:31 PM)NIU32 Wrote:  From what I've heard him and Hare are really good friends. Like I said though, he's just playing the wrong position. Match him up inside at TE and have him running against LBs and nickel backs and I think he has a huge advantage. With his hands and size that's where he's going to make his money. If you can't separate from MAC DBs you've got no chance vs NFL guys

You realize the #1 job for NIU's TEs are to block, right? Do you have any reason to believe he could block that well?

Brescacin.. - NIU32 - 10-12-2015 12:49 PM

(10-12-2015 12:36 PM)7 Wrote:  
(10-12-2015 12:31 PM)NIU32 Wrote:  From what I've heard him and Hare are really good friends. Like I said though, he's just playing the wrong position. Match him up inside at TE and have him running against LBs and nickel backs and I think he has a huge advantage. With his hands and size that's where he's going to make his money. If you can't separate from MAC DBs you've got no chance vs NFL guys

You realize the #1 job for NIU's TEs are to block, right? Do you have any reason to believe he could block that well?

He can't be any worse of a blocker than Maxwell. Also, yes he has looked good blocking on some swing passes and sweeps blocking in his time here. Either way, it's the coaches job to use their players to their strengths. With his athleticism and coaching on blocking technique, I fee like he would have the size to block a little bit and the coaching staff could scheme him as more of a receiving TE. It's better than putting him outside on rotation and throwing to him once a game.

We do that all the time when we convert blocking TEs to OTs. Why not convert bigger WRs that lack separating speed to TEs?

Do you not agree that he could pose some major matchup problems inside and be more effective than outside?

RE: Brescacin.. - 7 - 10-12-2015 12:51 PM

No. I don't think any matchup problem he could potentially create at TE would make up for his likely substandard blocking. Especially when you consider NIU's struggled to block this year anyways.

RE: Brescacin.. - 7 - 10-12-2015 12:52 PM

Plus, I can tell you for a fact he in no way ever wanted to play TE.

Brescacin.. - NIU32 - 10-12-2015 12:57 PM

(10-12-2015 12:52 PM)7 Wrote:  Plus, I can tell you for a fact he in no way ever wanted to play TE.

Did Britt Davis want to play WR? In college football you don't always play where you want, you play where your asked.

You could use him as an H Back and situational TE and receiving downs and use our blocking TEs in the run game. Teams do that all the time.

Either way, doesn't really matter, it is what it is, I just feel like we're not using him well at all right now and a lot has to do w his separating speed as you agreed. Why not give yourself a chance to get more opportunities and possibly a chance at the next level rather than be barely involved in the offense?

Let's just agree to disagree on this one I guess

RE: Brescacin.. - 7 - 10-12-2015 12:59 PM

Yes, Britt actually went to Novak and suggested moving to WR.

Brescacin.. - NIU32 - 10-12-2015 01:08 PM

(10-12-2015 12:59 PM)7 Wrote:  Yes, Britt actually went to Novak and suggested moving to WR.

Talking about out of high school. He came to NIU to play QB. Regardless, not the point of was trying to make.

RE: Brescacin.. - huskiebob - 10-12-2015 01:21 PM

(10-12-2015 12:51 PM)7 Wrote:  No. I don't think any matchup problem he could potentially create at TE would make up for his likely substandard blocking. Especially when you consider NIU's struggled to block this year anyways.

+1

Tim Semisch created more of a matchup problem than Canada would. He was a only situational player at NIU because he wasn't a good blocker.

Brescacin.. - NIU32 - 10-12-2015 01:23 PM

(10-12-2015 01:21 PM)huskiebob Wrote:  
(10-12-2015 12:51 PM)7 Wrote:  No. I don't think any matchup problem he could potentially create at TE would make up for his likely substandard blocking. Especially when you consider NIU's struggled to block this year anyways.

+1

Tim Semisch created more of a matchup problem than Canada would. He was a only situational player at NIU because he wasn't a good blocker.

Yup, sucks when your not a good enough blocker to play at NIU, but can stick on an NFL team that runs a pro offense and requires a lot of blocking from the TE

RE: Brescacin.. - 7 - 10-12-2015 01:47 PM

Oh lord. It's Pat Schiller part 2. Stick on a practice squad for a year and all of a sudden it changes the fact the guy wasn't any good at NIU.

RE: Brescacin.. - HuskieJWN - 10-12-2015 03:03 PM

Also he didn't stick to a NFL team. He's a practice squad player on a terrible team. He's also in the NFL because of one thing, his size. Happy for him, but he sucked at NIU. When you're 6 foot 8 and you only play special teams you either have no work ethic or you can't block for ****.