CSNbbs
Congratulations Ohio. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Mid-American Conference Talk (/forum-472.html)
+---- Thread: Congratulations Ohio. (/thread-748684.html)

Pages: 1 2

Congratulations Ohio. - MU ATO - 09-12-2015 09:41 PM

Look forward to the series renewal in 2019 and hate that we have to wait that long to play as Marshall vs Ohio is one of my favorite games. Good luck rest of the year!
04-cheers

RE: Congratulations Ohio. - BruceMcF - 09-12-2015 09:44 PM

Yeah. I don't often cheer for the Bobcats to win in conference play, but I was cheering for them in this game ... this win over Marshall seems likely to make this forum a more pleasant place over the coming year.

RE: Congratulations Ohio. - MacLord - 09-12-2015 09:54 PM

Always good to put the Herd in their place.

RE: Congratulations Ohio. - EdM - 09-12-2015 10:08 PM

As I have done after each of the Bobcats wins, I also wanted to stop in and say congratulations to the Ohio fans and their team. That was about as ugly of a game as it gets. Unfortunately for us, the Herd was a bit uglier than the Bobcats (and by a bit, I mean y'all had a QB and we had a person wholly undeserving of standing in the QB position). I was very impressed with the quickness of Sprague, both literally and in terms of his decision making. He also showed a nice touch on his passes, something Birdsong has lacked in both of his first two games. Marshall was able to get away with that sloppy passing game in their opener against Purdue, but Ohio certainly capitalized.

Congrats again to the Bobcats. They get to hold that rivalry trophy for quite some time now.

Until next time...

RE: Congratulations Ohio. - OhioBobcatJohn - 09-12-2015 10:10 PM

Ohio defense was impressive tonite. Marshall had one good run all nite. Both team with over 100 yards in penalties. Neither team can return a punt without holding or a block in the back. Horrific special teams play for both teams. Ohio has looked much better these first two games than last year.

RE: Congratulations Ohio. - bobcatgrad - 09-12-2015 10:14 PM

Thanks for the classy posts Marshall fans. It sure was ugly, but always happy to win in this game as I am sure you were happy to exact revenge on us last year. Too bad we have to wait until 2019 to play again, but we will keep the bell in safekeeping until the next time we battle.

RE: Congratulations Ohio. - EdM - 09-12-2015 10:18 PM

(09-12-2015 10:10 PM)OhioBobcatJohn Wrote:  Ohio defense was impressive tonite. Marshall had one good run all nite. Both team with over 100 yards in penalties. Neither team can return a punt without holding or a block in the back. Horrific special teams play for both teams. Ohio has looked much better these first two games than last year.

Not to disparage OU's defense. They certainly played well. That said, it's much easier to play well when you figure out that you can just stack the box to stop the best offensive player on the opposing team because you know that the quarterback can't accurately pass 10 yards downfield. Make sure you've got the screen covered and you've deflated Marshall's passing game more than a New England football.

Solich is a hell of a coach, and he had his team ready to capitalize on the Herd's weakness. He was good enough to identify that weakness after only one Marshall game, and exploit it. He always has Ohio ready to play against Marshall. I've been very impressed with him over the years.

RE: Congratulations Ohio. - H2Oville Rocket - 09-12-2015 10:35 PM

What a day for the MAC! Nice win, 'cats!

RE: Congratulations Ohio. - Roberto Gato - 09-13-2015 12:10 AM

This was a very physical, brutal, defensive struggle. It's a shame there were so many penalties. OHIO's special teams are a much bigger concern than I thought they'd be. FG kicking and punting are really suspect.

RE: Congratulations Ohio. - bobcatgrad - 09-13-2015 02:29 AM

(09-12-2015 10:35 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  What a day for the MAC! Nice win, 'cats!

Thanks! You guys did alright too. 03-wink

04-cheers

Congratulations Ohio. - tnzazz - 09-13-2015 09:31 AM

Thank you Ohio!

Great weekend for the MAC. I look forward to an exciting game next week against Bowling Green. Take the Over.

RE: Congratulations Ohio. - FMRocket - 09-13-2015 11:52 AM

Good job Cats !! Always good to take down the Herd, in somewhat of a rivalry game...04-cheers

RE: Congratulations Ohio. - GalliaCat - 09-13-2015 01:39 PM

Looks like the game was a little rough on Ohio's quarterbacks. The Bobcat starter Vick was knocked out in the first and then backup Sprague was knocked out with an injury on a late hit out of bounds on Ohio's last scoring drive. Looks like Ohio may be using its 3rd string QB in next weeks game vs. SE Louisiana. That makes me nervous!

RE: Congratulations Ohio. - Zipfanatik - 09-13-2015 01:54 PM

Nice. MAC > CUSA

RE: Congratulations Ohio. - NIU007 - 09-13-2015 02:34 PM

Cool, maybe it will shut up some of those Marshall fans for a while. Now they can only argue about attendance.

RE: Congratulations Ohio. - Cnelson203 - 09-14-2015 06:04 AM

Ohio out-coached and out-played my Herd, and deserved the win. Congratulations, with no reservations at all. Solich is as steady a head coach as we face...you know what you are going to get and he gets his team to a point where they perform the plan, year in and year out. Has been a great 7 year stretch in terms of games...only two blow outs (one for each) and the rest of the games were highly competitive.

All in all, however, I echo the sentiment of an earlier poster who wishes that we didn't have to wait until 2019 to renew the series. I look forward to this game every year.

Ohio is a tremendous program. Now go win the East!!

Great week for the MAC in general thanks to Bowling Green, EMU, Toledo and Ohio.

RE: Congratulations Ohio. - bobcat_backer - 09-14-2015 07:56 AM

ok I don't know about you all but these Marshall fans coming here and being nice and congratulating us is kinda freaking me out! LOL I mean, isn't this one of the signs of the apocalypse?! ;-) 03-lmfao

RE: Congratulations Ohio. - T-Town - 09-14-2015 09:34 AM

(09-14-2015 07:56 AM)bobcat_backer Wrote:  ok I don't know about you all but these Marshall fans coming here and being nice and congratulating us is kinda freaking me out! LOL I mean, isn't this one of the signs of the apocalypse?! ;-) 03-lmfao

I have generally found Herd fans to be gracious when they lose. It is when they win that they become obnoxious.05-stirthepot

RE: Congratulations Ohio. - THUNDERStruck73 - 09-14-2015 10:53 AM

Good game Bobcats. You really exposed the weakness of our offense. Your defense was stout. Good luck the rest of the year and bring the MAC title back to the east!!! Cheers.

RE: Congratulations Ohio. - bobcat_backer - 09-14-2015 12:30 PM

(09-14-2015 09:34 AM)T-Town Wrote:  
(09-14-2015 07:56 AM)bobcat_backer Wrote:  ok I don't know about you all but these Marshall fans coming here and being nice and congratulating us is kinda freaking me out! LOL I mean, isn't this one of the signs of the apocalypse?! ;-) 03-lmfao

I have generally found Herd fans to be gracious when they lose. It is when they win that they become obnoxious.05-stirthepot

Well, then, I'm glad we are doing OUr part to keep them humble! :-)