CSNbbs
Two TCU football players arrested - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+----- Thread: Two TCU football players arrested (/thread-750009.html)

Two TCU football players arrested - Viejobuho - 09-21-2015 10:15 PM

This, and all other football player arrests, are sad. Do football players, by the nature of their aggressive sport, tend to be more aggressive off the field too? In other words, are football players arrested proportionally more often than the rest of the student body?

I hope these guys are the exception at TCU.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/TCU-Football-Player-Arrested-on-Robbery-Charge-328548171.html

RE: Two TCU football players arrested - HooCares - 09-22-2015 10:48 AM

(09-21-2015 10:15 PM)Viejobuho Wrote:  This, and all other football player arrests, are sad. Do football players, by the nature of their aggressive sport, tend to be more aggressive off the field too? In other words, are football players arrested proportionally more often than the rest of the student body?

I hope these guys are the exception at TCU.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/TCU-Football-Player-Arrested-on-Robbery-Charge-328548171.html

Or is it the natural fallout from a culture that never holds good players fully accountable for their behavior? It starts way back in middle school where kids are passed (or someone else takes tests for them), so they can play and, in some cases, culminates in what amounts to protection from local police departments. It seems programs are willing to tolerate bad and even illegal behavior if the player produces on Saturday.

RE: Two TCU football players arrested - tramile12 - 09-22-2015 11:22 AM

Or is it just stupid college kids who wanted to drink a twelve pack of crappy beer? The only reason this is news is because its TCU football PLAYERS. I bet regular kids (students) get drunk and steal beer and do stupid stuff too, lets not over analyze please.

RE: Two TCU football players arrested - Orange County Owl - 09-22-2015 12:47 PM

TCU has now lost enough players to injury and suspension - they were already down FIVE starters on defense - that their lofty preseason outlook has clearly been muddied a bit.

RE: Two TCU football players arrested - Fort Bend Owl - 09-22-2015 03:28 PM

Nice of Gary Patterson to keep everything in perspective. Earlier today he said, ""It's not even close to what happened south of here."

Note to the MOB: you can endear yourself to all Baylor fans if you repeatedly make fun of TCU and Patterson at halftime this week.

RE: Two TCU football players arrested - Professor Smashmouth - 09-22-2015 03:47 PM

(09-22-2015 11:22 AM)tramile12 Wrote:  Or is it just stupid college kids who wanted to drink a twelve pack of crappy beer? The only reason this is news is because its TCU football PLAYERS. I bet regular kids (students) get drunk and steal beer and do stupid stuff too, lets not over analyze please.

Hey, I liked to drink cheap beer as much as the next guy when I was in college, but it never, never once occurred me to beat up someone for their beer. That is not putting attention on these guys because they are football players - that is giving them attention because they are strong arm thieves.

RE: Two TCU football players arrested - I45owl - 09-22-2015 04:16 PM

Even the allegation pales in magnitude to what players have been convicted of at other schools. But, one should keep in mind that these are only allegations at this point in time and it's premature to condemn these players. That said, if it's a case where everyone was drunk, I don't expect we'll know the entire truth.