CSNbbs
roughing the passer - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: roughing the passer (/thread-750687.html)

roughing the passer - bullet - 09-26-2015 09:24 PM

I don't like the way they have been calling it the last year or two. Its become "touching the passer" like the kicker is protected. Once they release, you can't do anything to them. Last week I saw a gentle shove called roughing. This week they called back an INT run back for a TD by Texas for a mild hit, Texas Tech got 15 yards on the next to last play vs. TCU on a similar play and A&M got put in FG range vs. Arkansas in the last minute on another mild takedown.

RE: roughing the passer - Wedge - 09-26-2015 09:48 PM

(09-26-2015 09:24 PM)bullet Wrote:  I don't like the way they have been calling it the last year or two. Its become "touching the passer" like the kicker is protected. Once they release, you can't do anything to them. Last week I saw a gentle shove called roughing. This week they called back an INT run back for a TD by Texas for a mild hit, Texas Tech got 15 yards on the next to last play vs. TCU on a similar play and A&M got put in FG range vs. Arkansas in the last minute on another mild takedown.

If the contact is not major, then the officials should look at whether the defender had a clear chance to avoid contact. The TCU defender could have pulled back, IMO, and didn't, so I don't have a problem with the flag even though the contact wasn't very hard.

I didn't see the other two.

RE: roughing the passer - Okielite - 09-26-2015 09:51 PM

The Texas call was terrible.