CSNbbs
Mars has flowing liquid water, NASA confirms - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Mars has flowing liquid water, NASA confirms (/thread-750923.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Mars has flowing liquid water, NASA confirms - UTSAMarineVet09 - 09-28-2015 12:48 PM

"NASA has confirmed the existence of flowing liquid salty water on Mars, fueling the possibility of life on the Red Planet."

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/09/28/mars-has-flowing-liquid-water-nasa-confirms/

Looks like those martians are experiencing climate change too... 07-coffee3

RE: Mars has flowing liquid water, NASA confirms - HeartOfDixie - 09-28-2015 12:49 PM

That's pretty cool.

RE: Mars has flowing liquid water, NASA confirms - 200yrs2late - 09-28-2015 12:53 PM

My bags are packed,
I'm ready to go...

RE: Mars has flowing liquid water, NASA confirms - CardFan1 - 09-28-2015 12:59 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/28/us/mars-nasa-announcement/

Check out the slideshow that asks if there is life on Mars. Very interesting photos about half way down the page.

RE: Mars has flowing liquid water, NASA confirms - 200yrs2late - 09-28-2015 01:21 PM

(09-28-2015 12:59 PM)CardFan1 Wrote:  http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/28/us/mars-nasa-announcement/

Check out the slideshow that asks if there is life on Mars. Very interesting photos about half way down the page.

The iguana and squirrel ones made me laugh. The "Star Destroyer", "Pyramid", and "WWI Helmet" catch my attention only because they are significantly different than other rocks in their respective images with apparently flat and smooth surfaces, and geometrically equal curves. The eyes sees what they want to see they say.

RE: Mars has flowing liquid water, NASA confirms - SuperFlyBCat - 09-28-2015 01:32 PM

Community organizers will be there looking to register new voters.

RE: Mars has flowing liquid water, NASA confirms - EverRespect - 09-28-2015 01:35 PM

If it is flowing at those temperatures, it ain't water.

RE: Mars has flowing liquid water, NASA confirms - 200yrs2late - 09-28-2015 01:40 PM

(09-28-2015 01:35 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  If it is flowing at those temperatures, it ain't water.

Quote:The researchers were able to identify the telltale sign of a hydrated salt at four locations. In addition, the signs of the salt disappeared when the streaks faded. “It’s very definitive there is some sort of liquid water,” Mr. Ojha said.

The perchlorate salts lower the freezing temperature, and the water remains liquid. The average temperature of Mars is about minus 70 degrees Fahrenheit, but summer days near the Equator can reach an almost balmy 70.

Science my friend.

RE: Mars has flowing liquid water, NASA confirms - hawghiggs - 09-28-2015 06:09 PM

Well that solves one problem. Wonder how much water there is? And can we use it for farming?

RE: Mars has flowing liquid water, NASA confirms - firmbizzle - 09-28-2015 06:31 PM

(09-28-2015 12:53 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  My bags are packed,
I'm ready to go...

I'm ready for you to go too....05-stirthepot

RE: Mars has flowing liquid water, NASA confirms - BcatMatt13 - 09-28-2015 07:21 PM

Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids

RE: Mars has flowing liquid water, NASA confirms - Redwingtom - 09-29-2015 09:29 AM

It's not true...it's a conspiracy. Just ask noted scientist and radio paper weight Rush Limbaugh.

RE: Mars has flowing liquid water, NASA confirms - stinkfist - 09-29-2015 09:48 AM

(09-29-2015 09:29 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  It's not true...it's a conspiracy. Just ask noted scientist and radio paper weight Rush Limbaugh.

what an idiot that guy is....

my old man tried to turn me on to him moons ago.....I laughed at him like I laugh at you thinking your shite matters....what's really sad, is that he forced you to post

complainers.....they solve nothing

that sums up this board....

RE: Mars has flowing liquid water, NASA confirms - Fitbud - 09-29-2015 10:03 AM

If it gets up to 70 in the summer and there is flowing water in some places, i wonder why plants haven't grown?

RE: Mars has flowing liquid water, NASA confirms - 200yrs2late - 09-29-2015 10:26 AM

(09-29-2015 10:03 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  If it gets up to 70 in the summer and there is flowing water in some places, i wonder why plants haven't grown?

You can't be serious by asking this question. It takes more than the presence of water to sustain plant life. If in the distant past plant life did exist on Mars, whatever seeds have essentially be in an extreme deep freeze for billions of years. Germination of any surviving seeds would be zero percent. Chemical composition of the atmosphere would be another barrier, as would the density of it. IF seeds existed in the first place, survived, and were present in the areas where evidence of liquid water exist, the salinity of the water detected alone would prevent growth.

RE: Mars has flowing liquid water, NASA confirms - Fitbud - 09-29-2015 10:32 AM

(09-29-2015 10:26 AM)200yrs2late Wrote:  
(09-29-2015 10:03 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  If it gets up to 70 in the summer and there is flowing water in some places, i wonder why plants haven't grown?

You can't be serious by asking this question. It takes more than the presence of water to sustain plant life. If in the distant past plant life did exist on Mars, whatever seeds have essentially be in an extreme deep freeze for billions of years. Germination of any surviving seeds would be zero percent. Chemical composition of the atmosphere would be another barrier, as would the density of it. IF seeds existed in the first place, survived, and were present in the areas where evidence of liquid water exist, the salinity of the water detected alone would prevent growth.

Then why is this "fueling the possibility of life on the planet"?

RE: Mars has flowing liquid water, NASA confirms - stinkfist - 09-29-2015 11:17 AM

(09-29-2015 10:32 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  

you know what's ironically funny....you're somewhat 'trying' as of late....

however, that usage of "possibility" and the potential gain escaped your grasp...

hence, there has to be a yahweh in your world.....let it be written, let it be done is your matra....it's all you know....like the worker to the queen.....simple ant

narcissism is a disease....and it affects the pee-pee that flows from your oral member....you don't need to purchase a shutoff valve or call lorena...yours is stuck in your mouth for continual feeding...

RE: Mars has flowing liquid water, NASA confirms - CardFan1 - 09-29-2015 11:50 AM

The squirrels ate them ! 03-lmfao

[Image: 18pagzhyr0jixjpg.jpg]

Martian Squirrel

RE: Mars has flowing liquid water, NASA confirms - 200yrs2late - 09-29-2015 02:27 PM

Maybe because a sustainable source of water on Mars has long been considered one of the biggest barriers to colonization. The presence of water, even of extreme salination, may eliminate the need to physically transport water or water generating equipment to Mars.

As for past life or even microbes today, if life can exist in the deep oceans at volcanic vents, then there is certainly reason to believe some for of microbes may live in or near, or have lived near the source of the seasonal water flows

RE: Mars has flowing liquid water, NASA confirms - Fitbud - 09-29-2015 03:30 PM

(09-29-2015 02:27 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  

Maybe because a sustainable source of water on Mars has long been considered one of the biggest barriers to colonization. The presence of water, even of extreme salination, may eliminate the need to physically transport water or water generating equipment to Mars.

As for past life or even microbes today, if life can exist in the deep oceans at volcanic vents, then there is certainly reason to believe some for of microbes may live in or near, or have lived near the source of the seasonal water flows

Then why did you say,

"You can't be serious by asking this question. It takes more than the presence of water to sustain plant life."