CSNbbs
New England FBS: UCONN, UMass, and BC to play on a regular basis? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: New England FBS: UCONN, UMass, and BC to play on a regular basis? (/thread-751294.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

New England FBS: UCONN, UMass, and BC to play on a regular basis? - HuskyU - 10-01-2015 12:41 PM

"There is an informal dialogue ongoing between Chestnut Hill and Storrs, CT, to add UConn to BC’s home schedule in 2016. BC has UMass on its slate for next year at Alumni Stadium. Eagles athletic director Brad Bates likes the idea of having the three New England FBS schools playing each other on a regular basis."

Interesting to see if anything comes of this.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/college/college_football/2015/09/bc_notebook_health_plan_pays_off_for_bc

RE: New England FBS: UCONN, UMass, and BC to play on a regular basis? - Hank Schrader - 10-01-2015 01:04 PM

(10-01-2015 12:41 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  "There is an informal dialogue ongoing between Chestnut Hill and Storrs, CT, to add UConn to BC’s home schedule in 2016. BC has UMass on its slate for next year at Alumni Stadium. Eagles athletic director Brad Bates likes the idea of having the three New England FBS schools playing each other on a regular basis."

Interesting to see if anything comes of this.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/college/college_football/2015/09/bc_notebook_health_plan_pays_off_for_bc

I want this to happen, but I won't believe the cowards of chestnut hill will play UConn until I see it with my own eyes.

Having said that it will be great internet fun watching what's left of that fanbase explain how a game with UConn can sell out Alumni Stadium while USC and FSU could not. After years of trying to convince the world BC does not care about UConn, that will be high level entertainment.

RE: New England FBS: UCONN, UMass, and BC to play on a regular basis? - pesik - 10-01-2015 01:12 PM

its a good idea...

like florida, fsu and miami (when all 3 were in diference conferences)....

bc can gain from playing the 2 huge state flagships that are next door (with its struggling attendance)
umass and uconn can gain buzz from beating a p5, especially the local one
and umass and uconn can grow their rivalry that was slowly dying

all 3 wins as it gives the locals a reason to be emotionally invested in the local teams

RE: New England FBS: UCONN, UMass, and BC to play on a regular basis? - HartfordHusky - 10-01-2015 01:12 PM

Would love to see it. We need to play these regional games on a regular basis and make them mean something. We should have a Governor's Cup with UMass or something. The BC rivalry already has plenty of juice. I was looking forward to playing UMass at Gillette next year though and we shouldn't settle for anything less than a home and home or home, neutral, home for any potential BC series.

RE: New England FBS: UCONN, UMass, and BC to play on a regular basis? - DefCONNOne - 10-01-2015 01:27 PM

I'll believe BC is serious about playing UCONN when both teams are on the field for the opening kickoff. Otherwise it's more scuttlebutt from sources not located in Chestnut Hill.

RE: New England FBS: UCONN, UMass, and BC to play on a regular basis? - billybobby777 - 10-01-2015 01:51 PM

(10-01-2015 01:27 PM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  I'll believe BC is serious about playing UCONN when both teams are on the field for the opening kickoff. Otherwise it's more scuttlebutt from sources not located in Chestnut Hill.

It would be great for those 3 to be paying each other every year. Once upon a time before Espin ruined everything this was what college football was all about: playing the schools next to you geographically for local/regional bragging rights. I know by saying that I just committed a sin to all the TV footprint apologists who started watching college football in 1998. Espin, you suck!!!! Cheers!

RE: New England FBS: UCONN, UMass, and BC to play on a regular basis? - blunderbuss - 10-01-2015 01:53 PM

All 3 need to play every year

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

RE: New England FBS: UCONN, UMass, and BC to play on a regular basis? - Attackcoog - 10-01-2015 02:01 PM

Makes a ton of sense.

RE: New England FBS: UCONN, UMass, and BC to play on a regular basis? - TripleA - 10-01-2015 02:09 PM

I thought BC hated UConn and has tried before to keep them out of the ACC. No? Or have minds changed?

RE: New England FBS: UCONN, UMass, and BC to play on a regular basis? - HartfordHusky - 10-01-2015 02:11 PM

(10-01-2015 02:09 PM)TripleA Wrote:  I thought BC hated UConn and has tried before to keep them out of the ACC. No? Or have minds changed?

