CSNbbs
OT: Will the US win the CONCACAF playoff versus Mexico? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: OT: Will the US win the CONCACAF playoff versus Mexico? (/thread-752301.html)

OT: Will the US win the CONCACAF playoff versus Mexico? - DoubleAggie - 10-08-2015 08:32 PM

Saturday, 9 Eastern

RE: OT: Will the US win the CONCACAF playoff versus Mexico? - arkstfan - 10-09-2015 09:06 AM

I think we've looked like crap for some time now. No Dos a Cero this year.

RE: OT: Will the US win the CONCACAF playoff versus Mexico? - BurlingtonApp - 10-09-2015 09:22 AM

I hope we do, but I'm not feeling confident after the form we've been in lately, and it being a defacto home game for Mexico. I'll be watching and hoping for the best though!

RE: OT: Will the US win the CONCACAF playoff versus Mexico? - NCeagle - 10-09-2015 10:00 AM

we are playing in the US, right? If we lose, JK needs to go.

RE: OT: Will the US win the CONCACAF playoff versus Mexico? - chiefsfan - 10-09-2015 10:33 AM

(10-09-2015 10:00 AM)NCeagle Wrote:  we are playing in the US, right? If we lose, JK needs to go.

It's at the Rose Bowl, so we might as well be playing on the road. Supposedly CONCACAF distributed the tickets evenly among both supporter groups, but there's 30 percent for the general public, and the Mexican fans will lap those up.

Prepare for laser pointers, and players getting things thrown at them on corner kicks.

I do agree though, we lose, Klinsmann needs to go.

RE: OT: Will the US win the CONCACAF playoff versus Mexico? - DoubleAggie - 10-09-2015 11:31 AM

(10-09-2015 10:33 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Prepare for laser pointers, and players getting things thrown at them on corner kicks.

I hope someday that enough Mexico fans are embarrassed by that for it to end.

But given the Gold Cup, it wouldn't appear likely.

I do recall similar immaturity at NFL games in the not too distant past.

Aren't such fans ejected from games?

RE: OT: Will the US win the CONCACAF playoff versus Mexico? - chiefsfan - 10-09-2015 11:45 AM

(10-09-2015 11:31 AM)DoubleAggie Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 10:33 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Prepare for laser pointers, and players getting things thrown at them on corner kicks.

I hope someday that enough Mexico fans are embarrassed by that for it to end.

But given the Gold Cup, it wouldn't appear likely.

I do recall similar immaturity at NFL games in the not too distant past.

Aren't such fans ejected from games?

Soccer really doesn't have the history of fan ejections world wide. They have a lot more ability to do whatever they want. It took England years to clean up what was going on there, and they still have a fair amount of problems.

RE: OT: Will the US win the CONCACAF playoff versus Mexico? - arkstfan - 10-09-2015 11:54 AM

Soccer tends to do nothing about fans or go nuclear (ie. make the teams play in a closed stadium).

RE: OT: Will the US win the CONCACAF playoff versus Mexico? - el gato - 10-10-2015 12:54 AM

(10-09-2015 10:33 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 10:00 AM)NCeagle Wrote:  we are playing in the US, right? If we lose, JK needs to go.

It's at the Rose Bowl, so we might as well be playing on the road. Supposedly CONCACAF distributed the tickets evenly among both supporter groups, but there's 30 percent for the general public, and the Mexican fans will lap those up.

Prepare for laser pointers, and players getting things thrown at them on corner kicks.

I do agree though, we lose, Klinsmann needs to go.

It's all those damn illegals Trump has been warning us about. Now they are invading our sporting events and bring laser pointers with them. Build a wall already so that our fans canot enjoy a nice quiet well kept match. 01-lauramac2

RE: OT: Will the US win the CONCACAF playoff versus Mexico? - HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine - 10-10-2015 02:29 PM

Gotta love those immigrants that come to America for jobs, but root for Mexico and fly Mexican flags. If you love Mexico so much, stay there.

RE: OT: Will the US win the CONCACAF playoff versus Mexico? - chiefsfan - 10-10-2015 02:58 PM

(10-10-2015 02:29 PM)HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Wrote:  Gotta love those immigrants that come to America for jobs, but root for Mexico and fly Mexican flags. If you love Mexico so much, stay there.

So...umm, does that mean all the American Ex Pats who now reside in Europe shouldn't cheer for the USMNT?

RE: OT: Will the US win the CONCACAF playoff versus Mexico? - el gato - 10-10-2015 04:39 PM

Just to be clear I was being sarcastic...I actually own two Mexico futbol jerseys and love cheering for El Tri...except for today. Today it's all USA.

RE: OT: Will the US win the CONCACAF playoff versus Mexico? - Eagleditka - 10-10-2015 06:31 PM

Jurgen Klinsmann is better suited as a technical director. I like his overarching vision for US Soccer, but he's not a great tactican. Jogi Loew was always his X's and O's guy in Germany. Klinsmann built a lot of the foundation that lead to Germany's World Cup victory last summer. But Loew was objectively the better coach. Losing tonight would be unacceptable and a big step backwards.

RE: OT: Will the US win the CONCACAF playoff versus Mexico? - chiefsfan - 10-10-2015 08:51 PM

1-0 Mexico after just 9 minutes. This is going to get ugly

RE: OT: Will the US win the CONCACAF playoff versus Mexico? - chiefsfan - 10-10-2015 08:57 PM

US answers in 5 minutes. 1-1. Bottles already being thrown at US Players.

RE: OT: Will the US win the CONCACAF playoff versus Mexico? - chiefsfan - 10-10-2015 09:32 PM

1-1 at halftime

RE: OT: Will the US win the CONCACAF playoff versus Mexico? - chiefsfan - 10-10-2015 10:33 PM

1-1 going to Extra Time. Mexico should have gotten a late penalty, but Ref didn't see a Matt Besler handball.

RE: OT: Will the US win the CONCACAF playoff versus Mexico? - chiefsfan - 10-10-2015 10:44 PM

Well...that was expected. 2-1 Mexico. About 24 minutes left

RE: OT: Will the US win the CONCACAF playoff versus Mexico? - HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine - 10-10-2015 11:07 PM

(10-10-2015 02:58 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(10-10-2015 02:29 PM)HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Wrote:  Gotta love those immigrants that come to America for jobs, but root for Mexico and fly Mexican flags. If you love Mexico so much, stay there.

So...umm, does that mean all the American Ex Pats who now reside in Europe shouldn't cheer for the USMNT?

Do they still have their citizenship?

RE: OT: Will the US win the CONCACAF playoff versus Mexico? - chiefsfan - 10-10-2015 11:15 PM

US drops an excruciating game 3-2 in Extra time on a last minute incredible goal for Mexico.

Fire Jugen?