They have. That's why this is news. Both schools have new administrations now and are each dealing with their own problems, so maybe its time to patch things up.

RE: New England FBS: UCONN, UMass, and BC to play on a regular basis? - Stookey57 - 10-01-2015 02:47 PM

Adazzio is ccsu alumnus

RE: New England FBS: UCONN, UMass, and BC to play on a regular basis? - johnbragg - 10-01-2015 02:47 PM

I think this goes out the window the first time big, bad ACC Boston College loses to a lowly G5 UConn.

RE: New England FBS: UCONN, UMass, and BC to play on a regular basis? - UConnHusky - 10-01-2015 02:55 PM

(10-01-2015 02:09 PM)TripleA Wrote:  I thought BC hated UConn and has tried before to keep them out of the ACC. No? Or have minds changed?

BC was too short-sighted to see that having UConn in the ACC would be advantageous to both schools. BC said that is was a "matter of turf" and thought that UConn would be cutting into their recruits and fanbase. However, if anything, UConn's presence in the ACC would bring additional excitement about college football to New England by elevating the BC-UConn hatred to a must see type of game. That would help recruiting for both schools as more eyeballs would be on both of them.

So, while I am excited that BC and UConn could be scheduling each other again, these games won't be must see TV for a national audience unless UConn is also in the ACC. The in-conference hatred would elevate the game to an entirely different level.

RE: New England FBS: UCONN, UMass, and BC to play on a regular basis? - DefCONNOne - 10-01-2015 03:02 PM

I don't know if you read my post, but that's the point I was trying to make. The only way I believe this article(?) is when both teams are on the field for opening kickoff.

RE: New England FBS: UCONN, UMass, and BC to play on a regular basis? - DefCONNOne - 10-01-2015 03:05 PM

(10-01-2015 02:11 PM)HartfordHusky Wrote:  

They have. That's why this is news. Both schools have new administrations now and are each dealing with their own problems, so maybe its time to patch things up.

No they haven't. Yes both schools have new administrations, but there's no way BC ever plays UCONN in football. BC's alumni would revolt.

RE: New England FBS: UCONN, UMass, and BC to play on a regular basis? - HartfordHusky - 10-01-2015 03:11 PM

(10-01-2015 03:05 PM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  

No they haven't. Yes both schools have new administrations, but there's no way BC ever plays UCONN in football. BC's alumni would revolt.

I was replying to the first questions about them blocking us. I don't know if minds have truly changed. We'll see.

RE: New England FBS: UCONN, UMass, and BC to play on a regular basis? - UConnHusky - 10-01-2015 03:11 PM

(10-01-2015 03:05 PM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  

BC is too afraid of UConn's success in athletics. UConn has a rich basketball history (BC doesn't) and football could be a solid in a P5 conference (and BC worries that we would steal their recruits). As for hockey, it was so much fun to hear BC fans complain about UConn's entry into Hockey East while saying that we wouldn't be competitive and then watch UConn beat BC on our home ice in our first year in the league when BC was ranked in the top five.
04-rock

RE: New England FBS: UCONN, UMass, and BC to play on a regular basis? - HartfordHusky - 10-01-2015 03:17 PM

Hopefully, they realize that there are only 2 FBS schools for whom BC is a marquee opponent and decide to build on that.

RE: New England FBS: UCONN, UMass, and BC to play on a regular basis? - HuskyU - 10-05-2015 01:20 PM

Rumor today says UCONN will play BC in 2016.

UCONN OOC Schedule 2016:

Maine
@ BC
Syracuse
Virginia

3 ACC opponents. Regional foes. I like.

RE: New England FBS: UCONN, UMass, and BC to play on a regular basis? - HartfordHusky - 10-05-2015 01:27 PM

(10-05-2015 01:20 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  Rumor today says UCONN will play BC in 2016.

UCONN OOC Schedule 2016:

Maine
@ BC
Syracuse
Virginia

3 ACC opponents. Regional foes. I like.

Love it if true. Easy road game in Boston and Cuse and UVA at the Rent! Great OOC schedule!04-rock